Usernames

Apollo

I think it would be fun to learn about everyone's usernames...like what is it from, what does it mean to you, why did you pick it, etc.

Anyway, obviously mine is Apollo, the Greek god of light, music, the sun, blah, blah, blah (he had way too many responsibilities...). Okay, it's been my username since a site called Spira's Final Hope a loooooong time ago. When I joined, I think you like had to join to even see any of the content, so I joined just to see what the site had, but then I ended up liking it and becoming active and all that. Anyway, I couldn't think of anything on the spot and wasn't so invested in trying to find a really good username, so I was like um, um, um...I like Greek mythology...oh crap...um, APOLLO (favorite god)...yeah. lol

So like, it kind of stuck, so I kept it. And it's been following me from site to site (like Shinra Insider and others that I can't think of their names at the moment) until I came here. Of course, I've been thinking about changing it (it has nothing to do with gaming or anime or anything really), but like I said, it kind of stuck and I could never bring myself to changing it.

Okay, so I'm interested in learning the backstory of y'all usernames, too!

So I'm Seirachan cause back in high school a friend of mine sent me a website and showed how your name is pronounced in Japanese. My name was Sarah and I looked it up and the result was Seira so I added the chan at the end cause thats what most girls are called in japan(I said it meant cute to the guys and one of them said, "yeah that's true" O.O All the geeks kept falling for me)

I also have a name called Sheeta. It was a random name I came up with while writing a story back when I was 11(terrible story but that's beside the point) She had white long hair and had something to do with crystals and also had a Ferret for a pet that talked. (There was a guy in that story with blue hair but I can't remember him for the life of me) She later became my Paladin on world of warcraft that is my avatar.

I always wanted an Iguana. They are soo kool and I wanted a pet that doesnt do anything. Since I always called my Iguana iguana, the A in the front just caught on so I just called him Aguana. Omar is my middle name and like it better than my first.

My whole inspiration for my ideas in art, video games and anything else is my aguanas. I love them to death.

My name, followed by my favorite weapon/tool.

I love the scythe, it was a useful farmers tool for many years (and is still used today by some), but when converted to combat uses, all sorts of variations arose.

In reality, 99% of scythe combat is modified halberd works, but the heavy blade leads to a lot smaller actual attack area (except if using a double sided blade... then its good) and due to the weight of it requires many long sweeping movements with followthrough and then redirection (using momentum a lot), making the entire combat look like a beautiful dance.

Ah...the origins of ma username...a long and arduous journey...most of which starts with counterstrike...

I have many, or hąve had, usernames mostly in latin (like aurum, cupreum) ancient greek (adamas, haima) mythology (tyr, theocales, susanoo) or the names of minerals (chyrosparse, peridot, gneiss) but Anras Rune came around because of a group of people i used to play counterstrike with. When we played we got bored of the copious amounts of similar names and eventually started changing our names...most of the above was used at some point another especially aurum and gneiss.

Eventually i started too play around with the three names Aurum, Gneiss and Anras. Then it boiled down to Gneiss Rune and Anras Rune. So now is use either of the two...so chances are that anyone with either of those names on anything then it is me!

Ah...the origins of ma username...a long and arduous journey...most of which starts with counterstrike...

I have many, or hąve had, usernames mostly in latin (like aurum, cupreum) ancient greek (adamas, haima) mythology (tyr, theocales, susanoo) or the names of minerals (chyrosparse, peridot, gneiss) but Anras Rune came around because of a group of people i used to play counterstrike with. When we played we got bored of the copious amounts of similar names and eventually started changing our names...most of the above was used at some point another especially aurum and gneiss.

Eventually i started too play around with the three names Aurum, Gneiss and Anras. Then it boiled down to Gneiss Rune and Anras Rune. So now is use either of the two...so chances are that anyone with either of those names on anything then it is me!