how old is too old for anime?

lokisminion

I'm 38 and have been watching anime for over 25 years. I'm just curious what fellow anime lovers think is the cut-off age if any for this stuff. I must admit I feel a bit embarrassed, but I can't figure out why people would judge this more harshly than a grown man playing 30 hours a week of madden, black ops, or a mmorpg.

I'm only 20 and I get a few odd looks every now and again from people when they hear I'm really into anime, but that just tells me I wont really get along with them and saves me the time of figuring out who and who not to hang out with. To answer you question; for me I know there will be no cut-off age. I think if you like it, do whatever interests you. A lot of people in America (not sure where you live but this most likely still applies) get the wrong idea of what anime is and can be and just go off on stereo type. I say educate them if you want to and if their willing otherwise eh. Just like any stereo type it takes a while for the mass of common people to understand something properly and someday there will be more anime fans then not, but until then.... Even so, right now, again I say if you, if you enjoy something, why should there by a "cut-off" age for it? life is short enough as it is. Hope that helps.

I find any age getting obsessed over anime is eeeeehhhhh. But that's obsession not just watching it. I find a lot of shows alright. I am not limited to just anime, its just Japanese airing. They don't have the room in their tiny country for large scale tv shotting. They are stuffed packed as it is, SO many people.

If your just watching anime at any age it's totally fine. It's seriously just TV

The reason they look that way is because they are idiots who think anime = cartoon, which means they think you should stop watching it around 11 years old and grow up because cartoons are for kids. The thing is, while they can somewhat acknowledge Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, etc being aimed at someone older than 11, they do not consider these true "cartoons" so they don't see much wrong with it like they do Anime. It all just comes down to ignorance.

As far as those who love Anime, there is no cut off date. As long as they keep making Anime that I believe is worthwhile and worth watching I'll be watching Anime. I may be on my death bed of old age and be asking someone to pop in the next Anime dvd. =P

yeah koby all the way to the end is what i say to.

oh and i am 21 almost 22 in Feb 28th and i am still watching so are my 2 brothers one is 20 and the other is 17. heck i even got my sister's kid into it and he is only 4. without the older guys how would the younger ones know of anime, if it wasn't for the older generation not showing or telling the younger generation i think that anime would die.

so i say watch for as long as you want.

There is no age limit. I am 52 and still enjoy watching anime. I still enjoy gaming. My tastes have changed. I am not into FPS anymore. I like CRPGs better. My taste in anime has changed over the years, but I am still watching. My father is 83 years old and has always been a fan of Pumpkin Puss and Mushmouse, Road Runner and Bugs Bunny. When my siblings and I were growing up my father would still down and watch cartoons with us. A great time was had by all.

When I visit my father now we still sit down and find those old cartoons and have fun. So I chuckle when someone puts down those old cartoons because some of you have no idea what joy they bring. I still see the joy and laughter in my father's eyes every time those cartoons come on.

I'm 38 and have been watching anime for over 25 years. I'm just curious what fellow anime lovers think is the cut-off age if any for this stuff. I must admit I feel a bit embarrassed, but I can't figure out why people would judge this more harshly than a grown man playing 30 hours a week of madden, black ops, or a mmorpg.

BLACK OPS AND MADDEN ARE FOR MEN! YEAHHHHHH!

Kidding aside, some people don't like Japan. I think it really depends on where you live for the general opinion of anime.

Im 21 and i dont feel that im that old to watch anime. I guess the reason people associate anime as somewhat childish is for the fact that its animated. Most people associate cartoons (even though anime may not be considered as cartoons) with children and what not. On the other hand, games like Black Ops and Madden have a more adultish feel to it thus being criticized less. But that is only how i see things. It doesnt matter what others think, just do what you like to do. imo, its as simple as that.

20, and still interested in Anime. I don't think there's an "age limit" to anime. The thing is, anime is like any other cartoon; there's some that are meant for younger audiences (Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade, etc), whilst others are meant for the older audiences (Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, etc).

It's like saying you're too old to watch The Simpsons; you're never to old to watch The Simpsons! :)