how old is too old for anime?

lokisminion

• 2 weeks later...

No age limit exists for watching anime, it's just as valid an art form as movies, TV serial or gaming. The issue lies with the critics, their narrow mindedness; not being able to see past ingrained preconceptions of what basically is story telling (as are all the other mediums mention, in one way or another) Watch whatever pleases you, for as long as it does, and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
There is no age limit. I am 52 and still enjoy watching anime. I still enjoy gaming. My tastes have changed. I am not into FPS anymore. I like CRPGs better. My taste in anime has changed over the years, but I am still watching. My father is 83 years old and has always been a fan of Pumpkin Puss and Mushmouse, Road Runner and Bugs Bunny. When my siblings and I were growing up my father would still down and watch cartoons with us. A great time was had by all.

When I visit my father now we still sit down and find those old cartoons and have fun. So I chuckle when someone puts down those old cartoons because some of you have no idea what joy they bring. I still see the joy and laughter in my father's eyes every time those cartoons come on.

wow, your one kind of example to be inspired with when this "age limit" in animes are considered.

as for me, im already 25 and going 26 this october. i did not even ask myself if should stop watching animes, it's almost a part my lifestyle, and i did not regret it to have that kind of hobby.

in my case, i would pick the decision to have my animes as a hobby than to be involved in "drugs or any crime related activites".

let's see, i've been watching since 1994 and until now its still in me. they do say that animes are quite childish, but i dont give a crap of that. in fact, my older brother which is older than me are still watching animes, even my officemates who have a 5+ year gap in my age are also involve in this kind of hobby.

there are alot of difference in an american cartoon than a japanese anime. there are also animes which is considered to be adult content which categorizes in the ages of 21+, so it should not be a problem for an adult to watch anime because i believe that everyone in every age is fine with it.

in the end, it depends on the person itself if he will stop watching or not, i know that there are lots of good shows over there but for me, my interest will always go to watching anime.

despite my poor social life because of addiction to animes and videogames, im glad that i've manage to live my life in a nice way, i just can't imagine on what kind of thinking would i have if ever animes and videogames came to my life :).