Kametsu High XI [story]

RazorDan

Chapter 3: Leg Break!

Danny looked up. He saw Indy coming at him. He also saw King sticking close to John and Koby marking Wren. Indy grinned. This guy's all talk, he thought , he's just standing there. Indy slid in. Just as he was about to get the ball, it disappeared.

" What the-!" exclaimed Indy. He turned around and was shocked to see Danny bombing forward with the ball glued to his feet.

The audience gasped. Danny went round King and found himself one on one with Koby. Koby grimaced.

" Bring it," said the captain. Danny charged. Koby did too. Just as they were about to clash, Danny backheeled the ball. The move completely took Koby by surprise and he was powerless to stop Wren from running past him.

" Damn" muttered Steve. " She's only a girl, I should stop it," Wren drew back her foot and smashed the ball into the bottom corner of the net. Steve didn't even move. The whole ground was stunned into silence. Wren turned around and jogged back to her half, completely unaffected by the atmosphere. John scowled.

" Why didn't you pass to me?" he asked sulkily. Danny ignored him and turned to address Wren.

" Nice shot," he smiled.

" Thank you," she smiled back. This innocent exchange confused the watching Xander. He saw Danny as a cocky and arrogant kid yet that small conversation made him sound more humble and caring.

Reijou looked at her watch. As it was a 30 minute game there was only 3 minutes remaining. Wren's early goal had been cancelled out by Koby's header 10 minutes ago and now the seniors were using their strength to their advantage. King again played a brilliant pass to Indy but just as he was about to shoot, Danny lunged in and tackled him. The ball rolled back out to King who smashed it goalwards but was denied by an amazing reaction save by Nero.

" Those freshmen are amazing!" said Naomi. Reijou nodded.

Down on the field the seniors launched another attack. Koby hit it long to Indy who controlled it and accelerated towards the goal. Suddenly John flew in with a tackle. Indy avoided it but Danny nipped in to take the ball. It was raining now and hard. He looked up to see he was all alone facing King and Koby. He dribbled forward cautiously. King mistook his caution for confusion and lunged forward. Danny grinned. Koby saw, too late, what was going to happen.

"King! Get back!" he shouted. King stopped only to see Danny kick the ball through his legs and run forward at full pace. Koby cursed and ran after him. He wasn't slow but Danny was just too fast. The rain was pouring down now. Danny could hardly see. Steve came out and looked as if he was going to block it but then Danny chipped the ball over his diving body. The ball looped up.

" Damn! I over-hit it!" exclaimed Danny. The ball hit the crossbar and rebounded back into play. Suddenly John appeared and looked set to volley it in.

" NO!" roared Koby. He lunged at the freshman and landed hard on his back. The ball rolled away for a corner but Koby wasn't smiling. The whole stadium was in a shocked silence for they had all heard the crack.

" AAAAAGGGH!" screamed John. He clutched his leg and screamed in pain as he saw his bone sticking out in an awkward angle........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, an open fracture, that's one of the most suckiest things that can happen to a player on the field. It's difficult to get it, you have to fall or get hit in the leg really hard, so that the bone breaks and pierces flesh from inside out. If you haven't blacked out immediately after the hit, you usually do so from the shock of seeing your own bone sticking out.

Chapter 4: Humility

" You bastard!" roared Danny lunging at Koby. The captain was so shocked that he didn't react as Danny punched him in his face, flooring him.

" I'll kill you!" The enraged freshman lifted his foot and was about to stamp on Koby when he was grabbed from behind.

" Wren! Let go!" he shouted. In response Wren tightened her grip.

" Please Danny. Leave it. It was an accident," she breathed into his ear. Danny immediately lost all the rage he had inside of him.

" Wren a-are you crying?" he asked stunned. Wren's grip on his neck weakened and when Danny turned around she embraced him. He patted her back.

" Hey it's ok. Don't worry. I'll make sure John is looked after," Wren nodded and Danny turned around and walked to his injured friend who was already surrounded by a crowd of people. He kneeled next to him.

" Weakling" he smiled. " How could you lose conciousness over such a minor injury?" One look at John's leg, however, clearly showed it was anything but a minor injury. Danny sighed. He looked at two seniors.

" You guys are big. Carry him to the medical unit," he said. The two seniors bowed their heads and muttered something.

" What?" asked a confused Danny.

" Well, er thats Random and we don't-"

" Bastards," muttered Danny. Steven and King appeared.

" We'll take him," said King.

" Thank you," replied Danny. King raised his eyebrow, surprised at the sincerity of his words.

As John was carried away, Danny turned to Reijou and Naomi. Koby looked at him. What now? he thought. Suddenly he bowed his head.

" Would you two please look after Wren?" he asked. Reijou's jaw dropped in surprise.

" Um, yeah sure," she stammered. Danny nodded and walked away. He stopped by Koby. Without even looking at Koby he said,

" Sorry," he continued onto a still sobbing Wren and grabbed her by the hand, gently leading her back to Reijou.

" We're done here," he said and walked towards the dressing room.

Danny put on his trainers and bumped into another freshman.

" Sorry" said the boy.

"Who are you?" asked Danny.

" My name's Leki." he said. " And i've come for try-outs," Danny walked past him.

" Whatever," As Danny walked towards the lockers he was stopped by Xander.

" Where are you going?" asked the concerned defender.

" Piss off." replied Danny. Xander sighed.

" Stop the tough guy act," he said. Danny smirked.

" I can't. It's how i've lived my entire life," Now Xander frowned.

" I saw how you acted with John and Wren. Is Wren your girlfriend?" Now Danny laughed.

" Nah man your well-off. She's like my kid sister and John's my best mate,"

" Kid sister?" asked a confused Xander.

" We might be the same age but i've protected them since we were 8 years old," He walked into an empty classroom and sat down in a chair.

" Would you like to hear about our past?" he asked Xander. The senior sat down next to Danny and nodded. Danny smiled and said.

" Well it all started 7 years ago.......

Chapter 5: Announcement

" Would you like to hear about our past?" he asked Xander. The senior sat down next to Danny and nodded. Danny smiled and said.

" Well it all started 7 years ago.......

Danny took a deep breath and as Xander leaned forward he said.

" You stupid moron!" Xander jumped in shock. Danny laughed.

" Did you really think I was gonna tell you my life story?" he smirked. Xander went red. Danny chuckled again. He stood up.

" I'll see ya tommorow Xander. Thanks," Xander's embarassment turned to surprise.

"Thanks? Why?" he asked.

" Cuz you cheered me up and that makes you a good guy in my book," Danny smiled and walked out of the room. Wow, thought Xander, maybe Danny's not so bad.

Wren sighed as she and Danny left the hospital.

" He looked real bad" she said gloomily. " He's going to be out for at least 8 weeks,"

" Yeah," replied Danny thoughtfully.

" What's up?" asked a confused Wren.

" Its just that i'm sorry for how i acted," he said. Wren laughed.

" Don't worry, I'm used to your mood swings. We've been together for 7 years after all. Were practically family," she said. Danny smiled.

"Yeah. We are," he said. Suddenly a tall figure blocked their path.

" Well isn't this cosy" smirked the newcomer. Danny instantly tensed and pushed Wren behind him.

" What do you want Vandame?" he asked coldly. The delinquent smirked in return.

" Hey Raz that's not the way to greet your senior," he grinned. " I heard your boy Random got his leg broken by Koby," Danny nodded. Wren shuddered. The tension in the air was unbearable. Vandame laughed again. He patted Danny's shoulder and walked past. Danny relaxed.

" Raz just to let you know, cocky pretty-boys don't survive at Kametsu High. Watch your back," grinned the senior walking away.

The next day

" Now, Mr Stevens' is ill so I will be taking you," said Miss Alice. Danny whistled. She's hot, he thought. Miss Alice looked at him and frowned, Danny grinned back. He felt a sharp jab in his ribs. He saw Wren give him a dirty look and dropped his gaze. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Miss Alice stopped halfway throught the register. The knock came again and the teacher sighed.

" I'm coming," she said. The knock came again. "I'm coming!" she said louder. The knock came yet again louder and harder.

" I'M COMING!" screamed Miss Alice. She opened the door and King stuck his head in.

" I bet the guys enjoyed that" he winked. Miss Alice blushed. King chuckled and announced.

" Coach Persocom says that all football trialists should go to the gym right now for the team announcement.," The eager freshmen rushed out of the room. Danny got up slowly and sighed. He sauntered over to the door with Wren following. King saw him and grinned.

" Hey kiddo," he laughed. Danny smiled evily and pushed the 17 year old into Miss Alice's chest. He walked out as Miss Alice screamed.

" YOU PERV!" CRACK! Danny laughed as he heard the slap. Wren frowned.

" That wasn't very nice," she said disapprovingly.

" Whatever," said Danny. " Lets go find out if we made it," he said and walked leisurely towards the gym.