Kametsu High XI [story]

RazorDan

Chapter 6: Fightback

As Wren and Leki kicked off again, Danny took a deep breath. Lance isn't just good, he thought, he's amazing, maybe even better than me. He smiled. Well he's not quite that good. Danny recieved the ball and passed it back to King. The midfielder knocked it wide to Meglad, who passed it to Leki. However, the striker miscontrolled it and was tackled.

" Damn!" cursed King. East Kametsu's number 5 passed it to the number 8 who played a brilliant diagnol pass to Lance, on the left side. Lance advanced forward slowly as Xander came to mark him. Xander made sure that he couldn't run down the line and grinned.

" You can't get past me!" he said. Suddenly, Lance burst forward but instead of going round the outside, he cut inside onto his right foot. His intense speed burned off Xander and the winger found himself with space and time outside the box.

" Close him down!" yelled Steve in goal. Koby moved to stop him but Lance had already shot. Steve could only stand there and watch as Lance's rocket strike hit the post and went wide.

" Amazing," he breathed.

They tried but EKA were impossible to break down. Danny got the ball and stopped. He saw Leki wide open and played a perfect pass to him. Leki's touch, however, was poor and he was tackled again. Ray, the No. 8, played a fabulous early pass to Reishin. The stocky striker raced forward skipping past Rezin and Dennis. Vandame moved to stop him. The bully grinned. As he advanced Reishin kicked it through his legs and ran into the box.

"Damn, thats my move!" cursed Danny. Reishin drew back his leg to shoot but at the last second was kicked by Vandame. The striker went flying. Vandame grinned again.

" You can't make a fool out of me," he said. His smugness immediately evaporated as he heard the sound of the ref's whistle. He turned around and saw the official pointing at the penalty spot. The referee turned towards Vandame and brandished the red card. Vandame bowed his head, turned and walked off the pitch. Reishin stepped up and smashed the ball past Steve.

" Damn!" cursed Danny. " I knew that idiot would screw it up!". In the crowd, Reijou turned to Naomi and said,

" This is bad. Real bad," Naomi nodded.

Ten minutes before half-time it went from bad to worse as Leki was tackled and Ray ran forward before passing to Lance. The winger skipped past a couple of defenders and smashed a screamer into the top corner. 3-0 in the first half.

5 minutes before half-time

Koby had the ball at his feet and passed it to Dennis. The fullback looked around and passed it to King, who was quickly covered by two opponents. King passed it back to Xander, who quickly returned it to the midfielder. King smiled.

" The old 1-2, worked a charm" he ran forward but was flattened by a crunching tackle from behind. The Kametsu High supporters rose up in anger.

" That's a terrible foul!" yelled Reijou.

" Send him off!" shouted Naomi. King got back up unscathed and the referee flashed a yellow card at the EKA player.

" Hmm," murmured Coach Persocom. " It's way too far out to have a shot, i wonder what they'll do," he mused. Danny and King stood over the ball. As they surveyed the field, King said,

" Leki's wide open but Wren, Rezin and Meglad are marked," Danny nodded in response.

" I don't know what the coach was thinking. Leki's been awful, Indy would have been a much better option," he remarked.

" I trust him. There must be something that made him pick Leki," said King. Danny nodded again.

" You take it," he said. King launched the ball into the box but it was easily cleared. Lance picked it up and again ran forward. Just as he was about to run forward, Danny hit him with a crunching tackle, which sent him flying.

" FOUL!" he yelled at the referee, who shook his head in response. Danny looked up and saw Leki free.

" Well here goes nothing," he hit the ball long. Too long.The pass was over-hit but that didn't stop Leki. I will get this, he thought, I must. He sprinted forward.

" Wow!" exclaimed Danny. " He's faster than Wren!" Leki caught up with the ball and ran into the penalty area. The goalkeeper came to meet him, but Leki just went around him and tapped it into the empty net, sparking jubilant celebrations from the Kamesu High fans.

" He's awesome!" exclaimed Xander. Koby nodded and grinned.

" Come on guys!" he shouted. " The fightback's on!"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 7: Agony

Danny and King exchanged passes, with the latter bursting forward. Danny looked up and saw that he was faced by 10 opposing players and with his team mates fully marked.

" Oh well," he muttered and smashed the ball goalwards.

" He's shooting from there?!" exclaimed Koby in disbelief. The goalkeeper could just stand and watch, rooted to the spot as the ball hit the post and bounced wide for a goal kick.

" Damn! So close!" moaned Danny.

" Amazing" breathed Xander.

" Come on lads! We've got 15 minutes to salvage something!" shouted Koby rallying his troops.

Now matter how hard they tried, EKA repelled wave after wave of KH's attacks. Lance frowned.

" This is bad," he said to Reishin. " At this rate it's only a matter of time before they score," Reishin nodded in agreement.

" Especially now," he said, gesturing at the touchline. Lance turned to look.

" Kametsu High substitution! Number 17 Leki to be replaced by Number 9 Indy. Lance grimaced.

" Indy the skyking. Good with the ball but unbeatable in the air. I'm surprised they took Leki off Wren hasn't done anything. Well she is a girl." As they chuckled Wren, who overheard their conversation, picked up the ball and kicked it. Hitting Lance's head.

" Oi!" he yelled indignantly. Wren smiled at him sweetly.

" I'm so sorry," she smiled. Lance blushed and dropped his gaze.

" Um tha-thats cool," he mumbled. Wren turned away. I'll show them, she thought.

Danny cursed as another cross was cleared by the EKA defence. We need John's skill to get through their defence. The ball was headed to Koby by Dennis.

" To me!" yelled King. Koby lobbed it to him. Reishin yelled,

" NOW!" Lance nipped in and intercepted Koby's pass. He rushed forward, past Dennis and Xander. He saw Reishin suddenly stop, his move catching Koby by surprise. Lance passed it to him and the EKA captain shot, the ball arrowing into the corner.

"GOA-!" Reishin's celebratory roar was abruptly cut off as somehow Steve had managed to save it. Koby cleared the loose ball and KH counter-attacked. Reishin sunk to his knees.

" How did he save that?" he asked himself in disbelief.

" Nevermind that, they're attacking," said Lance. King ran past a couple of defenders and hit the ball into the box. Indy managed to win the header this time and his attempt smacked off the crossbar.

" Ohh so close!" exclaimed Reijou in the crowd.

" You can do it Kametsu High!" cheered Naomi. The ball fell to Danny 30 yards out. He was about to shoot but at the last second he saw Wren free on the wing and passed it to her. The pass completely wrong footed the defence and Wren stormed forward at an amazing speed, dribbling past one, two, three and four defenders. Still 20 yards out, she unleashed a rocket of a shot which flew into the top corner. The stadium fell into a stunned silence before the KH supporters erupted in celebration.

" Amazing!" shouted Reijou and Naomi in unison.

" WREN! WREN! WREN!" roared the fans. Coach Persocom looked at his watch.

4 minutes left can they do it? he wondered.

Lance and Reishin kicked off and passed the ball back to Ray. As the midfielder attempted to pass, Indy slid in and deflected it. The ball fell to Rezin who ran up the right wing with it. The rest of the team streamed forward. Rezin found himself blocked and passed it back to Xander who passed it to King. King looked up and played another brilliant pass to Meglad on the left. His cross was headed out and the ball came to Danny who found himself surrounded. What now? he thought. Suddenly, he spotted Koby in an advanced position and layed it off to him. 30 yards out, the Kametsu High skipper unleashed a bullet that smashed off the post. The fans moaned in frustration. The shot had left the goalkeeper in a bad position and as it fell to Indy, it was almost an open goal. He hit it and it was going in but for an unbelievable diving black by Reishin, the ball striking his midriff.

" What the-?" exclaimed Indy in disbelief. The ball was cleared to the halfway line.

" It's Lance! Stop him!" yelled Koby. Danny sprinted back and found himself racing Lance to the ball.

" You won't beat me!" he yelled.

" Oh yeah? Bring it!" replied Lance. They both chased after the ball, with the attention of everyone present, on them. Danny edged ahead.

" I got this!" Lance laughed and suddenly accelerated. Danny gasped in surprise as he was overtaken and tried to get back, to no avail.

Damn, I'm too slow. Lance ran into the area and smashed the ball into the net. Danny dropped to his knees. They had tried so hard but they had lost.

" Dammit!" screamed Danny, punching the ground.

Chapter 8: Disbelief

" Oh yeah? Bring it!" replied Lance. They both chased after the ball, with the attention of everyone present, on them. Danny edged ahead.

" I got this!" Lance laughed and suddenly accelerated. Danny gasped in surprise as he was overtaken and tried to get back, to no avail.

Damn, I'm too slow. Lance ran into the area and smashed the ball into the net. Danny dropped to his knees. They had tried so hard but they had lost.

" Dammit!" screamed Danny, punching the ground.

The next day

Danny walked sullenly towards school. He sighed as he thought about yesterday's match. As he entered his classroom, he was surprised to see John sitting at his desk, with his leg in plaster.

" Your out of hospital already?" John nodded.

" The doctors are amazed at my awesome recovery. I'm still a couple of months away from fitness," he boasted. Danny smiled.

" It's been quiet without you around bro. Nice to see you back," he said quietly. John raised his eyebrows.

" Are you feeling ok?" he asked. Danny frowned.

" Yeah. Why?"

" Just it's surprising to hear you say that,"

" Whatever," shrugged Danny.

" QUIET class!" shouted Miss Alice. The noise level subsided.

" Good. Now i heard that our class had three representatives in the school match yesterday." Danny frowned again.

" Three?"

Suddenly, Leki ran into the room. He's in our class? thought Danny.

" Sorry I'm late miss," he panted. Miss Alice just smiled.

" Its fine. Sit down," she said. Oblivious to the lust filled gazes of most of the boys in the class. Danny looked at John and grinned.

" The class is filled with pervs," he said. Miss Alice continued,

" Well done Danny, Wren and Leki. Oh and Nero! The substitute goalie!" John looked at Danny.

" Where is Wren?" he asked.

" No idea," shrugged Danny. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Miss Alice stopped.

" Come in," she called. The knock came again. Miss Alice sighed.

" I'm coming!" she said. Another knock.

" I'm com-, wait a minute. Very funny King," The door opened. King stood there grinning.

" Soccer squad meeting for everyone who took part yesterday. Oh and John too," he looked around.

" Where's Wren?

" Dunno," replied Danny. As they exited the room, Miss Alice screamed.

" What the heck?" Danny exclaimed. They saw Miss Alice hitting Dennis, who was kneeling on the floor and staring up her skirt.

" It's only Dennis, let's go," said King dismissively.

" What's the meeting about?" asked Leki. King shrugged.

" No idea but Koby seems tense," They all walked towards the clubroom.

"WHAT?!" exclaimed the soccer team in unison. Koby sighed. Danny stood up.

" How? No way! She wouldn't. Your lying!"

" He is not!" said Coach Persocom, entering the room.

" So your telling me that Wren-" The coach cut him off.

" YES! Wren has gone to East Kametsu Academy for a trial and there is a high chance of her transferring there!"

• 2 weeks later...

man chapters 6 and 7 were pretty long! Here's 9 after a loooong delay

Chapter 9: Why?

" YES! Wren has gone to East Kametsu Academy for a trial and there is a high chance of her transferring there!"

There was a collective intake of breath as heads turned towards Danny. John called him warily.

" Danny? Mate, you OK?" he asked. Suddenly, Danny laughed. The members of the team all looked stunned. Koby put his hand on the freshman's shoulder.

" It's ok," he said, kindly. This caused Danny to laugh even more. Now even Koby was confused. Finally, Danny spoke.

" So they only offered Wren a place?" he asked Coach Perso. The coach nodded.

" Well they think she's better than me and we can't have that. From now I pledge that I will destroy EKA!"

John grinned and roared his approval. The rest of the team looked thoughtful.

" Are you gonna let them get away with this? They are saying there better than us! That we aren't good enough for them!" continued Danny. Suddenly, looks of comprehension dawned on their faces.

" So let's get out there and train. Train every single day so when we come up against them, we can prove that we are better! Prove we are superior and they are inferior!" he exclaimed. All the players were on their feet, yelling in agreement, pumped up to the max. In the corner Koby smiled. He's a natural born leader, he thought, staring at Danny, now I know who my successor will be.

As they left the training field, Coach Persocom called them over.

" Meet me at the clubroom in 10," he said shortly. As the players went to change, the Coach sighed. This was gonna be tough.

The players entered the clubroom and sat down on the benches. The coach nodded to Koby, who stood up.

" In 3 days we have a match in the first round of the qualifying tournament for the nationals. Our opponents are Akuma High. There only ranked 15th out of the 17 teams in Kametsu. We are 7th so we should beat them, however, that doesn't mean we can be complacent," he warned. Koby sat down and the coach got up.

" The only difference to the team is that Indy comes in for Leki. Obviously if Wren transfers than Leki swaps with her. You are free to leave but Danny, John and Vandame stay behind,"

Everyone else left. As soon as they had gone, the coach spoke.

" I am concerned that your actions are not in the best interests of the team," Danny frowned.

" You are all more concerned with personal glory," continued Perso.

" Your wrong!" exclaimed John.

" Am I? I need all three of you to think. Think why. Think why am I playing soccer? What is soccer to me?" Danny opened his mouth.

" No disrespect sir but I'm good at it so I merit a place in the team,"

The coach laughed.

" No one warrants an automatic place in the team. If you talk about ability and talent then why did you stop boxing? Why did Vandame stop kickboxing and why did John stop running? Those sports are for individuals not this one. So go and fix your misguided opinions or find a new team," he ordered dismissively.

Wonder how everyone is going to react when they see Wren again? but can't wait to read about the next game. Great chapter can't wait for the next one, oh and RazorDan quality is aways better over quantity, so take as much time as you need, we'll all be excitedly awaiting the new chapters to come:)

Nice chapter. ^.^ Putting them in their place and making them think twice about where they stand and to help better as a team rather than trying to focus solely on standing out in a team sport. "Go back to running or kickboxing" lolz.

You traitor Wren! We'll get them next game for sure! Then Wren will come begging to rejoin us.

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 10: Game Day

" No one warrants an automatic place in the team. If you talk about ability and talent then why did you stop boxing? Why did Vandame stop kickboxing and why did John stop running? Those sports are for individuals not this one. So go and fix your misguided opinions or find a new team," he ordered dismissively.

John fumed.

" He had no right to say that!" he exclaimed. Danny just frowned thoughtfully. Am I selfish? He spotted Xander leaning against a wall up ahead.

" What did the coach want?" he asked.

" Nothing," replied Danny, flatly. Xander sighed.

" Then wht is John so pissed?"

" The coach said I'm selfish and don't care about the team," stated Danny. Xander raised an eyebrow.

" Well, that's obvious,"

John stopped and glared at Xander.

" He's right." remarked Danny. John and Xander both looked at him in amazement.

" I mean it the match against EKA, I thought that by letting Lance beat me, we lost but when i think about it, I realise that its arrogant and big-headed to think the team's success and failure relies on me."

" Wow, I can't believe how much you've changed," said Xander. Danny chuckled.

" Who said anything about me changing?" he grinned, before walking away. Xander looked at John.

" He has changed. Doesn't matter what he says, he's not Razor, the delinquent anymore. He's finally found somewhere he belongs. I guess if he can change, so can I" smiled John, before following Danny. Xander just stared at them.

" They're cool but a bit weird," he grinned.

3 days later

Koby laced his boots and stood up.

" Ready to kick some ass, guys?" he exclaimed.

" YEAH!" came the reply. Koby smiled, he had a good feeling about this season. Suddenly, King grabbed his arm.

" Vandame's not coming," he said quietly.

" What?! How do you know?"

" I saw him being led away by the police. Seems he beat somebody up."

" Fool. We have to use a reserve now."

He called the team together.

" Vandame can't make it so Scott plays instead," he told them.

" Eh? Why can;t he play?" asked Iki.

" He's either passed out somewhere or he's sitting in a cell," snorted Danny.

" Anyway, let's go and beat them. Wren has officially transferred so Leki plays instead. Danny, John, you guys cool with that?"

" She doesn't even talk to us anymore, I don't care," muttered John. Danny just nodded. Coach Persocom walked in.

" I want you to play good football along the ground," he announced. " I know with someone as good as Iki in the air, you'll be tempted to play long, high balls but don't. Akuma have a reptation for toughness so you'll just be wasting time. We are better, way better. So just go kick some ass!"

The team all roared in agreement. Perso realised Vandame wasn't here, Danny looked pumped and John, despite having his leg in plaster, also looked excited. At least two of them responded positively.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 11: Meeting

The ref blew his whistle and Akuma kicked off. Their captain, Shaw, was a former EKA player so he was going to be a threat, thought Koby. King won the ball in midfield and passed it to Danny. Danny skipped past one defender before exchanging passes with Meglad and advancing into the Akuma box. He thread the ball through two defenders for Iki, who ran clean through.

" Great pass!" yelled Reijou from the stand.

" SCORE IKI!" yelled Naomi. Iki grinned and smashed the ball into the top corner. They were one nil up after just 2 minutes. The Kametsu High fans went wild.

" Come on guys! Let's get some more!" yelled Koby. Xander smiled. Everyone's so pumped , he thought.

In the end, they won 4-0, with Danny and Leki both scoring and Iki getting his second goal. As they left the changing room, Koby cleared his throat,

" Great performance today guys! My man of the match is......Iki!"

Everyone cheered good naturedly. Suddenly the coach walked up to them.

" Get on the team bus guys, now" he ordered. Everyone looked confused.

" Why?" asked John, leaning on his crunches. The coach looked at them seriously.

" Well....." he began.

" Well?" asked Koby.

" Don't you guys want pizza?" exclaimed Perso.

" YEAH!" came the reply.

" Well get in then!"

As the rest of the squad went to the bus, Danny smiled, suddenly his phone buzzed. A text. He read it and his smile dropped.

" Sorry coach, I gotta go," he said.

" You do? Ok, if your sure," replied the Coach. Danny nodded and walked away. The coach got into the driver's seat and ordered Xander to shut the door.

" Where's Dan?" asked John.

" He said he's gotta go somewhere,"

" Oh. Ok" replied John, frowning.

" So, Kametsu Hut or Kamino's?"

As the rest of the squad answered, John looked out of the window thoughtfully. Wonder what's up with Raz.

Danny opened the door of his flat and dumped his kitbag on the bed. He turned on his T.V and went to the kitchen to get a drink. In the kiychen, he heard the T.V sport report and froze.

" East Kametsu Academy thrashed Balamb High, the 5th ranked team in the region, today 7-0. Captain Reishin scored a hat-trick with Lance also getting one. The other 3 were all scored by new acquistion Wren, she was making her debut after transferring from Kametsu High who also enjoyed a comfortable win....."

Danny opened the can and took a long swig. He switched the T.V off and turned on his CD player. With Skillet playing on full blast he went to have a shower.

20 minutes later

He zipped up his hoodie and plugged himself into his mp3 player. He put the hood over his head and killed the lights. He exited the flat, locking the door behind him. As he went down the stairs, he spotted a group of youths drinking outside. He exited the block of flats. As he walked past the group, they called out to him.

" Razor! Come and join us!"

It was Vandame and his gang.

" I told you I'm not called that anymore, Vandame" replied Danny, calmly. Vandame frowned.

" I'll call you what I want, punk," he sneered. He gestured to his mates, expecting a fight.

" Whatever," said Danny, dismissively.

" Man, what's up with you?"

" I'm going to meet someone and I'm not to thrilled about it," he replied.

" Who?" asked Vandame, putting his arm around Danny's shoulders and steering him away from the gang.

" You stink of booze," commented Danny.

" Yeah, yeah. Who you meetin'?" asked Vandame impatiently. Danny sighed.

" Well?" asked Vaname.

" Wren."