Abortions?

Koby

Do you support abortions?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support abortions?

Personally I think an Abortion is the same thing as murder. However I believe in some cases it should be allowed. Such as in the case of a rape, or whatever as the child was not their fault and would only remind them of the horrible pain they have been through.

Other then that if you get pregnant then that is your fault and you shouldn't be able to get out of it by killing your baby the way I see it.

• Like 2

i understand where all of you guys are coming on this topic and i feel the same way as well, but since it is the woman's full right to do what she wants with her body as well as whats in it... and plus the only real time its murder is if u get the abortion late in the pregnancy... if you get it at the beginning the baby hasn't even developed yet(none the less even started breathing) so its not really murder because the baby isn't developed enough to live...

Look at those put up for adoption though? They go through life with no one if they don't get adopted. And there is so many up for adoption that chances are unless its a baby that the child wont get adopted. And you see on the news about the bad conditions at orphanages etc.. They shut down the local orphanage over 12 years ago due to the bad conditions, some of the caretakers molesting the kids, etc.. Thats a pretty bad life for those kids.

I see where you are coming from though...

Well, If you are ashamed you can drop of a baby at a hospital or police station. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Like really, you tell them you dont want it or that your doing it for a good cause, and they have you sign a paper, and its over.

Bing Bam

Now the main problem i have with abortions, though i'd rather not talk too much about it, is the emotional damage it causes to the mother

Personally I think an Abortion is the same thing as murder. However I believe in some cases it should be allowed. Such as in the case of a rape, or whatever as the child was not their fault and would only remind them of the horrible pain they have been through.

Other then that if you get pregnant then that is your fault and you shouldn't be able to get out of it by killing your baby the way I see it.

Like you said murder is murder, and killing a baby from a rape case is murder. If you're going to kill off a baby from a rape, then any other baby should be killed off if the parent doesn't want it (fetal baby). If the parent doesn't want the baby, give it a chance at life, not just kill it off.

Oh, it's nice to see that I am the dissenter here.

I am most certainly pro-abortion.

If I was ever raped and impregnated, I would certainly get an abortion. No questions asked. I would not want to give birth to a child I did not want, nor will want especially if it was given to me by some anonymous dick that overpowered me. And I will not put the child up for adoption, because I will not go through nine months of carrying a child I will not keep for myself, or will probably never see again. At this point in my life, to have to deal with something growing in me for nine months will put a huge damper on my education, on my reputation (although it's pretty much torn to shreds anyway), and on my mental health. What am I going to do with a child that was the result of a rape? How am I going to support it? What if there are complications because my body is too weak to support the child? What the hell is the jackass that raped me doing now? Will I be able to find him and knee him in the gonads? Maybe make him pay for the kid he forced me to have? What I'm a carrier of some genetic disease and the child will have it? That's great--begrudge me for giving birth to you and then abandoning you, with an added bonus of faulty genes! And I don't even want to imagine giving birth to a stillborn.

Assuming that I do give birth for some bizarre, philanthropic reason and put it up for adoption, will I be able to sleep at night, knowing that a child of mine is out there? Are they okay? Are they being abused somewhere? What if the child starts asking questions, wondering what was wrong with them and why they aren't with their biological parents? And if they are told that the mother didn't want them because they were the result of a rape, how would they take that? Mommy doesn't want me and daddy doesn't even know I exist? I wouldn't want that for myself, much less for anyone else.

To ask someone if they'd rather be aborted than not, if they're better off dead is ridiculous. Hardly anyone will be willing to say that they'd rather be dead than alive--because they've already experienced life, already know what it has to offer. I was supposed to be aborted--would I rather be dead or would I rather be alive, knowing I was going to face things like child abuse, going back and forth between parents and wondering whether they were really fighting for me or fighting for old grudges, bullying at school, an eating disorder...? I don't know. I can't answer that for you because, like I said, I've tasted life, I've already experienced it.

No, I don't think it should be used as a contraceptive for women who are careless, but I don't want to see it being taken away as an option for women who usually are careful and have made the decision to have the abortion just because some person who has the money to throw around and fails to use proper contraceptive keeps getting them. For most women, abortion is NOT an easy decision. Whether they go through with it or not, there is a lot of pain and mulling over things. A lot of women who have had abortions might feel relieved, like they don't have to turn their life upside down for an unwanted child, but I'm not aware of many that didn't feel remorse, that didn't feel sad about the decision, even though they were sure it was for the best. You can't ban a viable option because there are irresponsible "whores" out there.

Better to have abortion legal and done safely than to ban it for people's religious or morally-superior reasons and have women have to turn to back-alley abortions and wire coat hangers, risking infection. There are already many unwanted children; I don't think I would like to add to that population. If/when I have children, I want to be able to see them grow, to raise them in a loving home, to look at them and not feel depressed because their conception was violent and unwanted. I want my children to have a better childhood than mine, and if it means that if I was ever faced with an unwanted pregnancy and have to squash the potential for life that time because I wasn't ready, so be it.

As for a married/devoted couple in considering abortion, in a perfect world, both members would think about it and discuss it with each other, not force opinions either way.

It's a woman's body, and if she has decided to have an abortion, then so be it. Better to abort it early than to birth it and then decide to drown it. No one has the right to use someone else's body against their will--not even an unborn foetus. Perhaps women who are devoted to and sexually involved with a male, who don't want children, should force/convince their boyfriend/husband to get a vasectomy, so the icky thought of an abortion never need come up.

Takes two to tango. Let's not just punish women if we're going to punish at all.

i also agree with EO.

i believe it's totally up totally up to the mother to want or not want the kid.if she doesn't then abortion.if she's religous she would get over the fact that she got raped and keep the baby no harm done.and no one's being ungreatful pandemonia it's an unborn baby it hasnt' even seen the world yet so technically it's like killing something that is not alive yet or will be alive later on.as for adoption yeah the little guy or gal is gonna go through more trouble being an orphan and misfit and then wonder who was the bitch that gave birth to it and be really pissed of and start cursing the mom and be like "yo why did you give birth to me if you didnt want me"

if you still dont want the baby dont want to kill it and dont want to send it to an orphanage,put it in a little basket and give it to some old couple.then the kid will grow up happy and when it's old enough to understand it will understand and forgive the parent.