Abortions?

Koby

Do you support abortions?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support abortions?

I don't agree with EO on the "experience" part. Have you done everything in life? Have you seen everything in life? Do you know about everything in life? No. You have not experienced life until you have answered those questions with a truthful "Yes".

If the mother was raped, what makes it any better to be part of the killing of an unborn child? Having the baby adopted is the most reasonable solution, no matter how old you are. If I was a women, and I had to chose between my own death, or life and abortion, I'd pick death. I've used up some of my years, the baby has not. Let the baby live, because I'm already expiring?

And, yes, you'll have to live with the thoughts of your adopted child and certain problems, but it's better the having the death of the baby on your conscious.

EDIT: And Faiz, the unborn child is a living organism. Just because it isn't out of the womb, doesn't mean it doesn't have a life.

^so your saying you'll bring the child into this cruel world?

well that does make some sense.seeing as the kid will see good times and bad times and knowing he was adopted will leave a big hole in him.It should heal too I guess.Thats why you gotta make sure you give to a good family but even then the child will be troubled.Maybe he is not capable of ever recovering from the hurt that is his true origins?Maybe he'll go into a deeper conflict with himself and do a series of bad things that will once again determine his untimely demise.It all depends on his mentality but yeah your right too.

It just may be my ego, but I think I am more important than an unborn foetus I did not want in the first place. I don't know if the child I gave up my life for will be treated well, or looked upon positively by the people that already knew me.

I'll probably never experience prostate cancer and my potential son might, but that's kind of moot. I think you're just hung up on some misanthropy.

I don't know if this is just a womanly thing or not, but I find it very difficult to take most male opinions on abortions very seriously. You will never have to handle an unwanted child growing in you. Sure, you may experience it second-hand, as the husband or boyfriend... Don't think it's the same though. No different than a guy having issues with his penis--not a lot of women can sympathise with certain cases.

It would not be the death of a baby on my conscious. It would be the death of a foetus. Or an embryo. I can never remember the specific time-line of pregnancy. In any case, an abortion is a private choice, and I couldn't care less what people think of a woman who gets an abortion. If you don't like them, then don't have them. Or don't date/marry a woman who is pro-abortion. And every time you get her pregnant because of a broken contraceptive, keep the baby. Or put it up for adoption. Whatever. Childbirth is very stressful, but gosh, it's better than killing babies! Always good to add to the population, isn't it? Never mind that welfare, adoption centres, and what have you are being stuffed with a lot of unwanted children and in general terrible condition.

Shoddy comparison, but if this about potential of life, then surely you'd agree that all girls, by the time they hit puberty, should be continually pregnant to prevent the wasting of an egg during each cycle.

In any case, my opinion stands firm that abortion should be legal and done safely, and anti-abortionists can just not have one and stop sharing pictures of dead foetuses.

ETA: Lol, Internet.

http://www.vhemt.org/

Just so it's clear, when I say I am pro-abortion, I mean that women should have the right to have an abortion if they so wish to have one. I personally try to avoid using "pro-choice" because people with agendas tend to hop on that and ask about death penalty and what have you. But it seems all pointless to try to defend myself now that "pro-abortion" can apparently apply to people who want every pregnancy to result in abortion. XD Sigh, morals. Some days I wonder why abortion even worth debating when people are just going to pick at names and force their morals on others, especially concerning women's bodies.

Again, no one should ever have the right use another person's body against their will. I'm fairly certain we aren't harvesting organs from convicted criminals and giving those to people who need them. I will not voluntarily support a child I don't want just because people think abortion is appalling. (I think macaroni and cheese is appalling. Icky.)

I don't support it because I think a woman have the right to do whatever she wants to do with her body... I know you're killing a newborn baby but that's her choice and I guess we should respect that. I mean, sometimes it's an accident and she didn't mean to get pragent plus a lot of young teens today always do unprotected sex. It's hard for a teen mom to raise a child so... uhhh that's what I think.

It's a woman's body, and if she has decided to have an abortion, then so be it. Better to abort it early than to birth it and then decide to drown it. No one has the right to use someone else's body against their will--not even an unborn foetus. Perhaps women who are devoted to and sexually involved with a male, who don't want children, should force/convince their boyfriend/husband to get a vasectomy, so the icky thought of an abortion never need come up.

Wait. Why does the male have to get the vasectomy?

I don't support it because I think a woman have the right to do whatever she wants to do with her body...

I'm glade you brought that up. Now let's support those who wish to kill themselves by telling them it is alright to commit suicide and we are behind them 100%. They hate life why not end it quickly?

Basically in the same vein of telling people what to do with their bodies--except instead of focusing on telling the girls what to do, it's on the guy.

I don't think abortion is akin to suicide--generally speaking, a woman deciding to get an abortion is not mentally unstable or trying to get attention. And in some women's case, childbirth would kill them (body not strong enough to support it, whatever), so they are choosing an abortion to save their own lives.

If I can't take care of that child then I won't have the child. The sooner the better, if it's only been a few weeks then fine, if it's six months then you did what you had to do. Why have the child then be struck with poverty and harsh times. Would you rather be starved, cold, and depressed or just not go through it at all!!!

If you're not ready, then stop it before it happens.

Basically in the same vein of telling people what to do with their bodies--except instead of focusing on telling the girls what to do, it's on the guy.

I don't think abortion is akin to suicide--generally speaking, a woman deciding to get an abortion is not mentally unstable or trying to get attention. And in some women's case, childbirth would kill them (body not strong enough to support it, whatever), so they are choosing an abortion to save their own lives.

This only tells me that the girl is parsimonious. Yes, there is a time where caring for yourself is exceptional if you have kids to take care of, but what good are you doing killing off a baby if your the one making the mistake? From what I notice the baby didn't make the mistake. Of course rape isn't an option, the baby is only a mistake of a violent crime.

A condom breaking isn't always the girl's fault--even worse if the guy doesn't even tell her that the condom broke. Not all abortions are considered because the woman was being a slut and banging thirty guys in one night without using any form of contraceptive. Even if that were the case, why should children be used as a form of punishment? What good is adding more unwanted children to the population?

Just because it can be abused for dubious reasons doesn't mean it needs to be outlawed. Anything and everything can be abused if in certain hands.

A condom breaking isn't always the girl's fault--even worse if the guy doesn't even tell her that the condom broke. Not all abortions are considered because the woman was being a slut and banging thirty guys in one night without using any form of contraceptive. Even if that were the case, why should children be used as a form of punishment? What good is adding more unwanted children to the population?

Just because it can be abused for dubious reasons doesn't mean it needs to be outlawed. Anything and everything can be abused if in certain hands.

:( I was most likely an unwanted child, and abused at that when a child. I don't want to be the pride consideration of abortion, although I may be a mistake I still can give something back to the world. Is my life not worth it? Just to be aborted because of a frivolous mistake my mother made? Of course a fetus can be born and do even greater things in the world then what the mother has done - why not give it a chance?

I addressed this earlier and I can't answer that question (apparently much less so now that Pand in all his misanthropy thinks that no one will ever experience life). I was supposed to be aborted myself. I don't think anyone would ever be able to answer that kind of question.

As long as the foetus is being aborted in the first trimester--long before it's capable of supporting itself outside the womb--, it's well within a woman's (or couple's) rights to abort the child. If, for some bizarre reason, she/they waited too long and now the foetus is capable of existing outside the womb (perhaps with some outside help like getting oxygen), then a C-section or induced labour is in order and the child should be eligible for adoption.

What do you mean? That abortion is still viable at eight months? No. It's a ridiculous amount of time to wait before making up one's mind about whether they want the child or not. I don't think most doctors in their right mind would abort the baby in the third trimester (except maybe for back alley places. Ick.)

Either carry the kid to term/induce labour or do a c-section if actually giving birth to it would have severe effects on the mother (like death--that's pretty severe :P).

C-sections are done when the process of childbirth would be more harmful to the mother and/or infant, or if there are complications like the child being too large, it's about to leave feet first, et cetera. Or if the mother has herpes or something weird like that.

Caesarean sections done properly are several times better than a wire hanger or barbecue tongs. :P

"HSV is generally transmitted by direct contact of lips and/or genitals when the sores are present, or just before they appear (known as shedding). In addition, herpes may be transmitted during childbirth, which can be fatal to the infant."

Quoted from the Wiki, but I don't think herpes is an STD occurring in the blood.

It depends on the situation, but like I said--when the risks presented by vaginal birth outweigh the risks presented by c-section, it's not unreasonable to have one. Most births involving multiple children end in c-section--and like I said earlier, when a kid is about to come out legs first (breeched), they risk getting their arms dislocated or getting stuck.