Final Fantasy VII Remake - Thoughts?

cloud1414

• 1 year later...

Looks awesome! I'm glad they're (apparently) updating the combat system to more of an action rpg style too because I feel it's more engaging. My favorite FF game so far (that I've played) was VII Crisis Core. I'm sure "oldschool", "hardcore" gamers will probably complain non-stop about it, but honestly they can just go play the original. I do hope, however, that they retain all the plot elements of the original and don't skip some stuff that is viewed as silly (like cross dressing Cloud). I don't think they will, but there's always a chance. I think it's gonna be great!

A lot of their more recent FF's have been pretty poor offerings & the only real reason for doing the remake is it's a pretty much assured money maker due to the hype around VII & it's spin off's. I'm interested to see how it does but won't be pre-ordering it straight away. I think they've lost some story & game-play in favour of graphics in previous ones (XIII was a pretty huge disappointment, although Lightning Returns was at-least going the right way). Plus there's the usual hurdle of when does a sequel/remake do better then the original?

I'm looking forward to the XV release & the XII re-release though

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, susboy said:

Cannot be more keen for this, 7 was my favourite game growing up and my favourite final fantasy. Anybody think it will be better than the original?

In some ways possibly. Obviously graphics will be better, but when it comes to gameplay it's probably down to personal preference. I like Action RPGs better than turn based, and since it's supposed to be Action RPG gameplay, I'd personally enjoy it more for that aspect. I think the biggest concern is what they'll do to the story. I'm sure the base story won't be altered too much, but many of the side missions and what not could easily be axed and I don't think any fans want this to happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Combat is more Kingdom Hearts then Vanilla FF7. AKA Action compared to turnbased like the old style was. I was honestly hoping for the base to be like FFX-2 to be honest and then with the FF7 stuff on top of it but they are completely chanigng the battle system for the remake. I am currently running through the game again using this

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

16 minutes ago, Topken said:

Combat is more Kingdom Hearts then Vanilla FF7. AKA Action compared to turnbased like the old style was. I was honestly hoping for the base to be like FFX-2 to be honest and then with the FF7 stuff on top of it but they are completely chanigng the battle system for the remake. I am currently running through the game again using this

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

That was obviously going to happen. Square Enix has adamantly and vehemently mentioned how against turn-based (in the traditional-sense) combat they are because they feel it's an outdated mechanism that doesn't belong in todays computing world. So it was pretty clear from the get go any full-on remake would see the removal of turn-based combat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...