Final Fantasy VII Remake - Thoughts?

cloud1414

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I for one am super excited for this! Of course that means I need to buy a PS4. Also, on IGN it's listed as being for PS4 and nothing else so at this point I would assume it's PS4 exclusive.

Not only did it say on the screen they also stated out loud "FIRST TO PLAYSTATION 4" which means its not exclusive. ;)

I for one am super excited for this! Of course that means I need to buy a PS4. Also, on IGN it's listed as being for PS4 and nothing else so at this point I would assume it's PS4 exclusive.

Not only did it say on the screen they also stated out loud "FIRST TO PLAYSTATION 4" which means its not exclusive. ;)

So it'll basically be like FF XIII which started on PS3 then got a port to 360? Still it's probably a ways off yet even for PS4.

It if comes on PC and my PC is not too obsolete to play it then I will probably get it.I just hope it isn't just the video scenes that received a graphical update. Although I would love it if they did a remake of Final Fantasy 6(released as Final Fantasy 3 in US)

I don't think it will be, they are coming out with the pc port for ps4 in the winter.  And it will be on iOS this summer. 

I heard rumors about this but didn't think it was true. The moment I saw the trailer I couldn't believe it. I mean I have never played the original game before and had watched the movie Advent Children. Also had the ps2 game as well. So I'm looking forward to playing the remake and it is for sure on my list of game I want to get.

I heard rumors about this but didn't think it was true. The moment I saw the trailer I couldn't believe it. I mean I have never played the original game before and had watched the movie Advent Children. Also had the ps2 game as well. So I'm looking forward to playing the remake and it is for sure on my list of game I want to get.

Final Fantasy VII on PS1 was awesome, though it being my first RPG ever plus 11 year old nostalgia might have something to do with it XD.

But do you think they'll keep all the silly stuff like snowboarding, the motorcycle chase and submarine stuff? I just don't see them leaving that in the game as playable, if they do leave it it'll more than likely be cutscenes but I'm willing to bet it's gonna get cut out completely.

I really don't see why they'd cut it out. Maybe change it to make the mechanics better, but if they completely cut anything like that, it'd defeat the whole purpose of the remake, to appease the fans that have been wanting this. I don't see why everyone's so worried they'll "ruin" it with the remake. I have yet to see a popular game that got a terrible remake. This isn't Hollywood, it's the game industry.

I don't see why everyone's so worried they'll "ruin" it with the remake. I have yet to see a popular game that got a terrible remake. This isn't Hollywood, it's the game industry.

When Enix merged with Squaresoft their first game FF game was X-2, which I know isn't a remake but a sequel which was pretty dire compared to X. The next being XII, that's when they tried open world encounters, again I don't think it did so well. Then XIII when they decided that towns and npc didn't really need to exist and that endless fighting was the key. I will say XIII sequels have been improving though.

So their track record hasn't been great so far, plus FFVII for a lot of fans is their most loved of the franchises and probably the one they started with. It holds special memories for them and their worried that Square Enix won't do it justice, or even worse start tweaking with things like the battle system or story and ruin it.

Depending on the success of this remake it could spell remakes of some of the other games or even sequels. In some ways it's a shame that their doing this as it's not really progressing the series further.

• Like 1