What Anime shows have made you cry?

StaticX

yep, the Question is what anime shows have emotionally affected you in what way?

Or, you could just list certain scenes within shows.

A big contributor for me was Elfen Lied, just the whole Anime is messed up: A dinclonius out for revenge slaughtering people, a young girl who ran away from home because of Sexual abuse, and let's not talk about Lucy adopting a Puppy...:(

I just watched Elfen Lied 2 days back ,I did not cry but I am pathetically sad (though in near past I cried for an anime,was depressed for a week).......I think it has become a tradition for them to end love stories in that way.....Damn them to hell!

An ending of one of the similar shows resulted into  writing a sequel to it, it is brainstorming often ends up depressing but somehow I am managing to move forward a little by little.

Sorry I got a bit carried away emotionally,I hope you can understand.

Katanagatari! I was absolutely mortified when

Togame got shot!

It really had me in tears. I wasn't ready! I didn't see it coming at all!

What happened afterwards will forever stay in my mind, too. Such a good anime...

Black Lagoon also made me cry. I think it was episode 16, the one with

'The Vampire Twins', the kids who were sexually and physically abused until they turned out just as twisted as the people abusing them.

Then there's Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin... The ending to that was just... Very tear-inducing for me.

Ahhh! So many anime moments have made me cry, it's not even funny! This list could go on for pages!

WAIT! Let's not forget Tasogare Otome x Amnesia! That was a very emotionally charged anime for me, too!

• 2 months later...

Gungrave ending, for sure. Guilty Crown (again ending). And actually, there are a lot of emotional moments in Fairy Tail that always seems to get me. It always comes as a shock too because that anime leans toward the light-hearted, fun side of things, but sometimes it can take a very sad turn of events. 

For me:

[C] Control when Sato

while slowly dying transfers Georges to Kamimaro, I think the music plays a big part

Elfen Lied with the Mayu scenes

how she became homeless, her time being homeless (hospital, bread shop scenes etc) and finally the scene where she loses Wanta

• 1 month later...

Gintama.

Okita Mitsuba arc, The Shinsengumi Crisis arc, The Kintaro arc, The Courtesan of a Nation arc, and finally the Beam Saber arc made me tear the most.

FMAB, when Hughes died :'(

And when that dad experimented on his daughter (I always skip that episode, can't handle it)

Edited by Salem

The one and only show that ever got me close to shedding a few tears was Welcome to the NHK.

Like when Satou and his Senpai didn't get together and live happily ever after. Whyyyyyyyy....they were made for each other! ;_;

And then when Misaki almost killed herself.....man those feels. ;_;

Of course I didn't cry or anything because I'm a MAN, and MEN don't cry.

It was just a really bad day for rain. Yeah.

Edited by Nintendon't

• 2 weeks later...

It's seems I have some sort of defense mechanisem against crying that throws my mind into happy things! (Weird ha?)

So It's kinda sad I never cried,

There were lots of animes that had such effects as I know exactly how to get emotionally envolved:

Angel Beats (Ending and some backstories)

AnoHana (Ending! Very emotional)

Attack on titan (Last part of episode 8. AKA: The hug/heartbeat scene)

Code geass (Ending)

Kyoukai no kanata (I don't remeber where!)

Monogatari Series - 04 Arc 03 Otorimonogatari (Obvious)

Requiem for the Phantom

Steins;Gate (Before Operation Sculd. AKA: The first ending)

Sword art Online

Tokyo Ghoul Root A (The first episode. When darkness falls on another day... )

You're lie in april (Obvious!)

I should be a cry baby inside!

There was one anime I got really emotionally envolved with, Oreimo.

If the Ending wasn't a total ****, And gave me enough closure, I'd say there might have been a chance!

But they just suddenly decided to make the wierdest ending possible!

Edited by aliqandil

• 4 weeks later...

I've only cried twice while watching anime. I watched grave of the fireflies. That ending makes me almost cry just thinking about it. I also have a little sister around the little girls age. So sometimes my sis reminds me of the little girl in the movie and I get depressed. Honestly I was depressed for like 2 weeks.

Now when I watched deadman wonderland at the end I was about to bust into tears, until I say everyone was ok. BTW I hated the ending to season 1 of the show.