What popular anime do you not like and for what reason?

ParasiteEve

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I dislike anything involving mecha, especially gundam, or excessive gunfights. Sorry, I'm not a big fan of guns (real life, anime, or video games). I also don't care for the "typical" fantasy animes that involve elves or vampires.

One of the 1st things that come to my mind is the fullmetal alcheimist series. Almost everyone I know that likes anime likes it. I tried to get into it, but it was ... meh at best for me. I don't hate it, but it's not for me I supose. I really did try this one, but about 10+ episodes in ... kinda bored really. Never picked it back up. Maybe I will one day or maybe I wont. Who knows I guess.

I didn't like Dragonball or DBGT, as I thought it was really drawn out and weridly annoying. Oddly enough, I do kinda like DBZ, but not as much as I did when I was a kid. I absolutely love the movies though.

I don't like One Peice; it's plain and simple why. I don't like the story, art style, characters, acton, or anything. There's not a single thing I liked about it.

I saw the 1st 3 episodes of Fist of the North Star and it was an automatic hate it. Strangely enough, I love the movies and the new game for some reason.

With Bleach, it's a love/hate thing for me. I love the oringinal story episodes, but absolutely hate the fillers. It's like the fillers are trying their hardest to piss me off lol. The actual story episodes make this my favorite ongoing anime by far, seriously everthing else needs to change or stop. The movies were okay. I survived them, but ... meh. I still watch for the main story though. I'm watching it in subs at right now up to date.

I gave up and lost complete interest in Naruto. I'm not sure what the main reason is really. And yes I am a survivor of the giant, infamous Naruto fillers. After that, I felt like I went to hell and back. This anime would have been so much better (for my tastes) if they had stopped calling themselves "ninja" or "shinobi", as there is pretty much no resemblence to ANY of the Naruto characters and ninja. I have a deep respect towards Japanese culture, history and martial arts, however Naruto basically wiped itself with that. I do understand most people don't care about things like that, but that's how I am.

I can't stand Inuyasha. The action, and story was all repetitious. Every episode felt the same whenever I saw it on Adult Swim, and don't mind a bit of romance to set the story a little, but after that ... no. Just no. I'm not into romance animes.

The following animes were too imature or childish for me:

Bobobo bobo (or something like that idk) - seriously deserves its death

Pokemon - it was cool ... when I was 6 or 7

Yugioh - No. Just die already.

Shinchan - Hell no!

Zatch Bell - Rest in peace. I pray that it may never come back.

Dragon Ball is the first one to come to mind. At first I liked it but after 5+ episodes it couldn't keep my attention, I think it is because of how repetitive it was and/or because of the lack of Comedy in later episodes. I like to laugh if it doesn’t make me laugh much I loss interest no question about it.

One Piece, like for a lot of people here. It's just too long to catch up and I really don't see how I would get into it at all. Maybe it's just me being lazy to try a longer series.

Naruto Shippuden also because, other than the fact that it's really long, I am not such a big fan, although I may give it a chance sooner or later.

I really couldn't get into My Bride is a Mermaid. That non-stop "humor" (WTF?! starting to get worried for my sense of humour. >_<) really killed this anime for me. The only time when i released sth that vagually resembled a laugh was with the first cat appearance. The only reason i checked it out was because of all those 10/10 ratings it got on MAL. And there are unbelievably lot of them. o.O I am still on 3/4 episodes till the end, but i didn't like what i saw till now, and even if the ending turns out to be REALLY good it still wouldn't change my opinion of this anime much.

I was put off by DBZ because of the story's concept I guess, and I never went back to give it a second chance - and probably never will.

Fullmetal Alchemist - the concept of alchemy is what intrigues, much lesser so the actual characters and whatnot - but to some extent yes I do like it, just not as much as I used to.

Popular animes I don't like? It's hard to say or name a series considering I don't quite often follow popular mainstream material. It's so interesting that a lot of people here (considering since only a handful of people, from my high school, know about it) are into Darker Than Black, which is amazing because I thought the animation style and plot (what little of it at least that tied up in the end of the first season) was amazing.