What popular anime do you not like and for what reason?

ParasiteEve

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neon Genesis Evangelion-I found the whole series so bizzare,surreal and perplexing,just generally impossible to understand,that I found no enjoyment in watching both the series and the subsequent movie.I also found it quite depressing to watch due to the absence of any some-what likely characters (even though the cast of generally damaged and deeply flawed indivuals was a break from the over the top and cliched characters present in some series,I just found myself empathsizing and sympathsizing with them,which in turn just made the entire series so depressing).I also really hated the last two episodes.The previous episode was my favourite of the entire series,which only made the last two episodes that much unbearable.For those who haven't seen the series they basically spend 24 episodes building up those deeply cryptic storyline,which is very hard to understand to begin with.We come to the end of the last two episodes expecting to finally get some answers,when that asshole Anno decides to scrap any form of narrative and ends the series with 2 episodes focused on a psychoanalysis of the main characters.Although I acknowledge that many people liked this ending,it left me feeling both completely abandoned and confused as hell.Then they released The End Of Evangelion,which was basically one part semi-conclusion and one part confusing visual of The Human Instrumentality Project and slight amount of live action footage (yes live action in an anime)which was just as confusing as the original ending.

• 4 months later...