What popular anime do you not like and for what reason?

ParasiteEve

Are my eyes deceiving me?? @_@ I thought it was great! I didn't like Gurren Lagann. I watched just the first five episodes, thought they were pretty boring and now can't make myself finishing it. But I will some day, i didn't drop it! >_< After all, 5 episodes aren't enough to judge an anime.

You should watch up to episode 8 at least before you judge Gurren Lagann, if you don't like it by then, it's probably not for you *weirdo hehe*

I didn't particularly like Code Geass and some of the Gundam Series, simply because they were just boring, although I think if I take my time to understand what's going on I may enjoy it, I only watched a few episodes of each, the only Gundam series I ever completed and enjoyed was Gundam Wing. Oh, and I thought I liked one peice but as I continued to watch it, it just became a bit drawn out and mediocre for me, I dunno why, I really enjoyed the first few episodes,

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should watch up to episode 8 at least before you judge Gurren Lagann, if you don't like it by then, it's probably not for you *weirdo hehe*

I didn't particularly like Code Geass and some of the Gundam Series, simply because they were just boring, although I think if I take my time to understand what's going on I may enjoy it, I only watched a few episodes of each, the only Gundam series I ever completed and enjoyed was Gundam Wing. Oh, and I thought I liked one peice but as I continued to watch it, it just became a bit drawn out and mediocre for me, I dunno why, I really enjoyed the first few episodes,

I was wondering when you would show up... XD Not to worry I'll finish Gurren Lagann this summer, but you should do the same with Code Geass. >_< Boring? I don't think so! Through the whole anime I was sitting at the edge of my chair, the anime was darn awesome! ^.^

Sigh.. I cluelessly took the bait, well played Oblivia..well played.. and I'll most likely finish Code Geass as well, a lot of people have been bugging me recently to watch it and actually pay attention this time and by bugging I mean threatening to stab me if I don't, so I'm assuming it's as good as you say.

Let me start of by saying, I loved Bleach. LOVED IT. Even before it aired in the States, LOVED IT.

Then somehow after the Soul Society arc, my love for Bleach slowly started to die on the inside. I mean, the Soul Society arc had its moments of being crazy boring, but watching Ichigo finally reach Bankai.. it was totally worth it. Then came the Bounts arc. And I slowly died some more. Mainly because it felt like the story came completely off the rails, and by the time they got back to Aizen, I had lost all interest. But it slowly sucked me back in, and Ichigo/Grimmjow confrontation excitement had me again, but then it was over and it was back into the lull, and I just didn't follow it anymore.

Gundam SEED....made me want to rip my eyeballs out and scream until my ears bled. I am a HUGE fan of Gundam. Mostly UC-era ( 0079, 0083, Zeta, Char's Counterattack) and some of the alternate universes ( AC - Gundam Wing, AD - Gundam 00) but I just could not like SEED or SEED Destiny. I dont really consider Destiny a series, since HALF of it felt like a recap/rehash of SEED. The writing was bad, the character development was HORRIBLE and it suffered from the DBZ complex, i.e. every week it seemed that either Kira was invincible and or someone's suit got the Gunpla suit powerup of the week. I never got the sense of "this is war, people are gonna die, and I hope my favorite characters make it through" it was more like " I wish all these people would just die in a fire". I should have known better than to give Destiny a chance, but I figured that it couldn't suck as bad as SEED did. WOW, was I wrong....

There isn't really any popular Anime that I "hate". For the most part if I don't think I'd like it, I don't try watching it to start with. Hence why I've seen 450+ series but only have like 10 or so dropped.

Here is some status on some of the popular shows for me:

Bleach, complete rip off of Yuyu Hakusho and DBZ. The first 63 episodes were awesome though, since then it's just been filler after filler mess. The actual canon is slow paced and just uninteresting.. I've considered dropping it several times but just can't bring myself to do so after watching 270+ episodes now. I'll just continue to hope it can return to how it was, which it will probably never be able to. The fights are lame now, the story is watered down, and it has nothing to do with Shinigami's anymore.. it's just lame 1 on 1 fight after lame 1 on 1 fight.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, really enjoying this one, but I kind of still prefer the original one. This one is lacking the drama and emotional impact.

One Piece, loving it. I tried watching it years ago via that shit they call the 4kids dub. It scarred me away. But I finally managed to try it again years later, and from episode 1 I was hooked. It's miles better than most shonen.

Naruto Shippuuden, at the beginning it was slow paced and chocked full of flash backs. It was just bad. Not to mention the shitty filler arcs. Since around 130 though it has picked up, but while the story is going great now, and the pacing is doing good. The fights are really lacking and lame. Shippuuden fights are boring and have no action to them like the old Naruto fights had. There really isn't much fights that can live up to the Zabuza arc or the Sasuke Retrieval arc of the original series.

• 2 weeks later...

i just couldn't get into naruto, one piece, bleach and inuyasha(dunno about it being popular) coz they were to long and i just couldn't catch up, naruto and inuyasha i lost track of what ep i was up to so i stopped watching and with bleach the filler was so BORING!!!!!!!!! one piece i tried to watch but i didn't get into the storyline much

Are my eyes deceiving me?? @_@ I thought it was great! I didn't like Gurren Lagann. I watched just the first five episodes, thought they were pretty boring and now can't make myself finishing it. But I will some day, i didn't drop it! >_< After all, 5 episodes aren't enough to judge an anime.

i agree with that, how come that people dont like this anime? i have watched both subbed and dubbed episodes and there's no worry about that. i did even finish this anime from episode 1 - 50 in a day (adding R1 + R2) because of it's greatness, just like what i did at deathnote.

well, even though i am watching naruto shippuuden right now (for the first time after 3 years) i still dislike it. i know how good the story it is, but it's just most of the characters have been left behind and the story is only focus at naruto getting stronger and stronger.. i will also add fillers after fillers.. just don't know what the hell is that episode 136 to 220 for? and after that they still include fillers in the wind chronicles.

the second one is bleach.. (i watched the episodes until the end of soul society's arc, episode 65 i think). i never seen the dubbed, but the most thing that i hate is the series of fillers for an anime. specifically fillers that extends from 10 and longer.

true, i love one piece now but the first time i seen it.. i judge it based on it's cover and i really disgust it because of the animation and drawing.. but after i watch and watch certain episodes, i started to appreciate how good it is made (story, character development and the light and humorous feeling it has)

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.

Adding Death Note, Inuyasha (later in the series. When it seemed like it was never going to end), FMA: Brotherhood (just looks terrible in comparison to the original version, like they had half the budget, and then it just moves so freaking fast. It's assuming that we've seen the original version and already know most of the characters and their background, which I don't like.)

true, i love one piece now but the first time i seen it.. i judge it based on it's cover and i really disgust it because of the animation and drawing.. but after i watch and watch certain episodes, i started to appreciate how good it is made (story, character development and the light and humorous feeling it has)

that's really ordinary these days.. just imagine, if you watch episode 1 of one piece and compare it to episode 1 of bleach or naruto... in terms of graphics and animation, one piece does not even stand a match.

that's why we can't judge a book by it's cover :D