What popular anime do you not like and for what reason?

ParasiteEve

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well I dislike bleach because somehow I feel like I've seen this somewhere before and there are very few anime that involves the characters going to school that I actually enjoy one of the few exceptions being inuyasha, also I just don't feel motivated to watch it at all, it looks like one of those anime where the good guy meets the bad guy, there is an unnecesesarily drawn out fight then the good guy lives happily ever after and maybe after a few hundred episodes, there is some kind of tragedy(Of course DBZ to me was the only show that had some of these things but I still enjoyed it, maybe I'm a hypocrite), then there's fillers, I don't mind them, but when they are crappy and annoying I really mind them, there are some shows that do well with the fillers, bleach and naruto don't period, my argument about naruto is pretty much the same, but i still read the manga though, I could continue on and on with my rantings, there's a really big list of complaints I have about these shows but that would take way to long to type and another show I never got into was death note. I dunno why but it just seemed like one big soap opera to me. so yeah, those are a few of my reasons...

Well I have to just say Bleach doesn't have anything to do about them going to school, I mean at the beginning you see them in school often because he is of course a 15 yr old kid in highschool and then things start happening, but it's not like it centers around school where they meet up and chitter chatter gossip bs and join school activities or anything.. after a few episodes it actually strays from school and you really dont get episodes with school anymore except perhaps a few fillers. I like most of the fillers in bleach because they always tend to reveal characteristics and sides to characters you normally wouldn't see otherwise. And actually as you watch on more and more even the fillers after the hueco mundo espada arc the filler arcs after that start to go back to how things came to be and you get a lot of back story which I think is pretty awesome.

Naruto fillers on the otherhand tend to be just random and silly and follow nothing really.

Popular anime I never got into was Dragon Ball Z and all the dragonball series.. I do sometimes watch dragonball z kai,when it might be on and nothing else is on.. or i flip on the tv on saturday morning sleeping in a bit more before work.. dragonball z kai and pokemon black and white come on .. but the characters don't interest me and its too "kiddy"

I really hate when animes do the over exaggerated facial features like you might see in Naruto and Bleach.. but to be honest the stories with naruto and bleach .. the love you build for the characters and their determination and unwavering sense of justice is enough for me to overlook that.

Actually I avoided naruto and bleach for the longest time BECAUSE OF THAT OVER EXAGGERATED-ness.

examples

23EBC4E22777A89CBE9B6F_Large.jpg

F23B1B4E976A66539A9015_Large.jpg

I don't like pokemon(the show) because it bores me, but i like the pokemon little pokemon monsters, if that makes any sense..

I loved Naruto in the early times where it was about forming an intelligent 'ninja' plan. Now it's all about powers and getting stronger. booooooo!

However, I still like it, and want to see where it goes, even though the story is progressing at a snail's pace. One episode a week is not like it's wasting too much time.

Bleach, solely for the placement of the fillers, not the fillers themselves, if they'd occur between Story arc I'd have no complaints.

FLCL, I just can't get into it, it's pure randomness & stupidity

Bobobo Bobo Bobobo, same reason as FLCL

Yet oddly I like Shin Chan.

Anything by 4Kids, it's too edited.

BTW: has FUNimation remade the 4Kids episodes of One Piece?