What popular anime do you not like and for what reason?

ParasiteEve

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the merits of One Piece and I'm not going to say that it's a terrible show, but to me it just looks like a long annoying mess. The character designs get stranger and stranger with villains being drawn like weird cartoon characters from disney. The premise is sound, but it seems to have gone on forever. Wasn't the show about treasure or something? I dunno, from what I hear the plot has gotten really convoluted for no reason.

Naruto. I never really got why it deserved all the hype. I only watched one episode and I know that that one episode doesn't really reflect what the whole series is about but I always know from the first episode of an anime if I'll actually like it or if I won't.

I never really got into One Piece either, the main character kind of annoys me too.

• 3 weeks later...

Im shocked that Code Geass is so well respected, because objectively, it wasn't very good. I can understand why some people might enjoy the series, but it's high rating places it up there with the greats. I felt that the dialogue was very messy and extremely cheesy, the character interactions were incredibly unbelievable, and the plot was sub par. For a lack of better explanation, it lacked grace to me and seemed cheap.