How was your day today?

Emotional Outlet

Hey guys remember this!?!?!?!

Weeeeell I gave it another go this semester.  Had the ITD Help Desk interview today (no word on other prospects).  It was pretty much the same as last semester, but there were two guys this time around interviewing me.

I felt like I did really well, and probably better than last semester.  I'll keep you guys in the loopdloop on the situation.  I WILL GET IT THIS TIME!!!

I GOT IT!!!!! tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow.gif

I didn't have any finals today so I was sleeping in. At around 9am I was abruptly woken up by my cellphone. In a half awake state I looked at the number and saw it was one that wasn't in my contacts. I was like oh boy this could... This could be the call I've been waiting for!!! And it was! I go in Monday and I'll be bringing SSC, drivers license, and routing number for the moolah deposits. Not sure if I'll be specifically with the 24/7 help desk or some other computer department. I'll find out Monday I hope. :) :) :)

• Like 1

I got new shoes today.

tumblr_mmhu84V9kR1ru9j78o1_1280.jpg

They are kawaii and dangerous. ouo

I had some money left on my Shoedazzle account before I cancelled my membership, so I spent it on some sweet shoes.

Anyway, today was pretty good. Shelved a bunch of book. Apparently the number of volunteers they have to spare are dwindling, so there's been a lot more pressure on the remaining ones to do a bunch of work. Like yesterday I managed to put away an entire cart and a shelf off another one of DVDs. The cart is still pretty full.

Today I shelved YA and it was terrible. The spacing on the shelves were all messed up, so I spent most of my morning rearranging the entire YA section so I could actually shelve books. I managed to get through over half the entire section before noon, so either there will be another volunteer who will finish my job (unlikely) or I will have to finish it tomorrow.

• Like 3

I got new shoes today.

tumblr_mmhu84V9kR1ru9j78o1_1280.jpg

They are kawaii and dangerous. ouo

I had some money left on my Shoedazzle account before I cancelled my membership, so I spent it on some sweet shoes.

Anyway, today was pretty good. Shelved a bunch of book. Apparently the number of volunteers they have to spare are dwindling, so there's been a lot more pressure on the remaining ones to do a bunch of work. Like yesterday I managed to put away an entire cart and a shelf off another one of DVDs. The cart is still pretty full.

Today I shelved YA and it was terrible. The spacing on the shelves were all messed up, so I spent most of my morning rearranging the entire YA section so I could actually shelve books. I managed to get through over half the entire section before noon, so either there will be another volunteer who will finish my job (unlikely) or I will have to finish it tomorrow.

Your shoes remind me of Rammus from League of Legends. : 3

Rammus.jpg

Edited by Zanco

I've been having a really good day today, I woke up and got straight to doing my work. I played League but didn't get mad, even when I was losing pretty badly. I found out about the Florida Supercon, that I am going to.~ Also, to top it all off I found a titanic load of indie games that you gotta download from third party websites to review for my friend and my you tube channel. Life is good. : 3

• Like 1

Didn't do a whole lot today at the library except organise some DVDs that will probably get messed up over the weekend. I don't think any of the other volunteers care about the DVDs being in order and I want to punch them.

Yesterday I made about 400 paper ladybugs with a paper puncher. Basically the die had a rubber side with blades embedded in the rubber, and when you put the die in with the paper underneath and pull the lever, it pushes the blades into the paper. Then you can push the die out and have perfectly cut pieces of paper.

I did this a lot and finished in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I don't think they were expecting me to finish, haha. So I spent the rest of the morning clearing out interoffice envelopes.

The librarian said I should get my own pizza party for being such a good volunteer. tumblr_m2jtw0EIxi1qdlkyg.gif

Today was graduation day for spring 2013.  One of my friends was graduating and we went to the restaurant she worked at to party and stuff.  

It was all fine and dandy, but I gotta tell you this one thing that happened.  One of my other friends was there with her sister.  Haven't met her before.  She was like how old do you think she is?  I was like hmmm.  I said 17.  Nope!  She was 14!!!!!!!  Yeah that's right, still in middle school.  They look like twins to be honest.  Now the bad part is that I actually think the 14 year old looks more attractive than the 20 year old.  She's even more well endowed than her older sister.

Going to jail bai guys.

• Like 3

Only 1-2am here in Ohio. Already started off the day by going to Kroger's and buying myself $10 worth of desserts. 

Copied from my facebook:

Mint Choco Chip Ice Cream, Butter Pecan Ice Cream, 4lbs of Bananas, $5 worth of Strawberries, Yellow Cake Mix, Vanilla Icing, and Caramel Syrup. And I only spent $10. Haha! ;D

Edited by Kasoivc

Hm what a day. So today was my first day of work. I will be a part of the ITD help desk. I did my forms and stuff and then listened and watched and trained. I thought I was going to work from 8am-12pm. Lol I was wrong. Worked from 8am-4:30pm. So mentally I wasn't prepared to work so long on my first day. I'll only be working like this through Thursday. Then next week I'll be working on a 20hr. schedule.

Yeah though today was tough. My boss had a meeting to go to in the middle of the day (until the end of the day lol) so I had to get trained by one of the regular kids. We didn't really train a whole lot. I figured I might as well jump in there and start taking calls. Lol like so many of the calls I would be talking to the person and then I'd be like ummm one moment please. I would would then talk to my co worker and ask what to do. So basically I dreaded every moment today in between phone calls because I didn't want the phone to ring again.

The thing I don't like so far is that there is soooo much to this job. We are expected to help with every call whether it's about computers or not. There's so many ways we can help people and all of these steps. I'm not a fast learner and I'm worried I won't learn it all.

Aww, you'll be okay!! It gets easier.

I had to do a lot of phone jockeying when I was in the military, especially during swing and mid shift hours, when people would be calling for all kinds of random stuff. When I first got to the squadron, I didn't want nothing to do with the phone. After a while I was able to answer it properly and actually get people answers instead of desperately throwing it at the nearest sergeant, haha.

On weekends I had to work for scheduling, so I had to call this other base, get the mission schedules (I built a pretty good rapport with the airman on the other side of that phone), update the phone hotline to reflect this schedule (I had to talk a mile a minute to get it recorded on time) and email the entire squadron the schedule. Good times.

I had a really chill day! I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 3am then rped with friends on skype til 5, then fell asleep and woke up at 10:30 or so. My dad gave me a small speech but I didn't really care and he didn't seem too mad, which was great. I lurked tumblr and posted on forums and generally had a good day.

And a hour ago my mouth hurt a lot so i took a couple codiene and i'm higher than a motherfucker atm ^n ^

My day was alright, woke up an hour earlier then I wanted to so I got to talk to some pplz on fb i dont usually speak to til late at night and then i went to class and was BORED OUT OF MY MIND from how easy it is, that and the teacher speaks more about religion then computers and today siad we had to imagine we were japanese to act like them when solving a problem which the way he put it sounded racist! Then i got takeaway for lunch, came home and thoroughly gorged myself before getting on here and now im here! Yup still here.... Well thats al!