How was your day today?

Emotional Outlet

My focus will be gone at 2 lol.

I'm basically asleep by noon when I get out of the library, haha. Everything after that is me on autopilot.

Today was pretty good except for the part where it's sweltering. It was already in the mid-70s by the time I was walking to the library, and now it's in the lower 80s. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die. It's been hot all week, and it's supposed to rain this weekend, which means it's either going to cool down (oh god please) or it's going to be gross and muggy and I'm going to hate life.

(I was in the military and am well aware of how blessed I am that I can face this weather in a single shirt and a pair of jeans instead of a uniform and 100 pounds of gear that I can't remove to even wipe my brow, nor am I ignorant of the fact that other parts of the world are much hotter than 80F in the shade at two in the morning. I acknowledge my privilege. Please save your "you think that's bad, it was 145F today and my shoes melted to the ground and then I fried my entire breakfast on the sidewalk" or "it's always 500000000 degrees out here, I don't know what you're complaining about" one-upping for another time.)

Not to mention that between the heat and constant street harassment that's been happening lately not only to me but other women on the sidewalk (I've been venting about it on my Facebook), I just do not have the patience for bullshit right now.

Other than that, the library was pretty mellow. Did all my normal stuff--put away the fiction audio books, media tie-ins, DVDs, children's DVDs, and all the books on the new cart. One of the volunteers seems to be putting stuff one the back shelf of the media tie-in cart, which is really dumb because it's a messy way of doing it and it just looks like you're moving stuff around without actually putting it away. No one was able to adhere to my process of putting duplicate books (and there are a ton of duplicates) on that shelf to free up space, so I just don't use that back shelf.

I'm also in the process of backing up some stuff from my desktop because it's been acting like it wants to explode, so I'm doing it while the getting's good. It's either a problem with the cable or the hard drive or possibly demon possession, but Java hasn't had enough time to sit down and really mess with it.

Shitty day is shitty. 

Woke up early, got ready for school, did math work review for my test, took the test, had a brain fart that did not allow me to remember how to do one of the problems, spent too long actually taking the test, accidentally  knocked over something at the front desk where this really cute girl just happened to be working, had a nice walk home in the heat, and just to add injury to insult, I coughed up some blood when I got home. Have a quiz later to do today and an essay due Thursday. 

buuuuuuuut, considering how I feel right now on this glorious day, I say fuck all that noise, i'm gonna eat junk food, play games, watch some comedians do what they do best, and hope I can fall asleep tonight without feeling like crap. :D 

It's only 1am and my day is already motherfucking ruined.  So my friend in California [yep, the one with feels from the thread in the adult section again] and I have been planning out a way for me to move there since last December, and now she has nowhere for me to be when I get there so apparently I'm the bad guy for being seriously worried about where the fuck I'm going to go when I get there.  I mentioned that she could move here and idk have things generally better but instead of bringing up that she doesn't want to move to Georgia [which is totally valid], she instead brings up this goddamn con that she's been planning to go to since March like what I say isn't even motherfucking important.

I'm just

really done

at this point

and tomorrow I'll have to deal with my parents shaming me over it not working out

I'll be trapped here even longer

because my driving motivation to leave has now just gone

I don't even know what I'm going to do

I think the driving motivations should be getting out of there no matter what... Based on what I've heard from you about your home life, that would be the best thing for you.

My day ended on a high note. got a big hug from an old patient who remembered me from when he had his tonsils taken out. This time he was in the waiting room for the maternity ward waiting for his little sister to be born. It was adorable, he had all sorts of questions, and finally wanted to know if I was helping his mommy because I was apparently "The bestest nurse ever."

Snow would be a blessing after this heat, haha.

Sorry about the blood, Logan! Is it really dry out there or are you sick? It's been mega dry out here. u-u

Loki Pinkie (need some time to get used to that, haha), we can drive down to Georgia and you can come live with us in Maryland~

That's really cute, Mute! I love it when the kids recognise me, haha. There's a little girl who doesn't speak English very well, but she recognises me as the one who helped her play on the computer, and she gets all flustered and shy when she tries to say hello to me. Bless her tiny little heart, haha.

It always brings a smile to my face when things like that happen. I always have this little voice in my head telling me I'm not doing enough and other things like that... and then the kids come in and make that voice go away. It's a wonderful feeling. I know I'm not perfect, but it's hard to argue with results.

Currently waiting for the sun to come out and play so I can go help the nice lady across the street clean up the canal bank behind her fence. Today is gonna be an awesome day.

Sorry about the blood, Logan! Is it really dry out there or are you sick? It's been mega dry out here. u-u

Meh, I honestly don't consider it much of a normal day for me unless I get hurt in some way, be it some injury or blood loss. 

I don't think i'm sick, I was a few weeks ago but that seems to have finally passed. 

The temperature is just getting a bit warmer again but in southern California that's an all too common occurrence. I wish it was more cloudy around here but instead this place barely gets rain, with summer temperatures not uncommon in the spring.  The walk home from my college isn't that far but it does take a little time and when there is barely any shade anywhere along the route I walk home, it's easy for me to overheat. 

It's only 1am and my day is already motherfucking ruined.  So my friend in California [yep, the one with feels from the thread in the adult section again] and I have been planning out a way for me to move there since last December, and now she has nowhere for me to be when I get there so apparently I'm the bad guy for being seriously worried about where the fuck I'm going to go when I get there.  I mentioned that she could move here and idk have things generally better but instead of bringing up that she doesn't want to move to Georgia [which is totally valid], she instead brings up this goddamn con that she's been planning to go to since March like what I say isn't even motherfucking important.

I'm just

really done

at this point

and tomorrow I'll have to deal with my parents shaming me over it not working out

I'll be trapped here even longer

because my driving motivation to leave has now just gone

I don't even know what I'm going to do

I don't know anything about your situation but I really do hope that things in your life improve, and improve soon. 

Fine, I guess. Storming here, and me being a weather junkie, I loved it. :P

Storms are lovely weather, it's meant to rain here over the next few days, 90% chance of it apparentely so im waiting on it lol

I wonder if you love close then.

I'm in Indiana.

No I don't love close haha, I live in Aus so not close at all haha

Oh ye, yesterday while I was messing with the DVDs (they seem to have multiplied and they were crammed in so tight that the screws on the sides of the shelves were tearing through the cases), I overheard one of the librarians talk about file types with one of the customers. She like, "Okay, it looks like your problem is that it's a .WMA, but I don't know what that is. You need .MP3." She pronounced each one slowly and carefully.

In my head I was like, "I CAN TELL YOU THINGS!!! AUDIO BOOKS!!! EREADERS!!! I KNOW THINGS!!!" But that would have gotten me like a billion neckbeard points to just jump in and be like, "Well, actually", so I just didn't say anything.

• Like 2

The only device that I know of that can play MP3s but not WMAs is an ipod... and Itunes would convert the WMAs to the proper format before adding them to it anyway... Or it would just not add them. Either way!

I had a lazy day.Other than doing a load of laundry so I'd have something to wear the rest of the week, I haven't done shit.

I don't really know what the mechanics of borrowing ebooks and other downloadable media are, because converting files definitely isn't a big deal, but it wouldn't surprise me if the process of borrowing a downloadable audio book from the library was stupid as hell, considering how little she seemed to understand about it.

The customer did later talk about getting it from iTunes and giving up on whatever it was they were trying to do in the first place, which is why I didn't bother jumping in (in addition to the whole neckbeard thing), haha.