How was your day today?

Emotional Outlet

I woke up extremely later and got yelled at by my dad n_n   Apparently I planned on sleeping until 2pm because I give zero fucks about anything, I cain't wait to leave this place, and I think the house is a hotel.  And saying that it's not true gets the "don't give me an attitude" speech.  So now I'm in a position where no matter what I do, I lose.  Dude.  The last time I woke up this late,  I was really sick.  And now I can't even gte something to eat rn because my dad was like ~i don't want to deal with you right now~ and made me go back upstairs.  He's a shining example of dickholery tbh.

Yesterday, I put together the grill by myself and my stepmom was like "lol anyone can do that just read the instructions" and I thought that was just cruelly rude because tht shit took three hours and a ton of motherfucking tiny screws.  And she wondered why I was mad at her :I

• Like 1

If it was all really that simple, no one would ever have troubles assembling anything, whether it's an IKEA chair or a grill, and I've seen both fail spectacularly, irrespective of how capable the builder was.

That sucks he's acting like that, though. He should have probably left the house for a bit if he doesn't want to see you so much to the point that you can't just grab something and go, unless he's real keen on pulling some Rapunzel stuff and keeping you locked upstairs.

• Like 1

My day started off spectactularly, seeing as I was an hour late for work this morning. It's my own fault for not checking the schedule though, I guess. And I am so sick of this place. Just like, every little thing is getting on my nerves now.

EDIT: Not to mention, I got a memo about having unapproved overtime last week. 1.) I was scheduled for 44 hours last week and was lucky to get it down to 42. 2.) Nobody was willing help me by taking a couple of my hours.

SO YOU CAN BITE ME, MANAGER LADY, BECAUSE I AM DONE.

Edited by poetictragedy

I got yelled at for having overtime once... Last week actually. I just pointed at the schedule and said calmly. "If I had a day off, I wouldn't get overtime."

Boss man got all :o faced, and told me to pick a day to have off. For now, that is Wednesday. because that is also the day Sarah has off, and we will make it our new date night.

My day has been interesting. Woke up early, checked on yahoo comments, slapped a few homophobic arguments down, then went and had breakfast.

What the actual fuck, that's stupid. They scheduled you for those hours? And then slapped you on the hand for working the hours you were scheduled?? Even though you tried to fix the situation that they created???

And thennn, I was looking at my schedule for next week, and I'm scheduled for 45.5 hours. What the actual fuck.

I told the manager though, and she had me switch some shifts here and there. But seriously. Stop it. 

That's bordering on weapons-grade stupidity.

Today I put up some children's DVDs and media tie-in books, as well as did some organisation with the regular DVDs. I guess some of the old volunteers are leaving and new volunteers are coming in, which means they'll need me to tidy up more often. Still not feeling 100%, but it was enough to get me through the day. At least it was better than yesterday, where every noise made me feel like drilling a hole in my head would be preferable.

The librarian said that most of their regular volunteers tend to end up getting sick like this for like three weeks at a time, so I guess it finally caught up with me.

Today was pretty intense.  So as many of you guys probably know, I've been looking for a job (not too seriously, but if there's anything good I'll bite).  Well I saw there was an IT internship available with Bridgestone and applied.  I got an email back a few days later wanting to set up and interview, and had it today.  I won't go into it much because I'd be rambling on forever and I already did that with my parents, but yeah, it was pretty intense.  It was a panel interview with 4 people asking questions at the same time.  The biggest interview I've ever done was just 2 people.  I felt I answered the questions to the best of my ability. The thing is though, the atmosphere.  It just felt very solemn and not very friendly in the interview room. Most of the interviews I've had have been really upbeat with the interviewers seeming really engaged and happy.  I think they may have been like that on purpose. You know.  Trying to get the noob nervous and such.  I don't know though. If I get the job I might have a hard time scheduling classes since I'll be working during normal business hours.  Guess I'll start taking night classes.  So yeah.  I find out some time in April if I got it or not.

Oooooh and I almost forgot!!!  I still have my cold! D: So like my head was hurting and everything while I was talking.  Of all the times to be sick... #smh *throws eggs at EO* *saves one egg to eat tonight*.

Edited by lolrawr

Well, at least you didn't have to be up against a panel and also have to maintain military bearing, haha. I always refused to do those boards when I was in the JROTC, refused to do them in basic, and continued to refuse to do them when I was operational.

Hopefully you did well, though!

I hope you're full of so much snot, you don't even know.

Today I didn't much except flit about like normal. When Java came home in the afternoon, we went back to the library to drop off some books. We went right when someone was out there emptying the bins, so we had this awkward exchange where Java pulled up between the two bins (and I'm pretty short, so I'd have to get out of the car to get to either of them). I ended up fumbling around long enough that the person finally came up to the window and took the books.

Glory be that I volunteer in the morning and I'm the only sucker there, otherwise I'd have to see these people again and I would have to live with the knowledge that people in real life know how totally lame and awkward I am.

Anyway, after that we went grocery shopping and we discovered that our roommate mistakenly ate my leftover dinner from last night. I apparently ate so little of it that it looked untouched.

I also had this conversation.

[14:13] AT: nietzche was an emo goth kid until he died

[14:13] AT: at least I like to think so

[14:13] AT: fuck I forgot an s

[14:14] AT: I was like "damn did I really spell that dude's name right on the first try"

[14:14] AT: I didn't

[14:51] AG: I can't spell anything right on the first try

E'ry day I'm hustling.

Today I shelved some CDs and all the DVDs in the world. There was another volunteer there today who I guess was absent for a while and recently came back, so they ended up doing the media tie-ins.

I realise that they've been away for a while and very likely have never shelved the media tie-ins before, and the books are quite absurd because they're like six pages long and there's eight billion of them, but that's really no excuse for shelving them like a complete maniac. They weren't even fronted (where the edges of the books are lined up with the edge of the shelf), and you don't need to be a master of organising children's books to be able to do something as simple as that. They also put books at the back of the cart next to the bookshelf, which is completely stupid, why would you do that.

And to do such a poor job in the space of two hours! That is just insult to injury. Granted, I can forgive the time because, again, they probably have never done it before, but come on. You don't need to know anything to make sure things line up okay and are in alphabetical order.

I am deeply offended!!!

(not really, just annoyed)

I took my big-ass final written exam at work this morning. It was so long, it took five fucking hours. I was brain-dead and pretty much useless after that, but it's all good because I PASSED!!! I needed an 80%. I scored a 90%. But seriously, FIVE HOURS?!?!? So with that out the way, I can move on with the end of CDS training.

Just two weeks left. Tomorrow I begin my practical exam, or as we call it, my "Competency". I will be issued 10 unknown samples, and I will have to analyze them like I would in a real case. Each and every sample has to be identified with 100% accuracy. I'm pretty terrified.

I mean, shit, I went through all this back in Marijuana training like a year and a half ago, but that wasn't nearly as rough as CDS training. Marijuana training only took 7 weeks, as opposed to the 6 months that I've been in CDS training, and I'm pretty sure the Marijuana exam only took a couple of hours, as opposed to 5. And that Competency wasn't so bad, because they were either marijuana or not. Now the answers could be ANYTHING.

After that, the last thing will be Moot Court, a mock trial where I have to play pretend and testify for a fake case. I'm not so worried about that. You have to do awful to fail it, and I did pretty good at my Marijuana moot court way back when. Plus, I've testified for reals three times since then. So I'm good there.

Oh yeah, an update from the last time I posted in this thread. It's official. I got my permanent position. Nothing's really changed, just now I'm not temporary. And in two weeks, I should be able to work all CDS cases and not just Marijuana cases. Woo hoo.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Yay! Hopefully you do well on your competency, I'm sure you'll do great.

Five hour test sounds pretty awful, though. Longest tests I took have to be DLPTs--they're three hours each with a single break midway, and you have to do it two days in a row (one for reading and another listening). It's still no five hours in a single sitting, haha.

Yesterday was pretty meh as most of my days tend to be, but I did find this site so...score?

Today on the other hand, total lack of sleep, woke up early, felt like crap, got ready for class, went in to do math stuff at 8 am, walked home, stumbled and fell down on the sidewalk, and because there are just so many morons breaking the windows of the cars parked around there, I fell on some broken car window glass, so I got home with blood dripping down my arm, oh the looks I got from people. xD