How was your day today?

Emotional Outlet

I was off today, so I basically laid around and did nothing all day while I tried to not think about my CDS Competency, which I'm almost finished but I'm dreading turning it in, even though it will be a big relief once it's done. My stomach has been hurting for way too long now. I think I ate too much chips and salsa for lunch. Toy Story just played, so of course I watched it. Then I started thinking about other things from my childhood and then I started having those wonderful yet painful feels of nostalgia.

It was kind of busy. I had to go to the theater at 10am for a meeting, then had rehearsal until 4pm. I came home, then went out for dinner with the fam for my mom's birthday. Everything was going really well until we got a call from my aunt, who's basically my second mom, telling us that she's in the hospital, and is going to have a pacemaker placed tomorrow. :/

We went to the grocery store to the use the Coinstar and buy some ice cream, but then it turned out the machine was broken so we went back out to the car. On the way back, we saw a truck back out of a spot, cut a hard right, and smack right into the truck next to it. I exclaimed and we sat in the car for a minute.

The driver stepped out of the vehicle after re-positioning the truck back into the parking space. Then they got out of the driver's seat, walked around the truck, and got into the backseat on the passenger side. A few moments later, two people came out of the grocery store and got into the truck.

Then they drove away.

We were in a position to grab their license plate while all this happened, so we took it down before the other two people even showed up in case the driver was asshole enough not to leave a note with contact information after hitting this person's vehicle. Before heading into the grocery store to talk to a manager about it, we checked the truck in case they left a note and we didn't see it (they didn't). The truck that was hit ended up belonging to one of the associates at the store (his name is George and he's old and works in dairy).

We were really annoyed all that happened. The damage wasn't even major, maybe a couple hundred for paint and to get it straightened out. Just the fact that they just up and left without even trying to do the right thing. Ugh.

I got pulled in for another kid's class today. Collected some toys, passed out toys, collected toys again, did a head count, and stamped all the tiny hands with a spider stamp. I had a little follower who was intent on keeping pace with me as I wandered the room and navigated over tiny fingers and toes. It was cute, kids are cool.

Later when I was cleaning up in the baby play area, there was a kid hanging out with the rocking horse. He said it was his motorcycle. I asked him if his motorcycle goes fast. Then he said that it's a horse, so I said okay. He said that it can change into a motorcycle. I said that's a pretty cool horse.

Then he dragged the rocking horse to his mom and insisted that she pet the horse. She did not want to pet the horse. He was insistent that she pet. The. Horse.

• Like 1

Aw I was totally going to post what I did on Saturday. Somehow it has slipped my mind these 3 days.  Well since it's come and gone I guess I'll just say that I did some team building things with people in my club at school. It was very fun. I had best balance.  It was all outside. I got slight sunburn. I was tired rest of day. There.

Sooo I guess I gotta talk about today.  Well in psychology class today I participated in one of those relaxation exercises.  It's one of those things where they say, "You're arm is heavy... Breath in and breath out."  It really didn't do much for me lol.  It did do something for my friend.  She was like I feel awesome. I was like really??? So I guess it depends on each person or how stressed they are.  We took a test on how stressed we were, and I wasn't stressed that much, but she was.

Today is a down day, but a couple days ago I slipped in the shower and basically died. I have a wicked bruise on my hip, a bruise on my thigh, a bruise on my knee, and a bruise on my chin. I think I also stressed some muscles in my legs in the process because, you know, whatever.

Also moving fifty billion magazines was kind of rough (not to mention I had so much ink my hands, oh my god), so I have lots of joy to look forward to at the library next week since I'm not even a quarter done with that list. Apparently I am the first person to deal with the massive backlog of magazines in over a year. I assume they just donate/sell the old issues, so at least they won't really have to worry about moving/storing them during renovations.

How do you lose energy drinks? I mean... One missing I could see... but more? Most people would notice that much weight not being in the bag anymore...

I'm not a fan of most energy drinks. They just don't taste right... I do enjoy the new Mountain Dew Kickstarts though. Especially the Orange Citrus flavor.

My day has been fun so far. Been getting into a series of lively debates on Yahoo. Soon will be going to a birthday party, and then going to work from there.

Energy drinks smell funny to me. The way I manged to keep from passing out on my keyboard while on mids was to eat all the sunflower seeds the world had to offer. While everyone else was building skyscrapers with cans of Monster and Rock Star, I was slowly eliminating all evidence of the sunflower from the universe. My coworkers always said I would succumb and at least become a coffee drinker, but they never managed to convert me. u w u

Felt like groundhog day at work.

I've been working every day this week 11+ hours mon-fri and saturday 5 hrs but atleast tomorrow is double time which I think I can do a lot of hours but I think I'll stick to 5 hrs as I wont have a day off in next 6 weeks if overtime continues the way it is. Oh well, Beats looking at 4 walls and thinking wtf should I do today then be bored within an hour