Final Fantasy VII Remake

BanBlade

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13-2 is really a chance to for square to really go for something new and improved. Hopefully they'll take the opportunity and really pull an amazing game out of Final Fantasy 13 (I can live in hope anyway xD)

That is their problem. They keep trying to change something that wasn't broken and in the process broke it. They do not need to re-invent the wheel with every major Final Fantasy title. Quit trying to make a CG movie, quit trying to turn it into a MMO. Give us the good old fashioned open world and turn-based battle system.

You can easily come up with new things to do with it, so don't give us excuse. Nautilus made an excellent addition to turn-based battle with 'The Judgment Ring' of Shadow Hearts.

That is their problem. They keep trying to change something that wasn't broken and in the process broke it. They do not need to re-invent the wheel with every major Final Fantasy title. Quit trying to make a CG movie, quit trying to turn it into a MMO. Give us the good old fashioned open world and turn-based battle system.

You can easily come up with new things to do with it, so don't give us excuse. Nautilus made an excellent addition to turn-based battle with 'The Judgment Ring' of Shadow Hearts.

Have to agree with Koby here, don't fix something that aint broke!

The turn based battle system in FFVII was flawless in my opinion. Dont think i could bring myself to play an FFVII remake if they changed the battle system in any way.

Well, I'm welcome to the idea, as long as they don't change too much. Could they make the same game just with awesome graphics and minor bug-fixin'? Better graphics might reel in newer gamers who are too used to what games look like nowadays to not be turned off by 7's looks. The more people who get into something, the better, right, even if it is old? It's a shame when a game is overlooked because it is too old to look good by today's standards.

I think a remake would be great! Only if they add both Zachs and Clouds stories into the one though. like with AC (assassinations creed) you start off as Zach do a quick go though the last part when he dies then get into cloud... have the occasional flash back as Cloud following Zach around and such, that would be fun.

i hope they make it a little like something mae said once -

that you start off playing as Zack for a while and then you get control of Cloud.

So you partly agree with that Iki? *faints* OMG! the world will end!!!! ^.^

• 2 weeks later...
i hope they make it a little like something mae said once -

that you start off playing as Zack for a while and then you get control of Cloud.

I think that might ruin part of the story later on for newcomers. Maybe they could add it on as something to afterwards? Or just point you at Crisis Core.

What I mean by my origional comment was, you start playing in the past as Zack, then after a little bit of time as zack you switch to Cloud... and keep switching back and forth sort of thing... something like a past memory or such... you are playing as Zach, but he looks liek could... if you understand what I mean...

What I mean by my origional comment was, you start playing in the past as Zack, then after a little bit of time as zack you switch to Cloud... and keep switching back and forth sort of thing... something like a past memory or such... you are playing as Zach, but he looks liek could... if you understand what I mean...

I know what you mean, I still think it might ruin the story considering your not supposed to even know Zack exists at all untill later in the story.

You can already get atleast VII and VIII (Maybe IX too? Havn't seen it) on PSN to use on PSP or PS3, so I wouldn't think they would put remakes of those 3 on a handheld. I agree that it would be blasphemy.