Final Fantasy VII Remake

BanBlade

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors go back and forth on whether Square Enix is going to do it or not, but Square Enix has stayed pretty firm on the answer of "not right now, but maybe in the future". So they have never actually used the words "never"... it's just always been "no plans as of yet". With how much demand there is and with Square Enix leading fans on by not giving a definite no and then displaying a demo trailer showing what they could do with Final Fantasy VII, all I can say is we will definitely eventually see a remake. It's just the "when" that is unknown.

Recently Square Enix of Japan posted a twitter asking fans what they thought of remakes or sequels to Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX which had a great fan-base replies which prompted Square to make note. So it seems they are also questioning the options of doing 8 and 9 remakes. You know Square Enix has to try and milk the franchise with as many ports, remakes, and sequels as possible. =P

I really hope they do 7 and 8 gotta say those where my 2 favs it seems they would i imagine it would sell out first day

My top two favorite Final Fantasy games are Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IX. I'd really like to see them remake both. Yeah they remade Final Fantasy IV not long ago, but they did it for the lame Nintendo DS. Not that the Nintendo DS sucks, I've just grown tired of hand-helds and only play consoles now. So I'd like to see a home-console remake of Final Fantasy IV. xD

Although I don't like how Square has been milking the franchise as of late, I'd still like to see remakes done of at least FF 4, FF 6, FF7, FF8, and FF9. I think remakes for them would be better than a million sequels to FF 7 and FF 13, and all the crappy spin offs like Crystal Chronicles, etc.

lil+will+00.png I say we should have a big list of all the people who want it done. Then send them Square Enix it. Maybe that we'll help them do some of these remakes since they will see how many people actually will be buying it. Since the only thing people care about is money$$$$$$

I don't really know if I would want a remake of VII.

It's my favourite in the series and everything. But square Enix seems like it's focusing more on making movies disguised as games these days.

Not to mention I think besides the dated graphics FFVII was as good as it could possibly get already.

I don't think it's gonna happen anymore now, but yah it would be awesome.

We will definitely eventually see a remake. It's just the "when" that is unknown. Square-Enix themselves have already shown interest, and also talking about remakes or sequels to FF8 and FF9. If you would have read previous posts before posting.

I did see the posts, but they didn't have any sources linked so I didn't trust them.

Dude this forum is also part of my site Forgotten Memories, which has reliable info and news, and at one time one of the top 5 biggest/most active FF related fansites, though it hasn't been actively updated in years. Square Enix of Japan and North America both personally contact me via email to give the latest news on a monthly basis. They have also contacted me in the past to help hold competitions where they themselves would hand out the prices to the winners via mail. So anything we say you can believe to be true. What I've posted before was directly translated from what they have officially stated on the official Square Enix twitter page as well.

Only an idiot would believe FF7 would never receive a remake, even without the source of info.

As cloudff7pc stated. They've already either ported or remade 1-6, and well now they have announced interest in 7, 8, and 9. So it's only a matter of time before you will see them. It's not even an "if" situation, it's only a "when".

As for official sources for news.. you can always check:

http://forgottenmem.net

or

http://forums.kametsu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

As for mentioning 8 and 9 remakes: Square Enix asks fans about remakes?

a few days ago square asked people on their twitter (japanese) what they thought about a remake and the response was so overwhelming that they had to tell people to stop.

so yeah, only a matter of time (5 years maybe?). whatever. let them take their time, make some nice changes, think of some new stuff, most importantly don't make another xiii.