Final Fantasy VII Remake

BanBlade

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As nice as having a remake would be, I do remember reading an article in some gaming magazine a while back. The producers of the original FF VII stated that one of the main reasons that it has not been remade is because they estimate the production costs and the time needed to remake the game impractical. Sadly, some dreams may never come true :(

The question is who doesn't. The issue is they will KILL the game if they remake it. They will make it like FF13, SUPER FREAKING LINEAR! Do you really want to see one of the best RPG's of all time go down at the hands of some obviously retarded game developers? Square sucks since they have become Square Enix.

The (old E3? I think) tech demo of the "rumored" but scrapped remake was interesting enough to me; however like Naruto10991 noted, the production costs and time required to do it are impractical compared to FF13 (Supposedly FF13 was only capable of being done because the story is linear as compared to a long FF7 with many side stories).

FF13 to me was a flop because of the linear-ness. Sure, it was a good story, but they literally threw away the "Explore the World & Complete Side-quests" concept. An RPG just isn't a true RPG without the sidequests and such. FFXIII was no doubt extremely shiny eye candy for all of us, but it didn't seem like it lived up to what the past Final Fantasy games set up. It felt more like a test drive of what the next gen systems can really do.

• 2 weeks later...
lil+will+00.png I say we should have a big list of all the people who want it done. Then send them Square Enix it. Maybe that we'll help them do some of these remakes since they will see how many people actually will be buying it. Since the only thing people care about is money$$$$$$

they already have a petition on the net go find it and sign up!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the rumors are that Sqeenix is remaking V and VI on the 3DS, so what will come after that? Gotta be VII! I'd play it. You'd play it. Hell, everyone would play it. If Square Enix doesn't remake FFVII I will be very shocked indeed. I mean, it's a guaranteed million seller. Do they not want to make hundreds of millions?

I've heard that the reason FFXIII was so linear was that it took so much work and so many man hours to produce the game at the quality they did, that a full open world game would have taken several more years to make. Would this be an issue with a VII remake? If they plan to remake VII but not follow the old format, they shouldn't remake it at all.

Well the rumors are that Sqeenix is remaking V and VI on the 3DS, so what will come after that? Gotta be VII! I'd play it. You'd play it. Hell, everyone would play it. If Square Enix doesn't remake FFVII I will be very shocked indeed. I mean, it's a guaranteed million seller. Do they not want to make hundreds of millions?

I've heard that the reason FFXIII was so linear was that it took so much work and so many man hours to produce the game at the quality they did, that a full open world game would have taken several more years to make. Would this be an issue with a VII remake? If they plan to remake VII but not follow the old format, they shouldn't remake it at all.

That seems to be very irrational to assume that FFVII would automatically be the next project for remake, just because it is the next in the series. V & VI are completely different from VII, especially the fact that they were both 2-D as compared to 3-D material. In those remakes, they usually do a little more than a graphical update - such as adding in additional dungeons and cleaning up translation mistakes, but like you noted in the second half of your post, the man power to update the game (not including the additional resources needed to add game content that wasn't in the original FFVII title) would be pretty steep even if it would be a mega-million seller.