Final Fantasy VII Remake

BanBlade

Dude this forum is also part of my site Forgotten Memories, which has reliable info and news, and at one time one of the top 5 biggest/most active FF related fansites, though it hasn't been actively updated in years. Square Enix of Japan and North America both personally contact me via email to give the latest news on a monthly basis. They have also contacted me in the past to help hold competitions where they themselves would hand out the prices to the winners via mail. So anything we say you can believe to be true. What I've posted before was directly translated from what they have officially stated on the official Square Enix twitter page as well.

Only an idiot would believe FF7 would never receive a remake, even without the source of info.

As cloudff7pc stated. They've already either ported or remade 1-6, and well now they have announced interest in 7, 8, and 9. So it's only a matter of time before you will see them. It's not even an "if" situation, it's only a "when".

As for official sources for news.. you can always check:

http://forgottenmem.net

or

http://forums.kametsu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

As for mentioning 8 and 9 remakes: Square Enix asks fans about remakes?

I want a remake just as much as everyone else here, but after all of these years of waiting I'm just start to lose hope and faith, not matter how official the sources are.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a remake just as much as everyone else here, but after all of these years of waiting I'm just start to lose hope and faith, not matter how official the sources are.

But that is exactly the point. The longer the wait, and the more time that passes the bigger the chance of a remake. Actually if I remember correctly I believe Nomura stated they might actually begin working on it after their current projects of FFXIII and FFXIV are done. Square Enix has also stated interest in possibly doing a FFXIII-2.

But that is exactly the point. The longer the wait, and the more time that passes the bigger the chance of a remake. Actually if I remember correctly I believe Nomura stated they might actually begin working on it after their current projects of FFXIII and FFXIV are done. Square Enix has also stated interest in possibly doing a FFXIII-2.

Final Fantasy XIII-2.....I have lost all hope in Square Enix now, lol (jk).

On the one hand, there are those who assert that FFVII was less a game and more so "a moment in time," one that--regardless of how many times it might be remade--can never truly capture the magic of the original experience. That said, it's naive to simply swallow what some people at S-E say about a remake being out of the question: the fact of the matter is that money talks, and FFVII remade would make a fortune.

My opinion? It may not come in the near future, but there will absolutely be a FFVII remake soon enough.

yeah they're going to need the money after xiii

let them take as much time as they want, of course it will never be the same, but I still got goosebumps listening to the opening track while watching the tech demo, seeing the camera zoom in on a much flashier midgar.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that final fantasy VII has been stretched out enough. It was great when it first came out because it used the latest graphic technology and really stunned everyone! But now multiple games and movies later, enough is enough. Final fantasy VII is not the only final fantasy out there. They should move the spotlight to another one.

it's been years since they released that FFVII demo trailer to the public.. and still, SE does not even give a hint if they will still remake the game..

i like FFVII alot, but is it much more worth it if SE develops a new final fantasy than remaking one of their old games.

like adding an another final fantasy game in the ps3 console.. but even so, it will take time since they had just released FFXIII this year.

I think that remakes of 1-9 in CG3D graphics would be epic!

FF1 would be so awesome being similar to Fable

FF2 and FF5 ehhh

FF3 Fable as kids

FF4 would be epic

FF6 would be epic as well

FF7 would be the best thing known to man

FF8 would be the second best thing known to man

FF9 would be better than FF10

They ALL have to have Voice actors or else they equal FF8 quality in an FF13 world

I personally doubt they will make it anytime soon. it was considered near perfect the first time and to think they could make it better...

They can make it 110% Perfect:dhh: