Voice your thoughts on what features you'd like to see.

Koby

Getting rid of the 15 post to gain access to the anime downloads.

its because of leeches like you that it exists

I definitely believe that the 15 post thing should stay...otherwise, people would only sign up and download without contributing to the forums.

I remember reading at the start of last month that the 15 count would potentially be lowered / introduction threads would count towards post counts. I bring this up not because I agree/disagree, but thought it was relevant.

Anywho, I think this forum is already super good*. The one thing that irks me are the banners. I think it looks a bit awkward when my window is in full screen, which is 95% of the time. But hey, pretty minor stuff. xD

Edited by Breathless

• 4 weeks later...

Going to update forum software and change skins.

It's going to cost $25 for each, so I could really use donations.

IPB4.0 is coming out sometime this year and when it does, we won't have to pay to upgrade the skin nor the forum software since the upgrades will be included for free from this.

Going to alter the forum descriptions a bit more to make them look nicer, and going to implement some of the changes listed throughout this thread (such as turning the mandatory posting from 15 to 1 for downloads and allowing the introduction section to count towards posts).

Could it be possible to increase the file size allowed for avatar pictures?? Especially when it comes to gifs... 50KB (especially in todays internet and picture quality) I find is a little small and a restriction for some really good gifs. 200BK seems to be the most popular, but ultimately its up to you. Thanks for an awesome site none the less, I plan on donating soon.

...and going to implement some of the changes listed throughout this thread (such as turning the mandatory posting from 15 to 1 for downloads and allowing the introduction section to count towards posts).

You don't think that is a bit too low?? It would definitely encourage/enable a lot more people to download, but then they may just up and leave after that... I think 5 required posts would be a good point to lower it to IMHO 

• Like 1

Are gifs not allowed for avatars anymore? I just tried changing mine again to a gif, and it won't animate.

Also, if you're going to lower the post requirement to one post, and make introductions count, why even have a post limit at all? That almost ensures spamming and leeching.

EDIT: Also, aren't most downloads done on the IRC, nowadays? So people aren't even required to join the forum to download from there anyway.

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still looking though all that you have on the site but so fare its great. C-W is going so hear i am.

What do u mean C-W is going??

C-W forum will be closing soon and the members are being directed here. Valdearg made an announcment on C-W with all the details if you haven't read it yet.

Is it possible to get notifications when someone replies to a thread you posted in?

Also I want an unlimited supply of Toblerone.

Yes, there should be a follow button up in the top right that you click and choose instant notifications, 

You can further edit this by going to your profile and choosing the notification type you want. (email or notification or both) http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

As for the Toblerone... this feature is not supported yet :P

Edited by Moodkiller

Ok here is one feature that i think should be implemented. 

The  Request  section under  Content Distro 2.0  should have a sub-section that should include  MiniHD  section divided into 3 categories:-  Dual-Audio, Subbed, & Dubbed.

If the request is sorted it will be easy for those who wish to upload what they have without going through all the mixed topics in Request section. Also it will be easier for those wanting to make request, not to mention chances of request getting fulfilled faster. 

P.S :- I asked for MiniHD section since its quite popular (at least in my opinion). Also if possible adding the sections for Raw's & Movies  separate (not under MiniHD sub- section but directly under Request Section) may make things easy. 

[Just give it a thought]

Edited by dragonamar

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is one feature that i think should be implemented. 

The  Request  section under  Content Distro 2.0  should have a sub-section that should include  MiniHD  section divided into 3 categories:-  Dual-Audio, Subbed, & Dubbed.

If the request is sorted it will be easy for those who wish to upload what they have without going through all the mixed topics in Request section. Also it will be easier for those wanting to make request, not to mention chances of request getting fulfilled faster. 

P.S :- I asked for MiniHD section since its quite popular (at least in my opinion). Also if possible adding the sections for Raw's & Movies  separate (not under MiniHD sub- section but directly under Request Section) may make things easy. 

[Just give it a thought]

Now that is thorough. Change we can believe in. Taking the initiative. Bulldozing ahead. This is the innovator the perfectionist. Progress is the key. Now aside from what was said could we link a intro sound to our profile?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nekone locked this topic