Post Amount to View Downloads Increased

Koby

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never have said much becuse i never wanted to get in law problems with getting anime like this but if 15 it is 15 it is and i will try and say more. i dont know much about getting anime like this but i know that this place is worth it.

I think it's perfectly fine to discuss your opinions on the animes you like or dislike or whatever else other people happen to be discussing, doesn't sound illegal to me but you never know. Still it's fun and interesting so even if I get in trouble for it it'll be worth it =).

I think the download section is worth more than 5 posts. Hell, it's worth more than 15, but I think 15 is reasonable. I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe it should be something like: 15 posts to get access to the downloads section, then at least 5 or 10 posts a month to keep the privileges until you reach a certain amount of posts, maybe 45 (after the initial 15, that's 5 posts a month for half a year). It may give the leechers more time to look around the forum and decide if this is a community they want to be a part of or just keep the minimum amount of posts necessary to keep the privileges to the downloads section. I don't know, it's just an idea.

I think the download section is worth more than 5 posts. Hell, it's worth more than 15, but I think 15 is reasonable. I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe it should be something like: 15 posts to get access to the downloads section, then at least 5 or 10 posts a month to keep the privileges until you reach a certain amount of posts, maybe 45 (after the initial 15, that's 5 posts a month for half a year). It may give the leechers more time to look around the forum and decide if this is a community they want to be a part of or just keep the minimum amount of posts necessary to keep the privileges to the downloads section. I don't know, it's just an idea.

I'd love to do this, I've actually wanted to do so for at least a year since I originally thought of it. Unfortunately no such modification exists and I'm not skilled enough to create it.

I've now made it so Crusader-0's can no longer make threads or posts in the Recommendations & Reviews and Graphical Division as well as the Requests board. Reasons being is they seem to easily spam the Recommendation board by simply replying to 15 threads saying nothing more than a single series. As for the Graphic Division a lot of them posts requests never to be heard from again and this will stop that, plus a lot of them have been just posting thanks in 15 threads of tutorials or psd's... or simply saying something looks good in the showcase.

As far as Requests, well it was already made so they couldn't make threads there, but now they can't reply to threads. After all why do they need access to make download requests when they don't even have access to the downloads themselves yet? Plus it stops their spam of just saying they want it too.

I back you up all the way Koby. Yeah, If everyone has noticed, it takes quite some time (surprisingly) for leechers to get to 5 posts. So by the time they get to about 8 or 10, they'll get sick of posting useless posts and leave. Where else the dedicated members wouldn't spam 15 posts. Look, some leechers post meaningful posts, yeah. But most, no. Great decidion to rise the post limit if you ask me :)

Shrugs. I honestly don't think the 15 will stop people from spamming; if there's a will there's a way. However at least it's a bit more challenging than 5 considering the fact that Kametsu has quite a large reservoir of anime for almost zero contribution on the random leecher's part.

I'm also sure we have a computer developer/programmer in our midst, so I'm willing to bet they could help you put together code that will allow for your idea Koby. I think that a minimum postage count to maintain privileges is an excellent idea completely worth investing time and effort into creating.

Suppose it is fair enough, I suppose I am guilty of only coming on once every few months..... at least it encourages leechers to at least contribute a bit more.... community is worthless if all members post only five or even fifteen posts eh.

Well even if they posted a "thank you for the links" it would not be so bad IMO, but the leechers don't even know how to say thank you! Grrr >.<

Well even if they posted a "thank you for the links" it would not be so bad IMO, but the leechers don't even know how to say thank you! Grrr >.<

I suppose you are right on that account.

Either way, at the very least this is change is gauging somewhat interesting discussion on other parts of the site. At least if you are planning to just post to get up to the 15 posts... make them worthwhile ones ;-).

15 posts seems totally fair. There are a ton of threads to post on.

I'll have to remember this next time i download something, i haven't so far cause it felt like cluttering up the thread, but i next thing i download i'll be leaving a thank you.

LOL agreed, I believe that is the least that they can do for downloading someone's upload. They don't know how much work is required to encode and upload them.

Yes, that is the thing that really makes this raising of the post threshold something that shouldn't be a difficulty to people. I mean I came here first as a leecher, I needed to find English dubbed anime for my wife to be able to watch, and this place has the widest selection hands down. I would suspect that at least a third of my total post count comes from leaving thanks in download threads, and that certainly was the bulk of my early posts to this forum. Now, over time I have started to branch out into various discussions and left my own comments from time to time (not started any threads yet, but then haven't yet come up with a topic I felt strongly enough about to do so that wasn't already being done by another) in different threads, but that was because I was slowly getting to know some of the regulars here from reading various threads (I was always more of a reader than a writer, despite my tendency towards longwindedness ) and I wanted to help support this community which was providing such a valuable service to me and my wife. I just don't like talking for the sake of talking, contrary to what some have said to me in my life I really don't talk for the sake of talking or hearing my own voice, just when I have something to say...although I freely admit there are some things I can be rather opinionated about...LOL

Personally I would say that this site has the best downloads section I have ever encountered, and that a far higher limit than the one currently in place would still not be on a par with its value, but that is simply my opinion. If people cannot be bothered to at the minimum thank those that provide these links and encodes for us to get then they don't deserve access in the first place IMHO, manners and courtesy should still be taken seriously. I also love the idea of not just a minimum requirement but also a monthly minimum level as well, and I hope that those who are code proficient members of this forum can hep Koby create such because I think that might in some ways be a better goad than just the minimum post count settings as they currently work.

Well, whatever else I suppose people can't say I tend to spam posts, put them to sleep maybe with my wordiness but spam...I think not. *hearty grin* That's my view on the topic, and that I fully agree with and support Koby's decision in this matter, for what it is worth coming from a relatively quiet member like myself who really did come here for the downloads more than the community, at least at the beginning.

For the record: Since this change... post per day has doubled compared to what it had dwindled to.

We're back up at over 1,000 new posts per day.

Excellent!!! I have noticed a significant increase, but is very exciting that posts have doubled like that. Only question: Will it continue after all the leechers bump their way back up?