Post Amount to View Downloads Increased

Koby

I've had the idea told to me numerous times throughout the past year that 5 posts was just too little, but I always said it was just the right amount. You see we are a community discussion board and the post setup is made to encourage new comers to not be lame leechers and to actually contribute to discussions. Some learn to be active, others simply spam non-sense and never be heard from again.

I checked our records and we had 4,847 members in the regular Crusaders rank. Of those, only a mere 764 members had more than 15 posts. Thus I decided to up the limit to that of 15 and send all those below the limit back to Crusader-0 as punishment for being pathetic leechers.

Before you start complaining how fifteen is too high, just know I'm a member of about 10 different download forums for anime, and half of them just about have it set where you need 50 posts yet they don't have near the size nor the quality of our database of downloads. So no, 15 isn't that bad.

I know this will likely further increase spam and thus further increase the amount of bans we issue, but at the same time it may help encourage a few leechers to buck up and finally either leave or be a part of the discussions.

For the record replies to threads shouldn't just be like 'Kakashi' in a thread about 'Your Naruto Character'. You should explain what makes him your favorite. Posts that are only there as post boosters without contributing to the topics discussion will likely be deleted and you could wind up suspended under the terms of spamming for post boosting.

I'm likely going to be purging the forum of inactive accounts shortly as well to clean up around here and may end up making it a habit of deleting accounts without a single post in a three month to six month span.

I don't want to be hard ass over-bearing admin, but sometimes I do have to do something about such things and I may come off as such. I only have the best for the community in mind and my way of thinking is leeches do absolutely nothing for the community and might as well find somewhere else for their downloads if that is all they come here for.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anyone complaining about the post # increase besides the leechers themselves... 15 posts if people look around and just talk about things they want to talk about in the forums; they can do that in less then an hour. As for inactive people, I would say, sometimes life and whatnot get in the way and might not come on due to crap going on in RL so maybe make it at least a year before deleting their account... maybe two *shrugs*.

I would say, sometimes life and whatnot get in the way and might not come on due to crap going on in RL so maybe make it at least a year before deleting their account... maybe two *shrugs*.

Yeah I know, this is why I've always been iffy on the subject. For example The Welsh Paddy (changed his name to NO! was a huge member of the community back in the day like 6-7 years ago, but vanished back in 2008.. and recently returned to find his account still there. I've deleted accounts in the past only to have once active members come back to find their accounts gone. o.O If I did go to deleting accounts it'd likely be only those who hadn't posted in a long time and never were a poster to begin with rather than our long term members.

Yeah I know, this is why I've always been iffy on the subject. For example The Welsh Paddy (changed his name to NO! was a huge member of the community back in the day like 6-7 years ago, but vanished back in 2008.. and recently returned to find his account still there. I've deleted accounts in the past only to have once active members come back to find their accounts gone. o.O If I did go to deleting accounts it'd likely be only those who hadn't posted in a long time and never were a poster to begin with rather than our long term members.

Yeah that kinda seems like the best bet for doing things.... long live Kametsu and it's long time members ^^

I am new to the site, but I do not think 15 is that big of a limit. I first found this site through EDK, but I was more interested in the forums when I came then the downloads. This is the first forum I have ever joined, and I am enjoying it immensely.

I do agree that if you start deleting accounts, you delete ones that have a low rate of posting, cause some inactive users, that were active before, may just be to tied up and plan on coming back. I don't know if you can do it, but if you had a program (script) that searched the members and located the ones that stop posting at a certain point, but are still active, it might help in locating leachers.I don't know, but thought it might help.

I wanted to say thanks to all of you, I have really enjoyed my stay here so far, and that is due to the hospitality you have all shown. It is nice to be able to socialize with people who have similar interests.

I'm definitely happy with the post limit increase, especially due to the fact that I first joined for the downloads. But that was a good thing in the end because with the 5 post limit I saw how great it was to share ideas on anime and now I love coming onto this forum and posting my opinions on these things. So thanks for everything so far =).

Well I agree with this change. Depending on results maybe you should even raise it to 20 posts, although that may be a bit too high in some people's views. I hope this decreases the amount of spam from those leechers rather than increase 5 posts of spam to 15. But overall I think increasing the amount of posts was a smart move, it'll either get those lazy people to try again and actually join the community or completely give up.