Post Amount to View Downloads Increased

Koby

No problem. Folk that keen for downloads can do some easy (Google) searching for Torrents or the multitude of Just-Signup-And-Never-Post direct-download forums (via File Storage hosts ala MegaUpload/etc) if they cared that much to avoid putting in some effort via posting a few interesting things. I myself haven't downloaded a single thing thanks to that area of this site...so would never have made a difference to me. A nice side-bonus, but far from the reason I signed up and made a small amount of effort to form a 'sentence or two here and there. ;) Blatant leachers' serve little purpose, so no worry necessary.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record: Since this change... post per day has doubled compared to what it had dwindled to.

We're back up at over 1,000 new posts per day.

Now how many of those are actually contributing to overall discussions? :/ Or are a majority of the posts one/two sentences where most members string together a few words to post something that you'd probably find in a Mad Libs book?

I think that people will genuinely put an effort into their posts because their here to download anime and it is an anime forum after all. But I always have been one to overestimate the goodness in other ppl so who knows? XD

Or they just want to watch anime! I get it though you should atleast put some effort by posting instead of taking things from granted such as downloading anime without leaving acknowledgement to the guy that posted the downloads.

I think that people will genuinely put an effort into their posts because their here to download anime and it is an anime forum after all. But I always have been one to overestimate the goodness in other ppl so who knows? XD

Well it's had to work. Originally when I signed up I posted just to get my downloads. Once the forum host changed, along with the post count. I got into posting. Then came donating for the things I downloaded. :)

Might be just me but I find if I keep posting like I am, it will be my name for every board as last poster.

Well I agree with this change. Depending on results maybe you should even raise it to 20 posts, although that may be a bit too high in some people's views. I hope this decreases the amount of spam from those leechers rather than increase 5 posts of spam to 15. But overall I think increasing the amount of posts was a smart move, it'll either get those lazy people to try again and actually join the community or completely give up.