Random Talk.

Talena Mae

Microsoft's doing a 180 :D. Everyone's calling it the XBOX ONE-Eighty fiasco or something like that. That makes 2 backtracks for Microsoft in one year (Windows 8.1 and Xbox 180)! Is the XBOX now a more viable system? Who knows.

In all honesty, at least they are caving to the demands of fans. Its better if they listen to their consumers than just throw out products that everyone hates.

Even so, I will be sticking Windows 7 and will not upgrade until Windows 9 is out and debugged, plus I have no intention of buying the new XBox (I wouldnt have bought it no matter what, same with any console that isnt handheld)

• Like 1

Amazon customers are saying that Microsoft has redeemed themselves lol ^^.

In other news, I realized that date I saw for today was a "we'll send it out for shipping probably on this date" not a "we'll probably deliver it on this date." That said, they still haven't shipped anything T_T. And some of the parts I ordered are projected to take over a month to come in T_T. Sigh... the trials and tribulations of living in Hawaii...

Amazon customers are saying that Microsoft has redeemed themselves lol ^^.

In other news, I realized that date I saw for today was a "we'll send it out for shipping probably on this date" not a "we'll probably deliver it on this date." That said, they still haven't shipped anything T_T. And some of the parts I ordered are projected to take over a month to come in T_T. Sigh... the trials and tribulations of living in Hawaii...

Always assume that it will take about 50% more time than you assumed it would. Then you don't get disappointed by all the delays and border crossings.

One time I ordered something from RightStuf and the package got stuck at the border for 3 weeks. I finally called the company to ask what was up and they had it moving again within the hour. Silly people...

On another note, you may live in Hawaii, but you also LIVE IN HAWAII!!!!!!

But I'm a techie living in Hawaii!!! There's nothing out here!!! Unless I make it myself ;). Lots of companies even refuse to ship prizes and stuff to Hawaii. It's like we're not even a state sometimes =/. We vote last and have so few votes that it hardly matters. The only thing people like about us is the sun (which is shining maybe 50% of the time because Hawaii's a TROPICAL environment). If you want sun so much, go to Malibu, there's much less rain there. We need to get like a massive rail system between us and California to encourage more interconnection =/.

Edited by Dae314

But I'm a techie living in Hawaii!!! There's nothing out here!!! Unless I make it myself ;). Lots of companies even refuse to ship prizes and stuff to Hawaii. It's like we're not even a state sometimes =/. We vote last and have so few votes that it hardly matters. The only thing people like about us is the sun (which is shining maybe 50% of the time because Hawaii's a TROPICAL environment). If you want sun so much, go to Malibu, there's much less rain there. We need to get like a massive rail system between us and California to encourage more interconnection =/.

At least you guys don't get the stupid amounts of snow that I do, and the fact that our temperatures go from 40 to -40 every year. Plus you don't have to deal with mosquitoes, which is one of the only things that causes me to have dislike for summer.

As for techie stuff, you could look at it as an opportunity to get your computer just the way you want it! I can feel your pain for the shipping, too many things are available for US only and they won't send it to us Canadian folks. Grrrrr *much fist shaking and grumbled "eh"s*

Lastly, if they were going to build a rail system then they would likely want to start off by connecting most of the major islands. Might increase tourism even more if they can just go from the Big Island to any other island within an hour or two.

:D I found a 7970 for ~$300 and jumped on it ^^. Newegg still has the sale if you're interested just search 7970. Even if the 760 turns out to be more powerful, I got Bioshock with the card free (a game I would've bought anyway) so I can minus $60 from my personal price. Not to mention I got an extra gig of video memory so I shouldn't have to worry about the future's high density displays ^^.

The screen on my roommate's phone is really jacked up. Sometimes it'll come on when he slides open the keyboard, but sometimes it doesn't. The power button is messed up, so when that happens he has to plug it in temporarily to get the screen to turn on.

To be fair, it's years old. It's not quite an OG Droid, I think it might be second generation, and it's been through some times. I only recently upgraded to a Droid 4 myself from an OG Droid, haha.

I'm still using my old Nokia phone from, like, 2003? Whenever I bust it out with my friends they give me a look that screams 'Are you serious?', haha. Damn... I need a new phone... But i don't really use a phone that often. When I'm not at work I'm at home, so all my friends know to contact me via skype.

Phones are evil and steal your soul. Believe me. I know. The one thing I like using my phone for now is checking feedly (RSS) when work gets unbearably slow. The one thing I'll probably always hate about phones is the battery life. I miss my old nokia that could stay on for over a week and be at 50% battery the next time I checked it.

Edited by Dae314

Phones are evil and steal your soul. Believe me. I know. The one thing I like using my phone for now is checking feedly (RSS) when work gets unbearably slow. The one thing I'll probably always hate about phones is the battery life. I miss my old nokia that could stay on for over a week and be at 50% battery the next time I checked it.

Yeah the good old phones are the best! The battery life was awesome and they were hardwearing. Now, even though the mobile phone technology has developed at an amazing rate with new fancy features, applications, sizes, models, designs, specifications and stuff, somehow I miss that old magic of phones that work even if they drop into water or fall down a hundred times on a stone floor. 

Congratz poe!

You all should check out Razer's surround thingie if you play games. It works pretty well, but I found that it fails on regular speakers (no surprise) and makes your headphones a little more bassy. This has 2 consequences:

1) Music isn't going to be balanced correctly, so unless you're listening to really bassy stuff it's going to sound a little... odd. Depending on your cans, it might sound good or bad.

2) Again, depending on your cans the additional bass might wear out your headphones faster since any type of overuse on the spectrum is likely to break things :P.

Why is it that college kids always start these rebellions...

This doesn't have anything to do with the previous conversation, but oh well. I GOT INTO THE WOMEN'S CHORUS OF LES MIS~! *u*

Congrats to you^^^^^^ Whether it's a big role or small you play, you're a part of a lovely performance and that's what counts^^^^^^ I hope someone will video it and put it up on Youtube for us to see :)