Random Talk.

Talena Mae

But you were in the military, so you can pretty much expect them to know everything about you.

Did you see the stuff about the government trying to set up their own secured 4G network? That'd be a great idea except for the whole single point of failure thing :P.

They do know a lot about me but, not everything. The SRB only contains numbers for scores on physical fitness, shooting abilities, school's you have attended, awards you received, and how your leader ranks you against your peers. Realistically it's just a big numbers game they don't know anymore about Outlet, Java, or me than what there lame little tests can score us at.

If they don't know anything about me after handing over a security clearance, they didn't do their job, haha. I don't put a lot of stock into the polygraph (sucks to be the people who literally couldn't pass it though), but I did do a lot of interviews and handed over a lot of personal information to get my initial clearance while they scoured my background.

I mean the post theoretically fits with the "spirit" of the thread, but it looks real suspicious when we get the occasional butt trying to spam this thread for access. I'm starting to feel inclined towards refreshing this thread weekly or something. 131 pages looks intimidating.

The polygraph was kind of fun. I went to another base to get it done and I tried to ask the gate guards where I had to go. They sent me to HQ and that was the complete wrong place to go. I ended up nearly late for my appointment and I left arrived like two hours early, soooooo yeah. I was mad lost.

At the end the polygrapher told me I spiked real bad when I lied on the baseline questions (stuff like "IS THIS THE NUMBER SIX" while they hold up a paper with the number nine on it), so it's a good thing I passed, haha. There was one dude I worked with who literally couldn't pass--he took it like five different times.

I'm sorry I just can't comment on this one because, I dunno I guess I'm uncomfortable talking about the lie detector test. It was very strange and some of the question's they asked were somewhat awkward.

On the other hand that cat is hilarious. But, I have to ask what MOS are you that you had to take a lie detector test. Mine goes hand in hand with some of the maps I get and stuff like that but, are you like an intel bubba or something? Are you the one that writes those funny SIGACTS I always get?

I was a linguist. Java did signals. I wasn't a reporter so to speak, though I did take some reporting classes and then promptly dumped the knowledge when they threatened to make me an impromptu 1N4. No thanks!

That sucks you're getting diagnosed with asthma, Poe!

Tangentially, every time I try to give blood (and I do try, because my blood type is O neg), they always turn me away for being anemic. Ughhhh.

I like broccoli, but by the time I remember to eat it, it's already gross and mouldy in the fridge.

I think the only time I managed to actually give blood successfully was in basic, haha. I kind of got close in tech school, but then I guess my blood was pumping so slow I was basically dead and didn't fill a whole bag.

I JUST WANT TO SAVE PEOPLE'S LIVES WITH MY BLOOD.

That would make one of the people who lay around not doing anything........at least, that's what I've turned into now...........a useless girl wasting her time an life away.........no purpose, no drive to do something and curse all the people who got me into this place. 

I want to donate blood too but as my mum always says.......'When you don't have enough blood in your body and you don't eat food properly, how the hell are you going to give your blood? You'll end up getting a transfusion instead!' Yikes! That pretty much threw my wish out but it'd be nice to help someone who's sick. 

Hope you get the asthma under control, Poe! *hug* 

If the fighting forces in my country were as good as in the other countries, then I'm sure I would've joined one of them right after school........probably Air Force or Navy. Flying and sailing, two things I love, even though I've never done them alone. 

@Rio.......those Cat pix would most probably be Job because he must have a storehouse full of them and putting them out at random intervals.

A totally random thought ........ would running away be a bad thing?

I figured Job had a stockpile of Cat pix he always knows how to make me laugh.

On the blood donation side of the house I have O negative also and donate every chance I get. I love the juice and cookies they always give me. For juice and cookies they can have as much blood as they want!

As for other countries fighting forces I dunno what your talkin about Kinara I had a ton of fun working with the Brits in the summer of 2009. They seem to have a lot less restrictions on there ROE's than we do. At least until the UN started blanketing everyone. They also really know how to party ton's of fun. The ones I do not like working with is the Jordanians they seem to think they can do whatever they want and I've almost gotten into a fight with em a couple of times on this deployment already.

I would reconsider running away though, you seem pretty smart and cheery to me who knows maybe your the next Reba Macentire and just don't know it. Things are always at there darkest right before they get better and there is one good thing about the bottom, is once you get there the only way you can go is back up. And getting there is always a lot of fun. You meet new and interesting people and all kinds of cool stuff.