Random Talk.

Talena Mae

All kleenex are made by Kleenex! All Q-Tips are made by Q-Tips! All vaseline is made by Vaseline! All xerox machines are made by Xerox! All band-aids are made by Band-Aid! All chapstick is made by Chapstick! All jello is made by Jell-O! All ziplocks are made by Ziplock!

• Like 1

It's cool I know the feeling the games seem more advanced everyday and it can get a little daunting at time but, the way I see it if I can figure out how to work an Iphone then maybe I can figure out how to play the modern video game. But to be honest you have a really good point, I think the next generation are gonna be born rocket scientists. I had trouble figuring out how to get windows 8 how to work. There's no START bar!!! AHHHH!, what do I do?!

It's less being reluctant to learn new things and more being reluctant to spend hundreds of dollars I don't have on video games, haha. My interest level in following series across platforms has diminished through the years, not that it was very high to begin with. Like the only reason I even play XBox games now is because my husband is an XBox gamer.

Yeah I'm the gamer in my family to but, to be honest the cash is the big issue I guess. Didn't games used to cost like $30 brand new then when 360 and PS3 came out they were $60. Does that mean when PS4 and Xbox-1 comes out they will be $70 or something?

But let me ask you something are you saying there's not one series that you still follow? There's gotta be at least one that still makes an impression?

The only thing I follow is the Sims; it's easy because there isn't a storyline in it that I care about. (Sure, there's some stuff with the Goths and whatever, but I literally do not care.)

I like a lot of games, but I normally don't go out of my way to follow them. And it takes me a very long time to get around to playing new games--like I didn't even touch Skyrim until almost a year and a half after it was released. Same thing with Catherine. Same thing with Okami. Same thing with Civilization.

And games were always expensive. Like I guess back in the day NES games would cost anywhere in the range of $30-$50 USD--adjust for inflation and that rockets up to $60-$100 per cartridge.

But yeah, I mostly stick with my SNES and GBA simulators, haha. I replay Chrono Trigger and Breath of Fire II every year.

Bwahahaha $400 :P. That's the price of my graphics card ^^. For everything that you get in the gaming console, $400-$500 is an excellent price. Compare the console's features to most 10" tablets (I believe those run you around the same amount). Also look at the Oculus Rift dev kit. I believe that dev kit alone was ~$400. You're getting a console, not just goggles. I won't be getting any new gen consoles though since I'm spending all my money on a new computer. The total build's running me ~2.5k, but most of it (60%) comes from peripherals. Before you go judging me as a rich person, I saved almost all the money I earned from working in college and over summers between semesters for the past 3 years to achieve this. Once the 760Ti comes out, my build will be complete and with it, I will rule the technological and gaming realms!

Before I go starting a console v pc war on this thread, I am getting a controller as well since some games just don't play well on keyboard :P. I just wish they made a gaming keyboard with a built in joystick >.>.

I get most of my games on steam since I find it convenient.

Cool cool. I actually give ya props for the sims I can't play that without cheat codes. I have trouble keeping my family alive, out of debt, and going to work.

Agreed! I use cheats instantly lol otherwise my sims die haha

IKR I just can't do it. It is fun but, so hard.

On the computer side of the house I usually just buy the most expensive, most up to date, newest, gaming laptop I can find from Best Buy. I'm not saying I'm rich either but being a single employed male has it's up's and down's and going computer shopping when I only go shopping like once every other month is one of them.

• Like 1

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card, as it is the weakest link in my PC.

I don't need it to be super fancy, but a decent upgrade shouldn't be too much.

What I have now is an ATI Radeon HD 5450. It rates a 5.0 on the WEI. I'd like to get one that would give me a 6.0 or better.

Does your power supply have an extra 6 pin connector on it? You can go 7770 or around there if you have an extra connector.

On the computer side of the house I usually just buy the most expensive, most up to date, newest, gaming laptop I can find from Best Buy. I'm not saying I'm rich either but being a single employed male has it's up's and down's and going computer shopping when I only go shopping like once every other month is one of them.

Why would you spend so much money on a laptop for gaming o.O'''. You need to be mobile with it? If you're going for FPS at ultra settings (frames per second not first person shooter in this context), the only way to go is desktop. Not just because of the graphics but also because of the CPU (one example of this).

Also, RE: XBOX 1 hate. Microsoft and Sony really are facing off with this. Microsoft's move is one that will make publishers who are very intent on DRM very happy to publish on their platform. Sony... not so much. Although they do leave the option open which I think is a good move. This will create some tension between the publishers, the console makers, and the consumer, and it's rather hard to predict how it will play out. If Microsoft manages to pull together an extremely attractive game ecosystem, they can still beat out Sony.

Actually on the subject of Desktop's, a few month's ago I got a pretty good deal on a desktop from a friend and did purchase one. I gave it to my mom though. She was trying to run her business off a laptop and I felt bad so I gave it to her. I think my younger brother may have already wrecked it going on that 4chan site though.

I'm going to buy an external hard drive hopefully tomorrow...just worried about my budget and the brand I can get for my budget. Wish I could get a damn computer but then, at the moment it's out because I can't afford it right now.

What kind of external are you considering? And how big of a drive?

Also, RE: XBOX 1 hate. Microsoft and Sony really are facing off with this. Microsoft's move is one that will make publishers who are very intent on DRM very happy to publish on their platform. Sony... not so much. Although they do leave the option open which I think is a good move. This will create some tension between the publishers, the console makers, and the consumer, and it's rather hard to predict how it will play out. If Microsoft manages to pull together an extremely attractive game ecosystem, they can still beat out Sony.

Honestly, they are both going to make a killing so it almost doesn't matter. My guess is that Sony will start off winning due to their strong performance at E3 and all the rumors flying around. After everything comes out and games start hitting shelves, the XBox will likely pull ahead since it seems to have more games and gimmicks going for it.

Actually on the subject of Desktop's, a few month's ago I got a pretty good deal on a desktop from a friend and did purchase one. I gave it to my mom though. She was trying to run her business off a laptop and I felt bad so I gave it to her. I think my younger brother may have already wrecked it going on that 4chan site though.

You can't ruin a computer by going on 4chan unless you deliberately try to go to other sites. Assuming he doesn't try to find cp, the computer should be fine :)