Random Talk.

Talena Mae

Oh wow that was better than I expected. I could definitely hear the influence of modern rappers in the way they spit mad flow around the beat. Also Ben 10 going to be the next Mystikal.

Rappers of today......god they sound awful and they just mutter words without rhyme or meaning and they get so popular! Do people really have such low standards of music now? 

Words with rhyme or meaning?? Pah! Who needs it. I listen almost exclusively to Japanese stuff and I couldn't translate more than 1% of a song for you. I listen to it for the sound. The pure vibrations. That's what I hear. Words have no meaning to me when listening to music, only the sound they make.

If you want words with rhyme and meaning go to a poetry slam.

BTW, I don't like rap =/. The energy is too erratic when it's good and when it's calm, it's a junkie rap. I also have 0 rhythmic sense and couldn't find rhythm in an iambic pentameter poem if someone told me that it was there so I can't appreciate what rap does with rhythm. I play rhythm games fairly well (stepmania, osu) but that's because those games follow the dominant layer of the song whether that's the vocals or the bass. I can't hold a rhythm to save my life as evidenced by my utter failure to play medium drums on rockband. I even have trouble with expert bass/medium guitar when the rhythm of a song is irregular like in Time of Your Life.

Words with rhyme or meaning?? Pah! Who needs it. I listen almost exclusively to Japanese stuff and I couldn't translate more than 1% of a song for you. I listen to it for the sound. The pure vibrations. That's what I hear. Words have no meaning to me when listening to music, only the sound they make.

If you want words with rhyme and meaning go to a poetry slam.

BTW, I don't like rap =/. The energy is too erratic when it's good and when it's calm, it's a junkie rap. I also have 0 rhythmic sense and couldn't find rhythm in an iambic pentameter poem if someone told me that it was there so I can't appreciate what rap does with rhythm. I play rhythm games fairly well (stepmania, osu) but that's because those games follow the dominant layer of the song whether that's the vocals or the bass. I can't hold a rhythm to save my life as evidenced by my utter failure to play medium drums on rockband. I even have trouble with expert bass/medium guitar when the rhythm of a song is irregular like in Time of Your Life.

Careful there Dae! Die-hard rap fans will be really offended..........lolz.

I was referring to the meaningless string of words today's rap artists mutter. Back in the day, you could find a lot of meaning to rap songs because they're narrating a story or expressing emotions through words........but you don't find that now.............today, it's some useless words put together to a tune of some sort. I guess that's what I meant by rhythm......it was supposed to be tune......my bad......I like foreign language songs too even if I can't understand a word :) :) I listen to the music, the way the words flow........

I don't like poems btw .......  

I'm far from a musical connoisseur, but to say that "today's rap artists" have no meaning behind their words is pretty shallow. Sure, some of the big hits may just be party hits, but how does that make them any different from the pop or rock stars who have big hits? It's not like the rest of their music has to be garbage.

It's been the same ever since I was little--"I like all kinds of music except country and rap."

Rap music is so diverse in its themes, its style, its content but when it becomes a vehicle to be talked about in mainstream news, the rap that gets in national news is always the rap music that perpetuates misogyny that is most obscene in its lyrics and then this comes to stand for what rap is.

Really its for me the perfect paradigm of colonialism, that is to say, we think of rap music as a little third-world country, that young white consumers are able to go to and take out of it whatever they want. We would have to acknowledge that what young white consumers, primarily male, oftentimes suburban, most got energized by in rap music was misogyny, obscenity, pugilistic eroticism and therefore that form of rap began to make the largest sums of money.

Have you tried Hollywood Undead? They kind of broke the mold and lean towards a Rap style with a punk rock after tone. There are some songs where I can't tell the difference between the rap and rock core beats. I like to think they picked up where Linkin Park left off. Seeing as how all of Park's stuff sounds kind of I dunno....... Techno I guess would be the word I would use to describe there 10,000 Suns album

I love Linkin Park! I only just realized how much^^ Despite what many people say about their changing style of music, I like their various transitions. Errr rap, I love the 90's and early 2000's rap artists.........when it comes to day's rap artists, I get very picky.........sometimes I like the song but I ignore the rap section in it. 

• Like 1

For me I'm kind of a casual party animal. And it just  so happens that a lot of the parties I go to have some rap or rock jazzin it up in the background. I can't recite a lot of the song's by heart and don't know a lot of the lyrics. I do remember going through a Eminem phase when I was 14 I think it was back when everyone still mostly used CD players. But Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and of course DMX (him I actually really do like) all have a little place on my Ipod now for when I feel like listening to them. Your right the beat is what get's me to not the message. Especially since the message can be pretty negative sometimes.