Random Talk.

Talena Mae

It bugs me that I'm always denied to give blood, haha. When I was in basic, there was only three other people with the same blood type and one of them was like, "Uhh, I have a cough, bye".

There's nothing wrong with making a change in your life, but very few people, if any, are an island. Even if it might not seem like it, there are people who would be affected if anything happened to you or you left without telling them.

I fall off the face of the earth all the time and don't talk to people for months at a time--any time we talk again, we just pick up where we left off, so I know even if we're not touching base every day, if something happened to me, they'd care. The same goes for me--it doesn't matter if I haven't talked to a person in a while, I still care what happens to them.

• Like 1

It's all cool guys cause like they always say there's always tomorrow. If life wasn't such an adventure I would of given up a long time ago. But trying to approach new opportunities and meet new people that's the fun of it. I love doing stuff I've never done before to try and brighten up my day even if it's something small. Last year I tried learning how to play guitar. It didn't work out and I suck but, I had a great time walking in to music shops, practicing, and talking to people who were so passionate about it and had been playing for years.

Yeah I started skydiving as one of my hobbies when I got back from my last deployment in 2011 (along with the aforementioned guitar playing). It's expensive and when your not jumping the other 90% of your time is spent waiting your turn but for $225 and 3 and a half minutes it's the greatest feeling in the world. 60 second free fall plus chute time and I stopped cause I just couldn't make the drive every weekend. Each time I come back from a deployment I try to learn or pick up some new hobbies or skill's. So far I've learned Kayaking, Texas Hold Em, Battle shots, sewing (its not girly it's useful), skydiving, ice skating, Spades, how to do my taxes, a bit of psychology, and animal tracking.

Being a bachelor ain't all bad, it affords me the opportunity and free time to do things either alone or with friends.

All the same though the fact that you can speak or think in two other languages is quite amazing. I tried learning Japanese a few weeks ago and I gave up after I learned how to say My name is_______.

• Like 1

So far I've learned Kayaking, Texas Hold Em, Battle shots, sewing (its not girly it's useful), skydiving, ice skating, Spades, how to do my taxes, a bit of psychology, and animal tracking.

Sewing is super useful. I have been in Scouting for a long time now, and so I was forced from a young age to learn to sew so I could put all the badges where they belong. Now I sometimes have to fix my friends clothes since they don't have a machine and stab themselves a lot if they do it by hand.

And you should try out Mahjong, thats what I've been trying to get my friends into for a little while now. Still not a lot of interest sadly...

• Like 2

Oh is that the one the old lady plays in "Summer Wars" oh man I'm totally writing that down. That would be super cool to learn I can probably research it now and I bet there's somewhere I can play for free online.

Yes sewing is a super useful skill especially with how expensive clothes can be unless of course I reference the song "Thrift Shop", but I don't think I would look incredible in anyone's Grandad's clothes. Thank you so much for the idea.

Haha, my mother played Mahjong with her friends all the time. They'd always have this huge cloud of smoke hanging over them too, and I could always tell they were talking about me and the other kids because in the midst of all their Tagalog, I'd just hear, "blah blah Bernadeht blah blah school blah blah blah then she blah blah blah".

I learnt a little Japanese while I was in Japan. That was years ago, so I didn't retain a whole lot. Just how to write my name in Katakana (ハ゛ナテ゛) and a few phrases.

Your name's Banade? Isn't that a boy's name (Bernard)...???

Also I'm back now :). And on a rig that's lightyears faster than my old comp ^^. Computers are my hobby, my passion, and my job. I pretty much don't do anything else now. New hobbies I pick up are learning another programming language xP. I suppose watching anime isn't strictly computer related though...

It's a quote from Step Brothers. They put their testicles on things.

Do you have a nickname like, the only one who calls me Ryan is my mom so everybody just shortens my last name and calls me Skibz. Do you have yours shortened and everyone calls you Bernie or Bern or "Ey B, what's up B"?

Typically Bernie, haha. Bern is exceedingly rare. Sometimes I'm Brenda if you're especially hard of hearing, old, or drunk. Bernizzle if the thug life chose you.

On Skype right now I am Star-Destroyer Grey Fox San-D.