Favorite RPG?

Nutz

Yeah, what's your favorite rpg series? Any included.

Mine is the Genso Suikoden Series. None can put up with it's quality as a saga. If they hadn't messed the Xeno games (Xenogears is absolutelly fantastic, but all of the Xenosagas are terrible) it could have put on a fight. The reason why no other can match Genso Suikoden is because all the games have very good plots, a number of very nice characters (unforunatelly you can't have 108 deep characters per game) and the most important thing, that almost no other series have: the games add to each other, building a detailed and rich history to the Suiko universe and creating an intrincated net of relations and references. If you analise each of the games alone you can probably find games equally as good, but as a series there is absolutelly no match.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Shadow Hearts or Grandia. I prefer Grandia II & III over Shadow Hearts II & III. However I really like the first Shadow Hearts more then any Grandia I played. Final Fantasy is a nice series, but I just don't really care for most. I like IV, IX, and X.. and I like Squall Leonhart though I disliked FF8. xD

• 2 weeks later...
The Kingdom Hearts series can be counted as RPG to me.

It's, like, an action RPG.

and VIII was awesome, Nutz.

That's a compelling argument! ;) I only played VIII for twenty minutes but I could not get into it at all. I liked VI and Tactics so much more than VIII.

I don't have a favourite series, but I like FF, KH, Suikoden, Magna Carta (squee), Lunar, et cetera. And if tactical ones count, I rather liked La Pucelle, in all its censored glory, and Fire Emblem (which, I admit, I got into because of SSMB:M and I thought Roy and Marth were ohsopretty.)

ETA: Omg, I just remembered being enamoured with the game Eternal Eyes. XD Must've been the shiny movie in the beginning. It wasn't awesome, but I liked it for what it was worth.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My favorite would definitley have to be the Elder Scrolls series (Arena, Daggerfell, Morrowind, Oblivion, etc.). I love the huge interactive environments and first-person view on everything. The combat system wasn't all that great until Oblivion IMO, but Oblivion has one of the greatest combat systems I have ever seen, in my opinion.

• 3 months later...