Favorite RPG?

Nutz

Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft (it's rpg too xD) and ofcourse Jade Empire! :D

First RPG I played was with a crappy little tv and a PS1 Final Fantasy 8 and I was drooling on those "awesome graphics" then when I come to think of it the graphics aren't that nice, but the gameplay still rocks! (hope there will be a remake, I miss chasing chocobo's XD)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is as well Final Fantasy, no other game can beat this masterpiece of Square Enix (or like in the old times Sqauresoft xD) but I played the Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time, Majors Mask, Wind Waker and The Twilight Princess) too but it was never as good as Final Fantasy.

I started with Dragon Age just a few days ago and I must say that this game have really a great potential to be a nice Rpg.

My favorite, would have to be the Legaia series. Preferably, Legend of Legaia. I do ow both, one which a friend is borrowing and Legaia 2: Duel Saga is currently on the rack.

I dunno, I really enjoyed Legend of Legaia (one of my top ten games) but Legaia 2 was such a lame duck. It just doesn't hold a candle to the first, imo, so as a series it can't hold the top spot for me.

Right now, off the top of my head, I'd say Shadow Hearts (also in my top ten games) is the #1 contender.

FF overall is a great series, but they've really released some bombs that I just can't tolerate. FF12 didn't get played for more than 3 hours and that was just because I was being stubborn. To date, FF12 remains the only FF (console) game that hasn't been played all the way through. FF11 didn't even get a chance. FF mmorpg? No thanks. That's not what a Final Fantasy game should be.

Genso Suikoden sounds really good, like alot of people i'd have to stick with finalk fantasy because i [and most other people] grew up with it, though, i've disliked that the final fantasy universe is not connected, but i guess that refreshing the style, the look, the technology is part of the final fantasy franchise appeal

My favorite RPG series would have to be the one that got me my start in gaming.. No, not Final Fantasy (Everyone always says Final Fantasy...) Dragon warrior/Dragon Quest. Very first game I ever played was Dragon warrior on the NES, and I've been playing them ever since.

Second favorite.. Legend of Zelda. No explanation needed there ^_^