Kametsu Kombat [story]

The Joker

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got Oby? O_O

just my luck. well, good thing i fight dirty, eh?

And I iz gonna beh ready! Mwuahahaha!

yokie_1.gif

Wow, can't wait to see what will come out of this. xD But there is sth fishy here... >.> Mebbah he lied about name out of hat just to have an excuse when he kills meh... "Hey, it's not my fault!" Not mah #&$... >_x

Lolz, I just let mah imagination on loose, leave me be! >.<

• 4 weeks later...

Kametsu Kombat – Chapter 12 – The beasts of battle...

The day was all but done. All of the fighters had left and headed towards their rooms for the night, ready for the action that was to come. Random had thanked the chef’s for the excellent work, as well as the minions who had helped put the finishing touches to everything. For such small guys, they really worked hard. He was heading to his private quarters to rest. As he walked down the corridor, he sensed someone behind him. He stopped in his tracks. “Your reputation precedes you... Indy the Jackal” he said smugly as he turned around. Indy emerged from around the corner, clapping his hands slowly, the sound echoing all around them. “You knew I was following you? You’re very perceptive... And you even know who I am? I must admit, I’m impressed.” Indy said, folding his hands. Random grinned “It’s my business to know all about my fighters... even if they get someone to hack them into it”

Indy walked closer “So... you even knew about that. I guess nothing does get pass you.” Random laughed. “I more than knew about it... I made it certain by hiring the man most likely to be bribed to over-see the selection process! Oh, and thanks for taking care of that fool of a messenger, you saved me a whole lot of trouble.” Indy paused, this wasn’t adding up. “You wanted me in the tournament... why?”

Random stood his ground, and looked Indy right in the eyes. “I wanted to see if you were as skilled as the rumours said... and I haven’t been disappointed.” Indy glared. “So... you even know about this.” He said, removing a CD from his jacket pocket. Random’s focus did not fade. “Let me tell you something “Jubei”. You did a fine job creating this... identity for yourself, but taking the name and wealth of someone who died just to further your own ambitions... it’s almost my style”

Random’s gaze focused on the CD “And here I thought I removed all traces of my former identity... Still... at least I know you have what I want on your possession. That’s going to make things far easier for me.” Indy dropped into his fighting stance, CD still in his hand “If you think you can take me, then bring it on” Random shook his head “I never said I would be the one to fight you”

Indy barely had time to react as Oblivia’s leg slammed into his side. The shock and force of the attack made him lose his grip on the CD, and it slide across the floor, before stopping in front of Random. Oblivia jumped backwards and stood in-front of her employer. He bent down and picked up the CD as Indy struggled back to his feet “Dammit... breaking your own rules!”

“Far from it... check your watch” Random replied smugly. Indy glanced down. The time had passed midnight a few minutes ago. “Crap!” Indy thought to himself. There was a brief silence, before both Indy’s and Oblivia’s watches started bleeping “Battle will commence in 5 seconds” came a voice from the watch. Indy looked up to see Random disappearing around the corner. “Oblivia, you don’t need to hold back on this one!” He yelled before slipping out of sight.

“Hey... we don’t really need to do this right... we can split the money 50/50... whatd’ya say?” Indy asked. Oblivia merely drew her blade. “Guess I’ll take that as a no” he said, drooping back into his fighting stance. He’d seen how Oblivia had fought against Prince Marth, and knew that under-estimating her would be the biggest and almost certainly last mistake of his life.

Woohoo! *rushes out of the quarters to watch the fight* ^.^ come on where is the next chapter?? ^.^

I have to point out this though:

Indy barely had time to react as Oblivia’s leg slammed into his side. The shock and force of the attack made him lose his grip on the CD, and it slide across the floor, before stopping in front of Random. Oblivia jumped backwards and stood in-front of Random. He bent down and picked up the CD as Indy struggled back to his feet “Dammit... breaking your own rules!”

Instead of "stood in-front of Random." I think it would sound smoother written as " stood in-front of her employer." as you said "Random" in the line before it...

Kametsu Kombat – Chapter 13 – The Jackal howls...

Reijou awoke with a start. She’d only just started to fall asleep when a bright light and loud beeping awoke her. Glancing to her bedside table, she could see the words “Watch Live” had appeared across the screen. She starred at the words for a few moments, before the penny finally dropped. The first match was about to begin. Sitting up quickly, she grabbed the watch, and hit the button to access the live video feed. She knew that she would be a fool not to watch this match as it unfolded.

Indy was sweating, he’d never been so nervous before. All of the raids, all of the cons, everything he’d done in his life right up until this point had been a cakewalk for him. Now, he felt like he was staring death itself right in the face. He could feel the murderous intent flowing from this girl, her desire for blood was unmistakeable. “Right... focus Indy... you can do this...” his train of thought was interrupted as Oblivia disappeared from view. Appearing behind him, she swung her blade, aiming to take Indy’s head clean off his shoulders. Sensing the danger at the last second, Indy started to drop to the floor, launching a kick straight into Oblivia’s stomach, which pushed her back a few steps. Indy quickly rolled to his feet, and turned to face his foe. “That... was too close!” he thought to himself.

Oblivia charged in for another attack. Feinting to the right, she darted to the left at the last minute. Indy fell for the feint, and was sent flying backwards a good ten feet with a punch to the gut. As he slid along the ground, he saw Oblivia appear right beside him. Just managing to stop himself, he quickly rolled to the left, then the right, each time narrowly avoiding Oblivia’s blade as it pierced the floor. “Dammit... I need an opening!” Indy thought as he tried to avoid the blade again.

----------------------------------------------

Reijou was watching closely, the techniques that Oblivia was using were impressive. She’d heard tales of a swordswoman who never spoke, but always left a trail of death and destruction in her wake. Was it really this girl? Reijou was racking her brains, trying to remember what the name of the technique was called that she had just seen. She’d been taught it herself by her master, but couldn’t remember what it was called. Her thoughts, however, were interrupted by a yell of pain.

------------------------------------

Indy clutched his shoulder tightly. Oblivia’s blade had pierced right the way through the bone, and he was bleeding heavily. “Not now... I will not... lose...to this... kid!” he yelled, launching a strong punch into Oblivia’s face. Oblivia took the hit and barely reacted. Almost as if she had not felt it at all. “No... no way...” Indy whispered in shock. He’d put everything he had left into that attack, and it didn’t appear to have done anything. As he removed his fist from her face, he noticed blood seeping from Oblivia’s nose. The punch had broken it. Raising her hand just below above her lips, Oblivia pressed her fingers into the blood, then stared at her fingers.

Her lips began to tremble. “...” Oblivia appeared to mouth something. “Huh?” Indy said. “...” again, her mouth moved, but no sound was heard. “If you’re trying to say something, speak up” Indy said, backing up further still. He could see her whole body was shaking. “You... made me bleed!” Oblivia screamed, placing both hands on her Katana. Indy almost jumped back. He could feel the killing intent stronger than ever. Knowing that this fight was lost, he went to speak, to announce his surrender, yet no words emerged from his mouth. He felt strangely cold all of a sudden, and felt something trickle down the centre of his face. “Shit...” was all that ran through his mind, before his body split in two and fell to the floor. Oblivia had sliced him in clean in half.

Oblivia swung her blade, removing what little blood had been on it, before sheathing it and heading to Random’s room. Several minions appeared from the shadows, and began the process of removing Indy’s corpse and fixing the damage to the corridor.

-----------------------------------------

The video feed cut out, and a message appeared on the screen. “Death Blow. Oblivia Wins!” Reijou’s eyes were almost popping out of her head they were so wide. There was no doubt about it in her eyes. The one she’d been looking for after so many years... had finally surfaced. Grabbing her sword, she headed outside to train, a fire had been lit, and it would not be extinguished until she had her revenge.