Getting Back into ANime !

normalsomeplace

My anime viewing history is not that great. My entire watched anime would be Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, High School DXD (am not sure of which series),Attack on Titan , Death Note ,No game NO Life, SAO (Season 1) , Knights of Sidonia and that's it , as you can see when you type in good anime to watch in google I am pretty sure this list pops up. I want to expand my viewing base and genre . I am begging/open for suggestions . Ohh! and I tried MAL got some recommendations but I am looking for some recommendation from the community.

I'd love to recommend you something, but we got no Idea what you like, so it's kind of a shot in the dark. You've listed some anime in the opening post, but not said whether you liked those what you thought of them. Since you are looking for more anime, I assume you liked most of them, but maybe you really hated High School DxD, for example? Also, you mentiond that you want to branch out a bit more, genre-wise. What genre(s) most pique your interest? Romance, Mecha, Drama? A bit more info would make it easier to give you meaningful suggestions.

There's something I can tell you, tough: If you've only watched the first season of Knights of Sidonia, you don't need to bother with the second one, the show really falls apart there.

1 hour ago, normalsomeplace said:

Just checked out a short clip , space adventures , just awesome ! Recommendations are greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Its a lot more than just a space adventure.

Just let me know how it is when you're done ! 

Also .. Kametsu made a release of this show so you could get here.

Edited by emjay911

2 hours ago, blubbso said:

I'd love to recommend you something, but we got no Idea what you like, so it's kind of a shot in the dark. You've listed some anime in the opening post, but not said whether you liked those what you thought of them. Since you are looking for more anime, I assume you liked most of them, but maybe you really hated High School DxD, for example? Also, you mentiond that you want to branch out a bit more, genre-wise. What genre(s) most pique your interest? Romance, Mecha, Drama? A bit more info would make it easier to give you meaningful suggestions.

There's something I can tell you, tough: If you've only watched the first season of Knights of Sidonia, you don't need to bother with the second one, the show really falls apart there.

Sorry for not fully explaining  myself. I enjoyed every show listed above, and as for genres under every category "Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, High School DXD (am not sure of which series),Attack on Titan , Death Note ,No game NO Life, SAO (Season 1) , Knights of Sidonia" these fall under. I really enjoyed High School Dxd , even checked put the sequel s .

Not having a huge background in anime I found out season 2 of knights of sidonia good . What I really liked is the concept and animation of this show.

Ok, let's see... It seems like you enjoy combat-heavy shows and don't mind Mecha or lewdness. In terms of Mecha, I suppose the go-to recommendation would be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a ridiculously over-the-top action series that is also really well animated. Alternatively, you could try Code Geass, which sort of sits in between the mind games of Death Note an and the mecha action of TTGL. For some non-mecha action, you could try out Black Lagoon if you want guns, or Berserk for medieval sword fights. I'm not really into salacious anime, but maybe you'll like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance. I'd say thematically it is basically a carbon copy of Highschool DxD, even if the fight scenes may not be as polished.

13 minutes ago, normalsomeplace said:

Not having a huge background in anime I found out season 2 of knights of sidonia good . What I really liked is the concept and animation of this show.

Really? I thought the characters suddenly became so focused on themselves that it got in the way of the narrative. That would've been fine if they had used that time to develop the characters a little more, but by the end of it they were pretty much the way they were from the get-go. Maybe I'm not the ideal person to recommend you stuff :/

14 hours ago, blubbso said:

Ok, let's see... It seems like you enjoy combat-heavy shows and don't mind Mecha or lewdness. In terms of Mecha, I suppose the go-to recommendation would be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a ridiculously over-the-top action series that is also really well animated. Alternatively, you could try Code Geass, which sort of sits in between the mind games of Death Note an and the mecha action of TTGL. For some non-mecha action, you could try out Black Lagoon if you want guns, or Berserk for medieval sword fights. I'm not really into salacious anime, but maybe you'll like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance. I'd say thematically it is basically a carbon copy of Highschool DxD, even if the fight scenes may not be as polished.

Really? I thought the characters suddenly became so focused on themselves that it got in the way of the narrative. That would've been fine if they had used that time to develop the characters a little more, but by the end of it they were pretty much the way they were from the get-go. Maybe I'm not the ideal person to recommend you stuff :/

I have watched death note and I enjoyed it so much that I revist the the series every year , I even checked out the Japanese drama and the live action English movie as well along with it. I read good things about code geass and just 10 episodes in , it's mind blowingly  awsome , even the intro song.

Are you familar with that episode in "how I met your mother" in which the gang points each others annoying habits and glass pane breaks inside their mind. Literally the is going to happen to me the next time I watch knight of sidonia.

• 6 months later...
On 2/5/2018 at 5:34 PM, emjay911 said:

SO .. what are you watching now ?

Code Geass ? Decent show.

Any other shows ?

Sorry for the late reply.Finished Code Geass, Death Parade,SAO Ordinal Scale, and was watching some dubbed episodes of Pokemon for naostalguc reasons. Also checked out Initial D , thanks to DarkDream .

On 2/5/2018 at 5:34 PM, emjay911 said:

SO .. what are you watching now ?

Code Geass ? Decent show.

Any other shows ?

Sorry for the late reply.Finished Code Geass, Death Parade,SAO Ordinal Scale, and was watching some dubbed episodes of Pokemon for naostalguc reasons. Also checked out Initial D , thanks to DarkDream .