How was your day today?

Emotional Outlet

Headaches are terrible. I get them a lot.

Today I didn't have to go into the library due to the weather. We got a nice little rain-snow slush going on. It's all supposed to freeze overnight, which might mean either another day's closure or at least an hour's delay. And it was supposed to kill us, but weather reports always seem to get exaggerated to the max.

So I put the cats outside briefly, because Gertie likes to yell at me and demand I let her out. She was immediately frustrated by the slush.

Work is lame. I have no idea why I have to come in at noon, when the doctor I'm working with doesn't have any appointments until 4pm. Which means I have to find things to do that makes it look like I'm actually busy for four hours.

Although, after work, I'm going to get a long-overdue haircut, and possibly going to see Les Miserables again at the cheap theater.

So Spring Break is next week, and all of my teachers are setting up exams this week to get them out of the way. You know how it goes. Well my accounting one was today.  Last night I was like alright! I'm going to be a good and dedicated student by studying hard (I'm reeeeally bad at studying btw, aka lazy).  Well it's like 11:00pm and I study for an hour.  I'm like good good time to reward myself with a power nap. I figured I would study/sleep every hour.  Well...  That didn't happen... I wake up at 6:45 in the morning and my alarm clock is off.  Completely dead. I plug it in and plug it out and it's not working. OF ALL THE TIMES FOR IT TO BREAK IT BREAKS BEFORE AN EXAM. > :o  I'm just lucky I didn't oversleep or anything.  That would have been even worse.  So yeah took my accounting test. I probably did horrible. Oh and as I come home today, I whack the thing upside its head and it starts working again... I can never trust it again. ;_; Oh and almost forgot.  Saw and hugged someone I haven't seen in literally a year I think after my accounting test.  It made those negative feels feel more positive. :)

Also my sister moved out today.  This has been like the 4th or 5th time so far.  I've lost count.  She's either been kicked out, felt rebellious, boyfriend, (eek) husband, etc...  I do think this will be the last one though.  She finally has a good head on her shoulders.

Lastly. BY POPULAR DEMAND. With the terrorists!

I figure since I'm talking I'd go and put that up there.  Yes.  I was part of a Harlem Shake. Btw the donkey's name is Pepe if you must know. :3

Edited by lolrawr

@lolrawr, I don't know who's doing the mermaid/fish dance at 15-31s, but that guy is a legend!! Second to only Pepe, the greatest donkey ever.

So, like, I got to see around 20 million dollars today. That was pretty cool. (Not really, it was terrifying!) Also, I got a tour around the main floor at my work today. A girl walked into me then she fell on the floor. Nice work Breathless! Smoothest guy out. -  All in all though, pretty good day. But I have to go out in another like 2-3hours, no clue how I'm going to find any sleep.

Edited by Breathless

You should have caught her before she hit the ground, and then used some cheesy romance movie line on her to either make her laugh, or slap you depending on if she gets the reference or not. ^^

My day so far has been good. Downloaded some shows that the DVR deleted before I could watch them, got a roast cooking in the slow cooker, and it smells wonderful... And I'm about to go ahead and play killing floor for an hour or so. Because I like killing things on the floor.

• Like 1

Sleep in toilet stalls. It worked for me when I was on mission, haha.

I finally finished alphabetising the DVDs today. The librarian I work with told me the other volunteers didn't like the change in protocol, which made no sense to me. I was the only person who was working on putting the DVDs in order. It was me. I did it all. I did the hard work. All they have to do now is remember the alphabet and put Aliens after Alice. Like yes, it's totally convenient for the workers to not have the DVDs in order... but only the people putting them away. For the workers who have to pull DVDs, whether for request lists, weeding, or finding them for customers, it's a total pain to have to scour all six shelves the S DVDs fill for the one copy of Savages we have.

Otherwise it was pretty okay. I guess the network was down today, so they couldn't check out books electronically and customers couldn't use the computers.

Today I was tasked with helping the children's class. I came in all ready to do my normal business and I was immediately caught by one of the librarians.

It was a painting class about Maisy. I helped set up, gather supplies, and keep the tots in control. Afterwards, I just did the normal thing and help clean up the brushes, sponges, paints, and bowls. The librarian was like, "Oh my gosh, you're amazing, thanks a lot, our other volunteers always complain about helping". It really makes me wonder about the calbre of their volunteers if they can't conjure the motivation to do something that requires the basest amount of common courtesy.

Like they aren't even asking me to do a lot of stuff. After that I still had time to finish up the one other task I was given (shelve a display, divided between two baskets).

• Like 1

They should really hire you buy now EO, you practically work there now anyway lol. My day was alright, I slept in til 12, put the walking dead on and showered while listening to it thanks to having the tv up REALLY high and having a good memory for the show lol so I knew what was happening.

Then I got out and got a txt from my mother saying she was going into triage for surgery... So yeah, today is getting worse