Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

FTW!!! Zabuza and Haku are back!?? and here i was thinking they were doing it in the afterlife lol ;)

and it was nice to see that new version of naruto ... stacking up those blocks like a little kindergardener. i hope they include that form in the new game. and sasuke STILL hasnt has his blindfold taken off? meanwhile, we have zetsu here, zetsu there, zetsu everywhere!!!

oh well, i have to continue hoping that SOMEWHERE along the line, it'll start making sense again.

what doesnt make sense to you iki????

I swear, out of everyone here, you're points are always the most valid and interesting, I'm almost totally convinced the story will unfold as you predicted.

thanks, I don't usually write what I think here. Back when I started, it was about chapter 504, http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?p=63100#post63100

it was the one where Minato and Kushina finally seal the Kyuubi in Naruto. I made a few...comments...on how I think Masashi has lost all ability to write, and it more or less turned into a very...passionate...discussion. I tried to stick to pure logic and reason (and my opposites could only say, "you're posts are too long").

Now the problem here is that what I predicted there is the way the story will unfold if it was written logically from this point on. Given Masashi's track record, I can fully expect that he'll do something stupid. I mean think about...why would Kabuto resurect Zabuza and Haku. Zabuza, maybe, he was a Seven Swordsman, but Kabuto most likely would have never heard of Haku, so how in the hell/why is he there? Like I said back in my discussion on Chapter 504, bringing Haku back is a decision the author made, something that makes no sense at all in the context of the world he's writing in.

Hi everyone Raikagesama here with 517 of Naruto we get some interesting moments this chapter and i think its a really good chapter so enjoy and discuss http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/96649938/1

I find it funny that ppl actually think masashi doesnt now what he's writing anymore lol when hes the creator of the whole series lol and your looking for real life logic in a manga where animals talk. if you cant follow the story or whats going on go to http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Narutopedia and read the comprehensive up to date info on naruto. As I have said before if you follow naruto closely then everything thats happening makes sense.

Hi everyone Raikagesama here with 517 of Naruto we get some interesting moments this chapter and i think its a really good chapter so enjoy and discuss http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/96649938/1

I find it funny that ppl actually think masashi doesnt now what he's writing anymore lol when hes the creator of the whole series lol and your looking for real life logic in a manga where animals talk. if you cant follow the story or whats going on go to http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Narutopedia and read the comprehensive up to date info on naruto. As I have said before if you follow naruto closely then everything thats happening makes sense.

Huhh...I'll bite. Just because he's the creator of the series, doesn't mean that he automatically is infallible. As for following the story, I do read Narutopedia already. Okay, Raikage-sama, I will make you a promise. One Naruto-esque promise, a promise on my nindo. If you can respond to the following statement and somehow manage to convince me that Masashi is a believable author, then I will abandon this thread, and never bother you again.

Just in case someone reads this and doesn't know what's going on, back when Chapter 504 came out, I argued that Masashi had lost his touch. My reason for saying this is because 504 showed exactly what happened when Minato sealed the Fox into Naruto. However, it also showed that he had the motive (being Hokage), the means (a talking frog he summoned) and the opportunity (handed said frog "the key to the seal", on a piece of paper), and yet didn't let ANYONE know that it was Madara Uchiha who was behind it. Raikage-sama, when Masashi wrote that Minato didn't do this, he failed. There is no logical reason, no reason based on the character, that Minato would have stayed silent. Can you tell me why?

As for looking for logic in a story, in every single story throughout human history, even ones filled with magic and monsters, in the end, what is most important is the people. That they are human, that they act human and make decisions because they are human. The characters in Naruto are human. Kabuto is human. He was an agent of several people. When his benefactor, Orochimaru, died, he decided to take his power. He then decided to work for/with Madara, because that's his character, it's the way he acts. Obtain power, but make sure to work for someone greater than him, who'll protect him.

Why didn't Minato tell Jiraiya or Sarutobi about Madara? Answer that for me, in a way that makes sense, and I will just be a silent member of Kametsu.

Huhh...I'll bite. Just because he's the creator of the series, doesn't mean that he automatically is infallible. As for following the story, I do read Narutopedia already. Okay, Raikage-sama, I will make you a promise. One Naruto-esque promise, a promise on my nindo. If you can respond to the following statement and somehow manage to convince me that Masashi is a believable author, then I will abandon this thread, and never bother you again.

Masashi is nearly as bad as Tite Kubo when it comes to telling a story. They make up stuff then later decide to show what happened before the series started but then have to make it totally screwed up and not believable so that it will come out with the results needed to follow the story with how it progressed.

Sure Minato should have and would have said something had it have been thought of before the series. However as Masashi hadn't ever thought of those scenes till then the series played out as if he hadn't because Masashi wasn't even thinking of Minato and Madara at the beginning of the series meeting as such. It was simply the 9-tails attacked and the "4th" sacrificed himself to seal it within Naruto. Who happens to later be discovered it was his son. Masashi hadn't even planned ahead for his mother being there or anything until later into the series.

So yes, writing stories of events that happened before the series that he hadn't thought of when starting the series has lead to some unbelievable takes at the story but had he done it a little differently it would be rigged with plot holes like Bleach is.

No author seems invulnerable to writing mistakes whether it be doing or not doing something that is common sense or creating plot holes. If a series goes on too long its bound to have plenty of problems.

this series has been going for 11 years, almost as long as Dragon Ball and it's showing no signs of stopping just yet.

the problem with series that run as long as these is that you can't help but repeat yourself. a person can only have so many original ideas.

i read somewhere that they guy gets about $100,000 per manga. so, naturally, he wants to keep milking the cow as long as possible.

and i think what rikou is trying to say is that the characters don't have their characterness anymore. like kabuto knowing about Haku. that was a pretty big goof-up. the author has pretty much made it so that everyone can get any kind of information but has limited it for the good guys, so the fight can go on a little longer.

i also found it hard to believe the number of ninja troops these people have. if you remember correctly, at the end of Naruto : Part 1, the Sand village had suffered casualties and even in Part 2, they had to call in Leaf ninja cause they were understaffed, yet it seems everyone has an equal number of ninja in this stake.

it's these kinds of things that really frustrates me, like why all the kage's didn't just jump madara the second he appeared.

you can find all sorts of plot-holes everywhere, and by trying to fill up one of these, he just creates 2 more.

thats why i said, i hope it'll make some iota of sense somewhere down the road.

don't get me wrong, the story is still cool and all, what with the ninja war and everything, but it's reached that point where i've started reading naruto with a feeling "just get it over with" instead of my initial "what's gonna happen next?"

on a side note, what the hell is Sai's brother (Shin, was it?) doing on the field? didn't he die of some illness?

now, think about it, when a guy dies, he's buried right? and since he was a leaf ninja, he was buried in the Leaf village.

so, how did Kabuto get his hands on that body?!!! another plot hole.

this series has been going for 11 years, almost as long as Dragon Ball and it's showing no signs of stopping just yet.

the problem with series that run as long as these is that you can't help but repeat yourself. a person can only have so many original ideas.

i read somewhere that they guy gets about $100,000 per manga. so, naturally, he wants to keep milking the cow as long as possible.

and i think what rikou is trying to say is that the characters don't have their characterness anymore. like kabuto knowing about Haku. that was a pretty big goof-up. the author has pretty much made it so that everyone can get any kind of information but has limited it for the good guys, so the fight can go on a little longer.

i also found it hard to believe the number of ninja troops these people have. if you remember correctly, at the end of Naruto : Part 1, the Sand village had suffered casualties and even in Part 2, they had to call in Leaf ninja cause they were understaffed, yet it seems everyone has an equal number of ninja in this stake.

it's these kinds of things that really frustrates me, like why all the kage's didn't just jump madara the second he appeared.

you can find all sorts of plot-holes everywhere, and by trying to fill up one of these, he just creates 2 more.

thats why i said, i hope it'll make some iota of sense somewhere down the road.

don't get me wrong, the story is still cool and all, what with the ninja war and everything, but it's reached that point where i've started reading naruto with a feeling "just get it over with" instead of my initial "what's gonna happen next?"

on a side note, what the hell is Sai's brother (Shin, was it?) doing on the field? didn't he die of some illness?

now, think about it, when a guy dies, he's buried right? and since he was a leaf ninja, he was buried in the Leaf village.

so, how did Kabuto get his hands on that body?!!! another plot hole.

Just to fill you in on Sai's brother, the way the Resurrection Jutsu works "Before the technique can be performed, a living sacrifice must be found. The sacrifice's body is used as a vessel for the soul of whoever is being revived, with dirt and ash encasing them to resemble the original body of the person being resurrected. The end product is stored in a casket until summoned by the user". (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Resurrection). You apparently don't need the original body. Remember, he's brought back Sasori, and he destroyed his body to turn it into a puppet, which is now being used by Kankuro.

On a side note, anyone want me to start a rant on Bleach? No? Okay then.

Just in case someone reads this and doesn't know what's going on, back when Chapter 504 came out, I argued that Masashi had lost his touch. My reason for saying this is because 504 showed exactly what happened when Minato sealed the Fox into Naruto. However, it also showed that he had the motive (being Hokage), the means (a talking frog he summoned) and the opportunity (handed said frog "the key to the seal", on a piece of paper), and yet didn't let ANYONE know that it was Madara Uchiha who was behind it. Raikage-sama, when Masashi wrote that Minato didn't do this, he failed. There is no logical reason, no reason based on the character, that Minato would have stayed silent. Can you tell me why?

As for looking for logic in a story, in every single story throughout human history, even ones filled with magic and monsters, in the end, what is most important is the people. That they are human, that they act human and make decisions because they are human. The characters in Naruto are human. Kabuto is human. He was an agent of several people. When his benefactor, Orochimaru, died, he decided to take his power. He then decided to work for/with Madara, because that's his character, it's the way he acts. Obtain power, but make sure to work for someone greater than him, who'll protect him.

Why didn't Minato tell Jiraiya or Sarutobi about Madara? Answer that for me, in a way that makes sense, and I will just be a silent member of Kametsu.

Because he didnt have time to remember that time is moving alot faster than you think its moving but heres a very detailed explaination of the fox attack http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Nine-Tails%27_Attack_on_Konoha as for kabuto not knowing haku, who ever said he didnt know of haku or zabuza, Im sure the tail of the great naruto bridge a bridge thats named after naruto because of the battle with zabuza and haku so im sure and its implied because of the exploits of naruto that kabuto heard the tale of the naruto bridge and the two noble shonobi zabuza and haku that died that day. the author shouldnt have to spell everything out. its like wondering why magneto feels that humans should be exterminated and professor x doesnt when they went through many of the same trails and tribulations. you can say hey why doesnt magneto just destroy the humans and charles and everyone else who disagrees with him and start his own new world. also a bit of information that you might have not known when the manga goes on breaks sometimes its for kishi to research everything he's written about the manga which helps him tie together the plot. secondly if your that disappointed in the plot or you feel that kishi isnt writing up to your standards then dont read the manga or stop supporting him. I dont like the direction of bleach but you never hear me complaining about Tite or the storylines. All in all its a manga not rocket science it doesnt have to make sense to you its a fantasy world.

Because he didnt have time to remember that time is moving alot faster than you think its moving but heres a very detailed explaination of the fox attack http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Nine-Tails%27_Attack_on_Konoha as for kabuto not knowing haku, who ever said he didnt know of haku or zabuza, Im sure the tail of the great naruto bridge a bridge thats named after naruto because of the battle with zabuza and haku so im sure and its implied because of the exploits of naruto that kabuto heard the tale of the naruto bridge and the two noble shonobi zabuza and haku that died that day. the author shouldnt have to spell everything out. its like wondering why magneto feels that humans should be exterminated and professor x doesnt when they went through many of the same trails and tribulations. you can say hey why doesnt magneto just destroy the humans and charles and everyone else who disagrees with him and start his own new world. also a bit of information that you might have not known when the manga goes on breaks sometimes its for kishi to research everything he's written about the manga which helps him tie together the plot. secondly if your that disappointed in the plot or you feel that kishi isnt writing up to your standards then dont read the manga or stop supporting him. I dont like the direction of bleach but you never hear me complaining about Tite or the storylines. All in all its a manga not rocket science it doesnt have to make sense to you its a fantasy world.

Didn't you read what I wrote? About the means, motive and opportunity? About having a frog/toad there, and him (not) saying "Toad, tell Jiraiya, that this fox attack is all because of Madara Uchiha". He did have time. I will admit, though, I completely forgot about the Great Naruto Bridge bit, but still, if you think about it, why would Kabuto care to ressurect Haku? As I said, Zabuza was in the Bingo book, a renowned assassin, but no-one had ever heard of Haku.

Whatever...you failed. You didn't convince me. As I said last time, I have no indication that time is moving faster.

I know its a manga. Ever watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? That series barely makes sense, but in the end, the characters act according to their personalities. As wacky as that series is, the characters are never OOC (out of character).

Here, in Naruto, we have an author trying to write a somewhat serious story and leaving plot hole after plot hole. Its the one thing I've noticed about western literature vs japanese literature. Western literature tends to have a more cohesive plot, more attention paid to the finer details, but not as interesting a story or as fantastic a world. Whereas, japanese writers tend to create very interesting worlds, that really get me hooked, but in most cases fail at making sure the story sticks together on the little details. I mean, look at Naruto (story of a world full of magical ninjas) and Bleach (story of magical samurai in the afterlife), and both have huge issues that appear once you take five seconds to think about it.

Masashi is nearly as bad as Tite Kubo when it comes to telling a story. They make up stuff then later decide to show what happened before the series started but then have to make it totally screwed up and not believable so that it will come out with the results needed to follow the story with how it progressed.

Sure Minato should have and would have said something had it have been thought of before the series. However as Masashi hadn't ever thought of those scenes till then the series played out as if he hadn't because Masashi wasn't even thinking of Minato and Madara at the beginning of the series meeting as such. It was simply the 9-tails attacked and the "4th" sacrificed himself to seal it within Naruto. Who happens to later be discovered it was his son. Masashi hadn't even planned ahead for his mother being there or anything until later into the series.

So yes, writing stories of events that happened before the series that he hadn't thought of when starting the series has lead to some unbelievable takes at the story but had he done it a little differently it would be rigged with plot holes like Bleach is.

No author seems invulnerable to writing mistakes whether it be doing or not doing something that is common sense or creating plot holes. If a series goes on too long its bound to have plenty of problems.

Yeah, imagine if back when Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows was first published, Harry gets a flashback to the night his parents are murdered, and for some reason, say Sirius is there with James and Lily. It's a complete rewrite of the most important scene in that story's history, thus fucking up the entire story. Here the same thing happened.

Basically what should have been written is that

1) Either Sarutobi or one of the Elders (not Danzo, he's shown to have been in contact with Madara at least as early as the Uchiha Massacre) should have seen the brief fight of Minato vs Madara, and being explicity shown as not to be able to hear anything (maybe too far away) or just not there long enough, but is able to notice the Sharingan eye. Then later investigates and several Uchiha were (coincedentally) unaccounted for the time of the fight. This would mean the village leadership would have a legitimate reason to fear and suspect the Uchiha clan, although no hard evidence means they can't just arrest the entire clan out in the open.

2) Minato needed more to do. As the chapter is written, he has time to talk with his son and wife. While touching, I've explained before that he should have Hiraishined and got a doctor. With more to do, or maybe a panel explicitly stating that his barrier prevents Hiraishin, meaning while he would have a motive to get a doctor, he's UNABLE to.

3) Don't summon the toad. As I said, he could have told the toad to tell Jiraiya about Madara. Have the 'key to the seal' in his hand, that Sarutobi recovers, then gives to Jiraiya, and Minato literally not having the time or opportunity to scribble down It was Madara (which would take all of a couple of seconds.

4) Leave in Kushina's talk with Naruto. It's touching and doesn't break the storyline.

There, all loose ends wrapped up. Minato literally doesn't have the time or the ability to either ensure his wife's survival, or to reveal it was Madara. Sarutobi et al suspect the Uchiha clan, but as the earlier chapters as written stand, they don't know about Madara.

Its the one thing I've noticed about western literature vs japanese literature. Western literature tends to have a more cohesive plot, more attention paid to the finer details, but not as interesting a story or as fantastic a world. Whereas, japanese writers tend to create very interesting worlds, that really get me hooked, but in most cases fail at making sure the story sticks together on the little details.

well, that's not true. look at star wars, the guy did a pretty good series, then decided to do a 3 part prologue, which in my opinion was just dumb. it was full of holes of its own, like why the Duke just didn't kill Anakin off instead of throwing him in that gladiator-style arena.

also, i said this before but these kind of things happen when a series runs for this long. if you take a look at some of the shorter series like Higurashi, you'll find that the whole thing was wrapped up nicely with NO plot holes and finished in 52 episodes.

although, there are some long running series which retain their identity, like Samurai X and Ghost Hunter (Rurouni Kenshin and YuYuHakusho for non Animax guys)

well, that's not true. look at star wars, the guy did a pretty good series, then decided to do a 3 part prologue, which in my opinion was just dumb. it was full of holes of its own, like why the Duke just didn't kill Anakin off instead of throwing him in that gladiator-style arena.

also, i said this before but these kind of things happen when a series runs for this long. if you take a look at some of the shorter series like Higurashi, you'll find that the whole thing was wrapped up nicely with NO plot holes and finished in 52 episodes.

although, there are some long running series which retain their identity, like Samurai X and Ghost Hunter (Rurouni Kenshin and YuYuHakusho for non Animax guys)

I said TENDS. That means there are of course exceptions to the rule. I was thinking how Western literature (including books and TV/Movies) TEND to at least work on the finer details somewhat. I love the original Star Wars. Now just imagine what would have happened if it had been an anime. There would have six flashbacks, at least two emo avengers, and a J pop song, all before Uncle Owen bought the droids. I'm not saying this to disparage anime in any way, I love anime to bits, just that maybe Western work tends to concentrate on the story and gluing all the little pieces together vs Japanese shows that are more about the spectacle and the experience. I'm not perfect and I could be wrong, if I am please tell me and explain why.

this thing about western work concentrating on the story was definitely true a couple years back. i remember when i first saw Terminator 2 when i was 12 years old and the story blew my mind away.

but, these days, almost every movie that you see is derived from an older movie.

name one horror movie that has done things differently than "Nightmare on Elm Street" or "Friday the 13" ;

or one action movie that doesn't have a car scene along with several things exploding all over the place ;

or a dramatic movie in which the guy isn't divorced. (seriously, that guy, george clooney. all the movies i see of him, he's always divorced!)

the point that remains is there are some guys who have truly inspirational ideas and write them and there are assholes who just wanna make money and watch some old stuff and rape the hell out of it.

i don't think there's anyone who would say that naruto didn't start off good, what with all the ninja training and the new style of writing about ninja that Masashi gave to the readers.

I think the only reason those earlier western works were so good was because they were short i.e. limited into a timespan of 2-3 hours, otherwise i have read some of the star wars fanfic and it SUCKS way beyond what Masashi is doing in Naruto atm.

but, that's just me. everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Didn't you read what I wrote? About the means, motive and opportunity? About having a frog/toad there, and him (not) saying "Toad, tell Jiraiya, that this fox attack is all because of Madara Uchiha". He did have time. I will admit, though, I completely forgot about the Great Naruto Bridge bit, but still, if you think about it, why would Kabuto care to ressurect Haku? As I said, Zabuza was in the Bingo book, a renowned assassin, but no-one had ever heard of Haku.

Whatever...you failed. You didn't convince me. As I said last time, I have no indication that time is moving faster.

I know its a manga. Ever watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? That series barely makes sense, but in the end, the characters act according to their personalities. As wacky as that series is, the characters are never OOC (out of character).

Here, in Naruto, we have an author trying to write a somewhat serious story and leaving plot hole after plot hole. Its the one thing I've noticed about western literature vs japanese literature. Western literature tends to have a more cohesive plot, more attention paid to the finer details, but not as interesting a story or as fantastic a world. Whereas, japanese writers tend to create very interesting worlds, that really get me hooked, but in most cases fail at making sure the story sticks together on the little details. I mean, look at Naruto (story of a world full of magical ninjas) and Bleach (story of magical samurai in the afterlife), and both have huge issues that appear once you take five seconds to think about it.

did you read the link i put up???!!! if you didnt please go back and read and comprehend it, matter of fact here i'll do it for you since your to lazy to do it on your own, anybody with half a brain can understand that things are happening faster than they appear. Minato arrived at the village, and was horrified at the destruction. Just as the Nine-Tails was about to fire another blast at the village, Minato summoned Gamabunta to hold off the Nine-Tails for a moment. Minato then teleported himself and the Nine-Tails away from the village, letting the blast detonate without anyone hurt. He met up with Kushina, who then held down the Nine-Tails with her chakra. When Kushina told Minato of her plan to take the Nine-Tails to the grave with her, Minato came up with a plan of his own, knowing that the Nine-Tails, without a host, would eventually be revived and become a threat to Konoha again. In order to prevent this, Minato planned to seal the Yin half of the Nine-Tails' chakra within himself using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, sacrificing his life in the process. Since it was impossible for him to seal all of the Nine-Tail's chakra within himself, Minato needed to use the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style to seal the Yang half into Naruto. Another reason Minato did this was because he believed Madara would be a harbinger of a great disaster in the coming future, and that Naruto would some day need the Nine-Tails' power in order to stop him. Minato also planned to sealed away a piece of his and his wife's chakra within their son. This would serve as both a final safeguard to prevent the Nine-Tails from breaking free and to assist Naruto during any future attempt to take full control of the Nine-Tails' chakra.

When Hiruzen and a few other shinobi finally caught up to Minato, they found Minato, Kushina, and the Nine-Tails inside of a barrier. Kushina, against using their son as a host, tried to reason with Minato to live and be there to raise Naruto, but Minato convinced her that his sacrifice was not only for the village's sake, but for Naruto's as well. While Kushina held down the Nine-Tails, Minato sealed away half of the Nine-Tails' chakra within himself, causing the Nine-Tails to decrease dramatically in size. Soon after, Minato summoned the throne needed for the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style and placed Naruto onto it. Realizing that it was about to be sealed again, the Nine-Tails tried to kill Naruto. Both Kushina and Minato stepped in front of Naruto to stop the claw from reaching him, having it pierce through their bodies instead. As Minato gave Gerotora the key to the seal, Kushina told Naruto how she wanted him to live, to never forget who he was, and how she loved him. Minato told Naruto to listen to his talkative mother, then proceeded to seal the Nine-Tails into his son. If you cant understand and comprehend whats going on then your honestly not trying to but ok sense your looking for real life logic. when you are battling or in a life or death situation you might not think of every logical move you could make you do the best you can to get out of the situation or make the best of the situation. And sense you keep harping on he didnt try to tell anyone about madara YOUR WRONG he did try read here Minato arrived in the early stages of the Nine-Tails' attack. After protecting the village from its massive chakra blast, Minato tried to reach the Third Hokage to inform him of what had happened. He was stopped by Madara, who tried to send him away. Minato escaped but was followed by Madara. When the two began fighting, Minato struggled to hit Madara, Madara being intangible whenever he was not currently attacking. By carefully timing his Flying Thunder God Technique, Minato was able to strike him during one of these rare moments and apply a seal for the Flying Thunder God Technique to him, allowing him to teleport to Madara whenever he wanted. He placed a Contract Seal on Madara to remove the Nine-Tails from his control, forcing Madara to flee. Maybe you should take the VARK test.