Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/File:Minato_and_Kushina_protecting_Naruto.png so with a huge hole in his chest maybe he had two option use the last remaining bit of his chakra to finish sealing the fox, summon gerotora, and save his final words for his son or use the last remaining bit of his chakra to finish sealing the fox, summon gerotora and use your final words to tell gerotora that a man in a mask was responsible for this, (which already was assumed that it was madara but remember when the fourth asked him if he was madara he didnt speak.) so if were using real life logic and were putting ourselves in the fourths shoes whats the best option if your a father. logically would you not want to tell your son goodbye in that situation and remember you have only so much time to get everything done because theres a huge hole in you. The fourth summoned gerotora after having a whole put in him by the fox.

ok, time for me to step into this AGAIN.

Calm down both of you take a deep breath and think before you type, you are both coming across as fighting again. please remember it is just a manga/anime it is not real.

mae i didnt start it. rikuo did here

thanks, I don't usually write what I think here. Back when I started, it was about chapter 504, http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?p=63100#post63100

it was the one where Minato and Kushina finally seal the Kyuubi in Naruto. I made a few...comments...on how I think Masashi has lost all ability to write, and it more or less turned into a very...passionate...discussion. I tried to stick to pure logic and reason (and my opposites could only say, "you're posts are too long").

Now the problem here is that what I predicted there is the way the story will unfold if it was written logically from this point on. Given Masashi's track record, I can fully expect that he'll do something stupid. I mean think about...why would Kabuto resurect Zabuza and Haku. Zabuza, maybe, he was a Seven Swordsman, but Kabuto most likely would have never heard of Haku, so how in the hell/why is he there? Like I said back in my discussion on Chapter 504, bringing Haku back is a decision the author made, something that makes no sense at all in the context of the world he's writing in.

and i guess he gets a free pass to do because of his donations because everytime koby agrees with him he feels like his view is right and he donates more money. but I'll stop because you asked. i just feel that if something doesnt make sense to you then why would you continue to comment and read about a subject that makes no sense to you. Once again its a Manga not Rocket Science.

mae i didnt start it. rikuo did here.. and i guess he gets a free pass to do because of his donations because everytime koby agrees with him he feels like his view is right and he donates more money. but I'll stop because you asked. i just feel that if something doesnt make sense to you then why would you continue to comment and read about a subject that makes no sense to you. Once again its a Manga not Rocket Science.

I am telling both of you Raikagesama, and no, RikuoAmero will not get a "free pass" as you put it. Even the donators, uploaders, Smods, Admin all have to follow the rules.

If the... fighting continues, I will be closing the thread and sending you both warnings.

If something someone says offends you, walk away for ten minutes get a drink whatever and comeback one you have calmed down then reply.

(That is BOTH of you.)

As to the other part: I ask questions and debate (CALMLY) that persons opinion. But as I had stated before, it is a manga/anime, try not to take it to heart RikuoAmero and Raikagesama.

Hey Raikagesama,

While I still believe Minato should have told the toad to tell Jiraiya about Minato, from the way you replied, you I supposed half-convinced me that maybe Minato didn't have enough time, and did want to save his last words for his son.

Besides, I got what I wanted. Everyone else here was complaining that my posts were too long. So I knew if I directly challenged you, you would have a long post too, to put forward your point of view. You're the first person I can discuss Naruto with: my best friend did introduce me to it, but has since moved on. That was what I was doing, I was hoping to have a Naruto debate partner. Glad to see you passed the test, and I look forward to debating Naruto with you in the future.

As for my constant donations, call it ego-stroking. I come from a poor background and it makes me feel better about myself when I can just up and donate now that I have an income.

As for why I read Naruto, as I said before, I hope that one day Masashi will one day have everything make sense. Plus its not the first time I've studied that makes no sense: ever study the Irish language for thirteen years, despite the fact that no-one in this god-forsaken country speaks it? Its an exercise in futility, my friend.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/File:Minato_and_Kushina_protecting_Naruto.png so with a huge hole in his chest maybe he had two option use the last remaining bit of his chakra to finish sealing the fox, summon gerotora, and save his final words for his son or use the last remaining bit of his chakra to finish sealing the fox, summon gerotora and use your final words to tell gerotora that a man in a mask was responsible for this, (which already was assumed that it was madara but remember when the fourth asked him if he was madara he didnt speak.) so if were using real life logic and were putting ourselves in the fourths shoes whats the best option if your a father. logically would you not want to tell your son goodbye in that situation and remember you have only so much time to get everything done because theres a huge hole in you. The fourth summoned gerotora after having a whole put in him by the fox.

He summoned the toad after he got a hole in his chest? Hmmm, okay, I admit I was wrong there. I must have mis-remembered that part, I was thinking that he summoned the toad BEFORE getting skewered.

There, I admit I was wrong. That list of plot-holes I made before still hands however, unless someone wants to correct me?

And this isn't fighting, Talene, the name of this thread is Latest Manga Discussion. Think of it as a heated debate. I actually started debating like this because as I went through the thread the first time, there was no serious discussion, just things like "This chapter is awesome" etc, no real critiquing. However, if you want me to tone it down, I'll try my best, but no promises. If I see a goof-up of Masashi's, I will say it, but anyone is free to correct me.

Hey Raikagesama,

While I still believe Minato should have told the toad to tell Jiraiya about Minato, from the way you replied, you I supposed half-convinced me that maybe Minato didn't have enough time, and did want to save his last words for his son.

Besides, I got what I wanted. Everyone else here was complaining that my posts were too long. So I knew if I directly challenged you, you would have a long post too, to put forward your point of view. You're the first person I can discuss Naruto with: my best friend did introduce me to it, but has since moved on. That was what I was doing, I was hoping to have a Naruto debate partner. Glad to see you passed the test, and I look forward to debating Naruto with you in the future.

As for my constant donations, call it ego-stroking. I come from a poor background and it makes me feel better about myself when I can just up and donate now that I have an income.

As for why I read Naruto, as I said before, I hope that one day Masashi will one day have everything make sense. Plus its not the first time I've studied that makes no sense: ever study the Irish language for thirteen years, despite the fact that no-one in this god-forsaken country speaks it? Its an exercise in futility, my friend.

very well my friend. Dont think i didnt see your points i did i just felt that you wasnt trying to understand my points but there is no hard feelings. We all as human beings are entitled to our own opinions and feelings. So if you feel i disrespected you in any way i apologise.

i agree. sasori and deidara were beaten WAY too easily.

you do realise that the first time they met, sasori wiped the floor with kankuro and now, just a few months after that encounter, kankuro is a puppet master on a level of his own.

the plot holes keep coming.

though, i liked the part where sai resolved his feelings with his brother from Root.

i agree. sasori and deidara were beaten WAY too easily.

you do realise that the first time they met, sasori wiped the floor with kankuro and now, just a few months after that encounter, kankuro is a puppet master on a level of his own.

the plot holes keep coming.

though, i liked the part where sai resolved his feelings with his brother from Root.

actually it hasnt been a few months sense that time i would say a year has passed since he first encountered sasori and sasori had been beaten before and the fact that it wasnt his real body all adds to why they were beaten. Kankuro has become a renowned ninja in his own right he wasnt just given the position as captain because he's garra's brother.

It was a good chapter, but

akatsuki guys lost so easily... Since when did they knew about deidara's weakness to lightning anyway? And also it looks like souls can be actually freed which is kinda stupid desition unfortunetly by kishi

:(

Oh well atleast that's something :)

deidara is a earth user so common sense says he is weak against lightning this has all been explained before. particularly the sora filler that everyone hates so much. but heres how it works, There are five basic types into which the nature of chakra can be transformed, called the Five Elements Nature Transformations (五大性質変化, Godai Seishitsu Henka). These five types are also called elements and are not only the origin of the names of the Five Great Shinobi Countries, but also the foundation of all elemental ninjutsu.[3] The five basic natures are all connected to each other in a circle, each being weaker than one and stronger than another.

These elements allow for elemental ninjutsu to be performed:

Fire (火, Hi) natured chakra allows for Fire Release (火遁, Katon), which is strong against Wind but weak against Water.

Wind (風, Kaze) natured chakra allows for Wind Release (風遁, Fūton), which is strong against Lightning but weak against Fire.

Lightning (雷, Kaminari) natured chakra allows for Lightning Release (雷遁, Raiton), which is strong against Earth but weak against Wind.

Earth (土, Tsuchi) natured chakra allows for Earth Release (土遁, Doton), which is strong against Water but weak against Lightning.

Water (水, Mizu) natured chakra allows for Water Release (水遁, Suiton), which is strong against Fire but weak against Earth.

Basically, this means that if an elemental jutsu is put against an elemental jutsu of the same level, but of a stronger nature, then the jutsu with the superior nature will prevail. However, a jutsu with a weaker nature can overpower a jutsu with a stronger nature if the former is of a higher level. In general, every person has chakra that has an affinity towards one of these types, a characteristic that seems to be genetic, since whole clans sometimes share the same affinity. Most members of the Uchiha clan, for example, had an affinity towards the Fire nature.[3]

To find out what affinity someone has, pieces of paper made from a special type of tree (that are grown and fed with chakra) are used that react to even the slightest hint of chakra in any of a number of ways, depending on the nature latent in the chakra.[4]

The Chakra Paper reactions are as follows:

Fire: the Paper will ignite and turn to ash.

Wind: the Paper will split in two.

Lightning: the Paper will wrinkle.

Earth: the Paper will turn to dirt and crumble away.

Water: the Paper will become wet/damp.

This affinity makes it easier to learn how to create and control the nature in question, although even with an affinity this process will usually take any number of years. Shinobi are not limited to the nature they have an affinity to, though. By the time they reach the rank of Jōnin, most shinobi have mastered two natures. However, because of the difficulty of mastering a nature and the time required to learn it, it is almost impossible to master all five natures in a normal way. However, people who are born with the Rinnegan possess all the elements, while Kakuzu got them by stealing the hearts, and chakra, of others.

"Kankuro has become a renowned ninja in his own right he wasnt just given the position as captain because he's garra's brother."

Have to disagree with you there, friend. Kankuro has barely appeared in the manga, and after reading Narutopedia, whenever he was on, he didn't exactly cover himself with glory either. I'm not saying he's a terrible ninja, but the Sand Siblings are a problem in Naruto.

Gaara is the Fifth Kazekage, which is insane given the history Masashi showed us. He was reviled and made an outcast by his people, which turned him into a monster, who killed for lulz. Naruto smacks him one, and next time we see him (after the Rescue Sasuke arc), he's suddenly the leader of his village? Why? It would take years or the world's greatest PR agent to give him the image and reputation to even think of leading the village. Plus, he wouldn't have the necessary skills: all he did in the Chuunin Exams (where you have to prove you're not a beginner ninja anymore) is stand around. He never would learn finance or law or the hundred different things a kage must know. The only reason I can think of is the Rule of Cool: in that its cool for the Sand-wielding Demon Container to be the new Kage, so it doesn't exactly have to be logical but still...

As for Kankuro and Temari, both made Jonin pretty quickly. They both lost in the Chuunin exams (Kankuro didn't even fight, and when he actually did, lost). So what I get a sense of here is that the Sand Village was badly weakened by the aborted invasion, so promoted the Siblings to show off an image of strength.

I forget what the exact term is in literature, but basically we're told "By the way, Kankuro and Temari are Jonin" but never shown why or how. It's a lazy way of story telling, "Character A is Awesome, just go with it". I'm not gonna go mad on the whole Jonin promotion since space is limited in the manga and neither of the two are major characters.

Lastly, "just for being Gaara's brother?" Naruto is replete with related characters who achieve greatness

1) Hashirama + Tobirama + Tsunade Senju - All Hokages

2) Hiruzen + Asuma Sarutobi - Hokage and Fire Daimyo Guardian respectively

3) Minato Namikaze + Naruto - One's Hokage, the other's the titular character

4) Madara, Fugaku, Itachi, Sasuke Uchiha - Greatest Uchiha ever, clan leader, clan killer and Sannin's apprentice, respectively

5) Sakumo + Kakashi Hatake - Comparable to the Sannin, and strongest Jonin in the Village respectively

6) Fourth Kazekage + Sand Siblings - No explanation needed

7) Fourth Raikage + Killer Bee

8) Plus whoever else is in this pattern

The simplest way to explain it would be to say this. even though all of kankuro's exploits have not been shown in the manga would we knowing the world of naruto and the context of how the ninja villages work say that because kankuro hasnt been shown that means his character is not doing anything and is just in limbo as a character or do we assume that he is going on missions training added to his technique when he isnt seen in the manga or anime im going to go with the later. I know he hasnt been seen but its crazy to think that he wasnt training or going on missions when he wasnt seen. and if we remember correctly when he was chosen a good number of ninja had heard of him and his exploits. and as for the characters you have mentioned that are related they have all proven to be renowned ninja they havent just made it off blood alone and thats what i was getting at with that statement he just proved in the fight against the akastki that he is a great ninja in his own right not just garra's brother. "Gaara is the Fifth Kazekage, which is insane given the history Masashi showed us. He was reviled and made an outcast by his people, which turned him into a monster, who killed for lulz. Naruto smacks him one, and next time we see him (after the Rescue Sasuke arc), he's suddenly the leader of his village? Why? It would take years or the world's greatest PR agent to give him the image and reputation to even think of leading the village." The reason gaara is because of his extrordinary skill and his dedication to the sand village and that he is the most skilled shinobi of the village. While Gaara had initially tried to be friendly towards others, despite their fear of him, Yashamaru's actions and words changed him. Realizing that nobody loved him, Gaara used his sand to create the kanji on his forehead "love" (愛, ai), as a symbol of a "demon loving only himself", and to live up to his name, as Karura intended. Gaara became emotionally withdrawn, all but silent, and consumed with a bitter loathing for everyone but himself and "Mother", the voice of Shukaku in his head. He learned to find pleasure, and eventually a reason to live, in annihilating the numerous assassins sent to kill him – and, by extension, anyone who threatened his existence. This was only worsened by the occasional demand by Shukaku for blood to sate its blood lust, which resulted in Gaara being merciless, demonstrated when he murdered Baiu and Midare while ignoring their pleas.

Gaara's insomnia, forced upon him by the fear that the demon inside him would eat away at him if he were to fall asleep, only furthered his instability and desire to kill. In fact, his hatred extends to his siblings, as he never saw them as such, and was fully willing to kill them were they to cross him. In time, Gaara's father would come to appreciate Gaara and the uses he could serve, and canceled all assassination orders in the hopes that Gaara would become an effective tool. Gaara's childhood was, in many ways, similar to Naruto Uzumaki's, though more unfortunate due to his lack of anyone to call a friend. Both were lonely and desired to be liked, loved, and acknowledged as an individual, free of others' prejudices — they were themselves, not the demons they were forced to "contain" — and both were driven into a desperate state. While Naruto consequently developed the misconception that pranks and mischief would bring him the attention he sought, Gaara came to the conclusion that he could preserve and confirm his own existence by killing any and all who challenged it, securing an extreme form of existentialism as his key personality trait. In the absence of others' acknowledgment, he could compensate by valuing only himself to the exclusion of everyone else. Furthermore, while Naruto eventually had Iruka Umino and Team Kakashi to acknowledge him, Gaara never had anyone to bond with, not even his father or siblings, as they all despised and feared Shukaku that dwells within him. The person who was closest to being friendly with Gaara was the deceitful Yashamaru, who ultimately betrayed him, which turned Gaara into a lonely sociopath. As such, Gaara did not understand the concept of fighting for anything other than himself until his confrontation with Naruto.

After being defeated by Naruto, Gaara was shocked to find that Naruto knew very well the pain that Gaara had endured all his life. He was even more surprised that Naruto never gave up hope on being acknowledged as a person and ultimately found friends who truly cared for him. Seeing the determination that Naruto had to protect his friends made Gaara question his own path in life. Realizing that he gave up too easily, Gaara decided to follow Naruto's path, wishing to become Kazekage of Sunagakure so he could be connected to his people, and hopefully have them finally acknowledge his existence as a person. Over the next few years, Gaara's determination to find happiness became apparent from his decision to rely on his own power rather than his inner demon's. Gaara eventually formed a close friendship with Naruto. Since Gaara has become a close companion to Naruto, he has been able to change people's personalities towards him, such as Matsuri overpowering her fear of weapons, Ōnoki in the Five Kage Summit, persuaded practically the whole shinobi nation as a team before the war, and even Naruto himself when reflecting upon what he will choose to do as Sasuke's friend. This seems to be a similar trait from Naruto, a way of showing how he has changed from before.

Although he remained ruthless against his opponents, Gaara appears extremely protective of his allies and innocent people, as seen when he protected his village from Deidara; and his siblings, Darui and even the Raikage against Sasuke. He also appears to deeply understand those who have suffered from loneliness and hatred in the past by the look in their eyes, such as Naruto, Kimimaro, and even Sasuke. As a Kage, Gaara believes that the former ideals that each village must mind their own business and solve their own problems without having to ask for the aid of others in order to keep appearance and honor, is a "ridiculous old-fashioned thinking" and that cooperation between the villages is fundamental in order to defeat Akatsuki. In the filler before shippuden it gives a back story on how the village came to respect gaara so much in fact that when gaara was fighting deidara that ppl cheered for him and believed in his abilities. kind of like when naruto saved the hidden leaf village. if were gonna critize gaara for being kazekage then we got to critize naruto for wanting to be hokage and the ppl for changing their perception of naruto because they hated him just as much as the sand ppl hated gaara.

i just don't get the point of making a noob like Kankuro leader.

i mean, i approve of appointing Kakashi as a leader cuz he has experiece and all so in case of the Sand village, why not appoint the guy that trained the Sand Siblings (i forgot his name)

and you still haven't answered one simple thing - that how a guy gets his ass handed to him by a guy even a year ago and then one year later, wipes the floor with him.

seems like the kind of thing DBZ did but at least they showed us Goku training in the Time Chamber of Gravity Room or whatever. they didn't just fast forward to one year later and have the fight then and there.

Hey Raikagesame, sorry I haven't replied for two days.

First off, those examples of what Gaara's done, they occur after he becomes Kazekage, they mean nothing to me because we're not shown what he did before he became Kazekage.

I mean, think like a human for once. Imagine if your (Insert Favourite Politician here) acted like a sociopath, goes off to war, and comes back the next day saying he's gonna run for President? Would you vote for him?

As for being the strongest ninja - there's a difference between strength and skill. Okay, his chakra levels are stronger than any other sand ninja because of his demon, but he wouldn't be the most skilled. Both Rock Lee and Naruto figured out ways to beat him, and they're morons. As I said, Gaara didn't do anything during the Chuunin exams, just stood there. Its only when he fought against Deidara that he actively fought, rather than acting purely defensively.

Also please explain to me that filler you mentioned, does it actually show Gaara becoming Kazekage, or doing good deeds.

As for Kankuro, of course I'd expect him to be training. Its just that to a reader, whenever we see him, he doesn't exactly cover himself in glory. And then, he becomes leader of a whole division, just like Kakashi. We know about Kakashi, what he's done and what he's capable of, so we don't question him being given a command position. I'm like that Omoi guy, I was saying to myself "WTF? What has Kankuro/Gaara done to show he's got the skills to be in command?"

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they made Gaara Kazekage out of fear, it made it easier to keep an eye on him and everything, yada yada. As for his brother, well Gaara could have simply gave him that rank because he has the ability to right? Anyways the story isn't focused on the Sand village, thus why it doesn't really tell or show of their progress. What if we were never shown the Sand village or the Sand siblings ever until now? Would you still question why they were made leaders? Of course there could be reasons why they shouldn't or couldn't fit the bill, but then there has to be a reasoning for it as well. Gaara being able to be Kazekage renewed Naruto's belief that he could one day become the Hokage. My point is though, the story doesn't focus on the Sand so shit happens that we don't see happen.

Hey Raikagesame, sorry I haven't replied for two days.

First off, those examples of what Gaara's done, they occur after he becomes Kazekage, they mean nothing to me because we're not shown what he did before he became Kazekage.

I mean, think like a human for once. Imagine if your (Insert Favourite Politician here) acted like a sociopath, goes off to war, and comes back the next day saying he's gonna run for President? Would you vote for him?

As for being the strongest ninja - there's a difference between strength and skill. Okay, his chakra levels are stronger than any other sand ninja because of his demon, but he wouldn't be the most skilled. Both Rock Lee and Naruto figured out ways to beat him, and they're morons. As I said, Gaara didn't do anything during the Chuunin exams, just stood there. Its only when he fought against Deidara that he actively fought, rather than acting purely defensively.

Also please explain to me that filler you mentioned, does it actually show Gaara becoming Kazekage, or doing good deeds.

As for Kankuro, of course I'd expect him to be training. Its just that to a reader, whenever we see him, he doesn't exactly cover himself in glory. And then, he becomes leader of a whole division, just like Kakashi. We know about Kakashi, what he's done and what he's capable of, so we don't question him being given a command position. I'm like that Omoi guy, I was saying to myself "WTF? What has Kankuro/Gaara done to show he's got the skills to be in command?"

Gaara became kazekage during the time that naruto was off with jaraiya so the information does fit and the reason for gaara actions as a bad guy so to speak if you read what i put up was because of the tail beast inside of him and once again he didnt just murder ppl from the sand village he only murdered the assassins sent after him by his father. and the reason that the villagers were scared of him is because the beast that was inside him. Thats why i say its important to watch the anime and read the manga because it helps bring the story all together especially some of the filler episodes that ppl hate so much. read this..... Gaara is the son of the Fourth Kazekage, and the younger brother of Temari and Kankurō. Before Gaara's birth, his father ordered Chiyo to seal the One-Tailed Shukaku within him, in hopes that Gaara would become the ultimate weapon for Sunagakure. Because a sacrifice was needed, Gaara's mother, Karura, was used. Before she died, Karura cursed Sunagakure, hoping Gaara would avenge her death. Gaara was trained by his father, but raised mainly by his maternal uncle, Yashamaru.

Because of the power of Shukaku, the villagers of Suna hated and feared Gaara, seeing him only for the monster sealed within him. For a time, Yashamaru seemed to be the only person who cared about Gaara. When Gaara would mistakenly harm others due to the subconscious abilities granted to him by Shukaku, Yashamaru would be the only one who understood that Gaara hadn't intended to harm anyone. Gaara's father, however, did not see Gaara in the same light, and viewed Gaara's frequent attacks upon villagers as a result of a failed experiment that was a threat to Suna.

Because of the danger Gaara imposed, his father began sending assassins to kill him, though when all attempts were met with failure, the Kazekage requested Yashamaru to kill Gaara. As a result, Yashamaru tried to assassinate Gaara, only to fail just as those before him. Gaara dealt a lethal blow to him. But when Gaara realized that it was Yashamaru, he was horrified, and screamed, before bursting into tears. Although Gaara tried to dismiss Yashamaru's attack as an order of the Kazekage, Yashamaru corrected him, by saying that he had willingly accepted the mission. Having never truly loved Gaara, Yashamaru hoped that killing Gaara would avenge the death of his sister, who had named Gaara after the phrase "a self-loving carnage" (我を愛する修羅, Ware wo ai suru shura), a sign of her intense hatred for Suna, not as love for her son. In the last ditch effort to kill Gaara, Yashamaru detonated a number of exploding tags covering his body, asking Gaara to "please die". Using his sand, Gaara survived the blast, and lost the only person he thought had cared for him. Gaara then used his sand to etch the kanji for love (愛, ai) onto his forehead, indicating his first actual injury. Since this incident, Gaara became an aloof and cruel person who would kill anyone to prove his existence and to obtain recognition from the village, all the while forfeiting his desire for friendship. Having become the Fifth Kazekage during the gap in time between Part I and II, Gaara was targeted by Akatsuki, who sought to extract Shukaku from within him. Gaara held his own against Deidara, crushing Deidara's left arm and had him on the run for most of the battle, but his inevitable duty to protect Sunagakure was taken advantage of by Deidara, by threatening to drop one of his most powerful bombs on the village. Gaara prevented any damage being inflicted by summoning a vast amount of sand to cover it entirely, albeit at the cost of practically all of his remaining chakra, which left him open for capture. Being unconscious, he was taken to Akatsuki's hideout by Deidara. The filler that i am refering to is known as the ultimate weapon arc and it occurs right before naruto goes off with jaraiya read here.......The Sand Siblings would later appear when they became teachers at a Konoha-style ninja academy at Suna. As an instructor, Gaara took on the only student who was willing to train under him, Matsuri. Because of Matsuri's fear of weapons, Gaara trained her to use a jōhyō, a relatively non-lethal weapon. When a group of people called the Four Celestial Symbols Men kidnapped her in order to get to Gaara, Suna then called for aid from the Konoha 11 to repay their help during the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

Gaara first fought Suiko, then he caught and attacked the Four Celestial Symbols Men leader, Hōki, but was captured. Naruto tries desperately to save Gaara, though nothing would work. To escape, Gaara did a partial Shukaku transformation, reviving the Takumi Village's ultimate weapon, Seimei. Gaara later destroyed Seimei with Ultimately Hard Absolute Attack: Spear of Shukaku, and killed him with a Sand Waterfall Imperial Funeral.

After this, Gaara rests in the Konoha hospital, and overhears Naruto's conversation with Jiraiya. Gaara and the rest of the siblings, including Matsuri, leave Konohagakure. So it boils down to him earning the villagers trust he went to save his student, he volunteered to help the leaf with sasuke as a repentence of the things he did while under influence of one tail. and yes while the council orginally made him kazekage to keep a eye on him he did prove his worth and loyalty to the sand village.

i just don't get the point of making a noob like Kankuro leader.

i mean, i approve of appointing Kakashi as a leader cuz he has experiece and all so in case of the Sand village, why not appoint the guy that trained the Sand Siblings (i forgot his name)

and you still haven't answered one simple thing - that how a guy gets his ass handed to him by a guy even a year ago and then one year later, wipes the floor with him.

seems like the kind of thing DBZ did but at least they showed us Goku training in the Time Chamber of Gravity Room or whatever. they didn't just fast forward to one year later and have the fight then and there.

I did explain it to you iki you just didnt accept my answer or didnt pay attention but i'll do my best to explain it to you again because sasori was not in his real body and because he has been defeated before kankuro was prevey to information on sasori's weakness and developed a strategy as captain to defeat sasori and deidara based on that information. if that is not good enough i'll give you another example we never seen kakashi train for using the mangekyo sharingan but he pulled it off in his first meeting with deidara this is the same instance of training off screen because its a ninja world its assumed when they have down time they all train. As a captain of a squad kankuro would be given information about the foes he may face on the battle field and develop a strategy based on that information and couple with the fact that he has learned to do more justus and tricks remember he took over sasori's chakra threads after omoi cut them and pulled sasori in to the black ants with lightning enhanced blades. that lets you know that he has advance.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they made Gaara Kazekage out of fear, it made it easier to keep an eye on him and everything, yada yada. As for his brother, well Gaara could have simply gave him that rank because he has the ability to right? Anyways the story isn't focused on the Sand village, thus why it doesn't really tell or show of their progress. What if we were never shown the Sand village or the Sand siblings ever until now? Would you still question why they were made leaders? Of course there could be reasons why they shouldn't or couldn't fit the bill, but then there has to be a reasoning for it as well. Gaara being able to be Kazekage renewed Naruto's belief that he could one day become the Hokage. My point is though, the story doesn't focus on the Sand so shit happens that we don't see happen.

This very well explained koby!!!

Hey Raikagsama,

Please in the future don't copy and paste articles from Narutopedia. Just give a link. I've pretty much read most articles on that site, including Gaara.

As for "only killing the assassins sent after him by his father", well granted they're the only killings of Gaara's that we see (not counting the Rain Ninja he kills in the Second Chuunin exam and the two guys just before the Finals), but given his personality (loner, saying he needs to kill to prove his existence, saying he'll give blood to his mother) one can conclude that he has killed other people besides assassins. Remember, he went to Rock Lee's room and was stopped from killing him at the last second. When asked why, he said he felt like it.

This is one thing that shows Kishimoto as a bad writer. Okay, the story isn't focused on Gaara, but his becoming Kazekage mirror's Naruto's dream, thus giving the titular character hope that he can become Hokage. Therefore, if it had been me, I would have shown exactly how and why Gaara became Kazekage. For all I know, he could have seized power and only afterward become a benevolent dictator.

And yes, about Kakashi developing the Mangekyou Sharingan, everyone and their grandmother's cat has said that that is a problem - given that to get the Mangekyou you need to feel the guilt of killing someone close to you. I tend to ignore that because the Mangekyou are not fully understood in the Naruto universe itself, and certainly not by the author. For all we know, Kakashi could have inadvertantly caused the death of say, Rin, and feeling guilty, awoke his Mangekyou.

I ignore it because its magic. One of my favourite authors got a fan letter, that basically tried to analyse the magic in his books with scientific principles. Only they kept failing because its magic. If Kishimoto next week writes that what I wrote above did happen, and that's how Kakashi got his Mangekyou, I'll just shrug and move on. Because that's how he wants his magic to work. It's his rules.

What I have beef with is when his characters do not act like people. My biggest beef is Naruto never even acknowledging Hinata's confession, not even a single panel where he wonders what he should do. Or after seeing his parent's spirits, he doesn't confront Kakashi.

"Hey Kakashi? You know how you were the student of the Fourth Hokage? Well...I kinda...maybe...saw his spirit while I was fighting Pain, and he said he was my father! I saw my mother too!"

A character acting like a human being would then start to wonder about his mentors. He would have questioned whether Jiraiya and Kakashi were ever truthful to him, seeing as how he now knows that they knew who his parents were.

This reminds me of Harry Potter 7. When Harry reads Rita Skeeter's book about Dumbledore, (I forget whether he learned this from the book or from someone else) he learns that Dumbledore lived in the same area as his parents. He begins to wonder if Dumbledore was just using him - especially when he hears Dumbledore and Grindlewald were pals back in the day.

\My biggest beef is Naruto never even acknowledging Hinata's confession, not even a single panel where he wonders what he should do. Or after seeing his parent's spirits, he doesn't confront Kakashi.

"Hey Kakashi? You know how you were the student of the Fourth Hokage? Well...I kinda...maybe...saw his spirit while I was fighting Pain, and he said he was my father! I saw my mother too!"

uhhh ... rikou, i'm pretty sure this part can be explained by one simple fact which was clear from the very first episode/chapter.

NARUTO IS AN EGGHEAD!!!!!

uhhh ... rikou, i'm pretty sure this part can be explained by one simple fact which was clear from the very first episode/chapter.

NARUTO IS AN EGGHEAD!!!!!

Well said. If he can't even think "Hey wait, my teachers did know my parents" then he should be kept away from heavy machinery, sharp objects and life in general. He has no business even thinking of becoming Hokage if he really is that stupid.