Bebop or Champloo?

Tommy071095

Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop are thought by many to great anime series.They were both directed by Shinchiro Watanbe and both mix two distinctively different styles (Samurai epic with Hip Hop,Space Western/Opera with blues/jazz)to make two very unique series.I personally prefer Samurai Champloo to Cowboy Bebop,and would like to know which series everybody else prefers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely loved Samurai Champloo. Cowboy Bebop wasn't bad, but I didn't find it nearly as interesting as Samurai Champloo. Samurai Champloo is very memorable. There were so many awesome fights. I'm not really into hip-hop, but I actually did like the music. In my opinion the English dubbing and script was very good for both too.

cowboy bebop never hooked me so i kind of just stopped watching it after 2 eps but i liked samurai champloo enough to watch it in 1 sitting.

I know what you mean, i wouldnt have watched Cowboy Bebop either if i hadnt actually told myself to sit and watch it through. First several episodes are average and even boring, later on the series it gets better.

I would say Cowboy Bebop, but I mean come on, its a classic people. Though that is nothing against Samurai Champloo, I really thought that was one awesome show; I mean the sword fighting the characters the kind of simpleness about it all just put together made Samurai Champloo great. But when put up against Cowboy Bebop it just can't compare. Very few anime can:confident:

...maybe a poll should be added?...