Current Anime Series You're Watching and your thoughts on it?

Koby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching Noir. So far it's intriguing...but god damn it's slow...and I swear it seems like 90% of its scenes involve people staring at each other. 0_o

Also watching some Jormungand every few days....very disappointing. I went in expecting Black Lagoon 2.0 but ended up with a corny cringeworthy pandering to otaku show instead. Funi's dub is very mediocre too with their usual gang of overused actors, I don't understand why they didn't hire Ocean studios back on like with Roberta's blood trail.

Edited by Nintendon't

Watching Noir. So far it's intriguing...but god damn it's slow...and I swear it seems like 90% of its scenes involve people staring at each other. 0_o

Also watching some Jormungand every few days....very disappointing. I went in expecting Black Lagoon 2.0 but ended up with a corny cringeworthy pandering to otaku show instead. Funi's dub is very mediocre too with their usual gang of overused actors, I don't understand why they didn't hire Ocean studios back on like with Roberta's blood trail.

not sure on the dub, but when it first anounced it would air in japan, judging by the description it seemed like it was about the average every day life of a weapons mechent, then when I went to see if it was better then I thought it was, it wasn't.

It kind of reminded me of Black Jack, but insted of being a doctor, she is a arms dealer, and the anime is kind of dull.

Not sure how it is later on, I dropped it at episode 5 I think, and saw some random scenes from episodes after.

I will see if the manga is better.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

In progress: "Seitokai Yakuindomo" second season. Going very slowly through it. Either first season was better, either something else, but I do not enjoy it as much as I thought I will. Well, it is good, but for some reason I manage to skip one, two days without watching it and then returning to it again.

Attack on Titan.....oooooh my goodness, I'm currently watching this on my iPhone while going to/from work and even a fellow passenger asked what it was and if it was any good, obviously I told to get it as soon as he got home hahaha.

Well I see the english dub has started on Adult Swim (Damn poor anime selection in the UK) so I might watch that later at some point to see if the voice acting is quality.

Also that soundtrack is soooooooo good, it reside on my iPhone too.

I'm watching several anime titles right now:

Maken-Ki! --Each new female character throws me for a loop with the subtle yet sophisticated agenda while I'm drowning in all the yummy fanservice.  Himegami, Haruko, Martha, the twins, and Syria make my eyes pop out of my head.

Black Lagoon --I'm more than halfway with Revy's adventures, and I love her tragic hero frailties more and more with each passing adventure.  The episodes with Hansel & Gretel were MESSED UP!  I don't think even Cowboy Bebop ever displayed the dark side of the slave-children of the world.

C (Control) -- I've just watched a couple episodes of this so far, so I'm just getting the hang of it.

The Legend Of Legendary Heroes --I started this on Funimation halfway in, so I missed the beginning parts.  I do love the gorgeous Ferris and her devilishly evil sense of humor that usually gets Ryner get his tail smoked by Milk.

Robotics;Notes --I just started this on Funimation, and it has promise.  I hope they can get the robot built, but it will be interesting to see how it's done.

Chaos;Head --I've just seen a couple non-consecutive episodes, and I need to go back and fill things in.  But what I've seen intrigues me with all the hot fanservice around the main character.

There are more I'm in the middle of, but they don't come to mind at the moment.

Guilty Crown second time watching it first time watching in dub so far its good Funimation did a good job dubbing inori and Shu. Also an excellent job of not dubbing the OP and ED songs which is blessing from the gods when there notorious of dubbing OP's and ED's and insert songs. Also half of the female voice cast can't sing anyway

No Game No Life. yesyesyesyesyes.

Shiro - #bestgirl. #imoutos4lyf. #wouldkidnap.

I'm also re-watching Akagi for the 1000th time. For those who are wondering, trying to teach yourself mahjong by imitating Akagi doesn't work.  :c

It explained the rules of Mahjong better in the manga then the anime did.

But both are preaty good.

• Like 1

Haha, yeah. I'm actually currently reading the manga as well, and really love it. I just picked up reading 'Ten - Tenna' something something manga. (meant to be the sequel to akagi). <-- I picked up both of these because I was pretty sad at how the anime ended so abruptly.

Haha, yeah. I'm actually currently reading the manga as well, and really love it. I just picked up reading 'Ten - Tenna' something something manga. (meant to be the sequel to akagi). <-- I picked up both of these because I was pretty sad at how the anime ended so abruptly.

The manga for the first Akagi series is actually ongoing, so Ten - Tenna is more like a spin off in some way.

I haven't gotten that far in Ten-Tenna yet though.

I was wondering have you seen his other works, like Kaiji, Zero, or Buraiden Gai?

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma