PAX Machina, a RazoRune Collaboration

Anras Rune

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 5: Trial Run

"I think we'll fit right in here."

At that final line Irish, who had seemingly finished with Blitz' head, turned on the two and looked at the Legatus.

"May I?" he asked the Legatus in a soft, subtle voice that seemed to dare him to say otherwise.

"Do you think it is up too me, plus you'll do it anyway," replied Lambert in an amused voice, "Just ask them first please. I still have the bruises from trying to pull that other guy off you."

With a disconcerting smile on his face he approached the pair and asked to see their PAs. They both handed them over without a fuss, but Danny seemed to tense up as Irish walked away with them. Silas edged closer to him, as if he was ready to catch him. Lambert opened his mouth to speak but was interupted by Danny.

"Who the hell was that guy from before. That Iori guy that tried to attack you, and kill us?"

Despite the rudeness of it Lambert seemed amused at Dan's abrupt aggresivenes he responded in a calm, level voice," An old student of mine." With that he turned around, and walked out of the Ludus without so much as a second glance.

Silas saw that Danny was about to say something stupid, it was in the set of his shoulders, and turned on him. Silas stood almost half a foot higher than Dan, but was at least twice his bredth. He inclined his head towards Dan and muttered something inaudible to the others in the room, but it had a profound effect on Dan who calmed down, if only the slightest. The little exchange was interupted by Irish's gruff voice from across the courtyard.

"It seems that you two don't come across money that often. These things look like they are going to fall apart. But don't worry ill have them as good as new in a minute."

Silas and Danny made their way towards a table at the other side of the courtyard, where Blitz was trying to buff out a dent in his armor. He looked up and gestured at the bench in front of him. As they sat down he finished buffing out the dent and closed his PA.

"So, are you two up for a little practice?" Blitz asked them with a grin on his face," Irish works miracles with these PAs so you could have a bit of a practice with me in a bit."

"Sure!"

_______

Lambert went upstairs and entered a study. Its large oak doors swung open on silent hinges, revealing a warm room with an excellent view of the gardens and two massive bookcases lining either side of the room. He made his way towards the desk at the far end, which was being bathed in the afternoon sun. He sat down into an armchair and sighed. Looking round he grabbed a bottle of aged scotch, poured himself a glass and leant back in the armchair while savouring the taste of the whisky.

He had fallen asleep when he heard a comotion coming from outside. As he stood up, swaying all the way, he reached the window and looked down on the courtyard. The newcomers were about to go up against Blitz, this will be interesting he thought. He sat back down and pressed a button on the desk. A large sheet of clear glass came down from the ceiling, which went black and started showing the gardens. Lambert waved a hand and the image on screen changed until he found the Ludus. He sat back too enjoy the fight.

_______

"Okay the rules are simple, no specials of any kind. Also no projectiles either. All limiters must be on, or ill kill you's m'self." shouted Irish to the three combatants.

Blitz was facing off with Razor and Rune. They had their armor on, and their weapons unsheathed. Razor and Rune's armors had been cleaned and repaired which gave them a sparkling sheen. All the scrathes and dents from their years of fighting had been removed, and this made them fell new again. Untainted.

With a resounding crack Blitz took out his twin tonfa, and unfolded the blades that were hidden on the inside. He lowered his stance and readied to pounce. Rune raised his mace and pressed the button to release the flanged interior, which normally scared the living daylights out of anyone, but it had no effect on Blitz. He didn't even flinch. Instead he looked at them, twirling his tonfa and said...

"Are you ready?"

Chapter 6: Plan

Ballard smiled as he exited the limousine. There was a huge horde of press present and he could barely make out the entrance to the arena. He was here to scout out new team members as they had one vacancy due to the retirement of their oldest member. Kane spoke into his ear,

" Press conference first, then the trial will begin 20 minutes later." Ballard nodded. They walked towards the entrance, cameras flashing, fans screaming. Ballard smiled and waved a lot. Suddenly, a figure appeared in front of him, and his smile vanished.

" What do you want Firo?" he asked, coldly. Firo smiled. He was tall, muscly, good looking, and most of all, a great warrior. He was also Ballard's former friend and now, bitter rival. The crowd screamed louder and the cameras flashed even more. After the retirement of the Legatus, the sporting world had been shaken to the core due to the epic and memorable battle in the final of the last PAX tournament, between the Reapers and the Armour Squad, Firo's team. The Reapers may have won, but they were very lucky. The sudden appearance of Firo, therefore, caused a huge stir.

" Is it true?" asked Firo. Ballard raised an eyebrow.

" Is what true?" he replied. Firo's expression darkened.

" Has Lambert returned?" he pressed. Ballard frowned, temper rising.

" This is not the time or place to discuss that. Have you lost your mind?" he hissed. Firo smiled coldly.

" I couldn't care less. Judging by your reaction, he has returned. I'm warning you so listen up. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT forget about the Armour Squad, now the Legatus is back. We will get our revenge," he said. Walking away from Ballard, he was worried. Lambert was a very formidable foe and I have to be careful. Ballard sighed and pushed past an angry Kane and into the arena. Without a word to his agent, he walked to the conference room, blood boiling. He was determined to crush Lambert and Firo. As the press filed in, a plan suddenly formed in his mind. Dialling a number on his phone, he dismissed his questioning agent.

" Ballard? What is it?" asked Styx, answering the call.

" Forget Reishin, actually no, bring him with you to HQ in 1 hour, I have a plan."

" A plan?"

" Yes, a way to eliminate Lambert and Firo at once."

Sorry! It's a bit short :/

Chapter 7: Why Can't We Hit Him?

"Are you ready?"

Silas and Danny nodded to Blitz and crouched down into a fighting stance. Rune looked at Razor and beckoned at Blitz, while Razor shook his head and nodded towards Blitz himself. Blitz watched in amusement.

"Are we going to fight or are you two going to sit there looking like idiots for the rest of the day?" shouted Blitz at the pair.

Danny looked up at Blitz slowly and moved his stance into a lower position. Within seconds he had pounced his way across the Ludus at Blitz, making a beeline towards his neck with his kriss held high. But despite the speed and abruptness of his attack Blitz seemed to lean out of the way of the strike, with the blade barely passing by where his ear would be. Razor was stunned at this display and knew he was too open to a counter-attack. Luckily just as Blitz was about to swing his tonfa at Razors chest, Rune, who had charged in behind Razor, intervened with an hurtling swing at Blitz' left flank. It missed by a hairbredth. Blitz pirouetted around Silas and tripped him up with a strike to the legs. Once Silas lay on the floor Blitz backstepped out of the way and readied for another attack.

"Damn he's fast!" exclaimed Razor in a distracted manner as he helped Rune up.

"I know, did you see how he dodged your thrust?!"

"Whats wrong boys," shouted Blitz at the stunned pair,"Am I too fast for yas?"

This time Rune was the first to react, but instead of charging head on he made a curved path towards Blitz' right flank. Meanwhile Razor charged in the other direction, roaring the whole way. Blitz lowered his stance and braced for impact, or soo it seemed. Just as the pair were about to make contact he backstepped again, throwing the two off course and almost into each other. Rune swung his mace round a half turn and managed to clip Blitz in the knee, which sent him flying through the air and left him splayed on the floor. But before Razor, who had done a stop turn and was making his way towards Blitz, could reach him he was on his feet. Razor swung at Blitz' right shoulder with his kriss, scratching the surface of the armor, while Blitz returned with a sweeping slash too the abdomen. This gave an adudible BEEP as the blade phased through Razor, marking a kill. Razor collapsed on the floor as his Armor locked up. Rune stood there, shocked at the scene before him. Razor had been taken out of the match, in less than a 5 minutes.

Rune raised his mace and charged at Blitz. He leaped into the air, bringing his full weight and strength down towards Blitz. There was resounding BEEP and a huge dust cloud where the mace had hit the floor. Irish couldn't see who had won from where he stood, soo he waited for the dust cloud to settle. As it settled he saw Rune crouched down with his mace stuck in the courtyard's floor, which had been completely wrecked. Blitz was standing next to him, with one of his tonfa sticking into Rune's neck from the back and another sticking out of Rune's chest. Blitz looked at Irish and gave him a thumbs up. He removed the phased blades from Rune and walked away. The pair were stuck in their locked armor, completely shocked at what had just happened. They had lost and badly...

The Legatus watched with amusement at the pair as they finally came to their senses and what had happened sunk in. He took another sip of his whiskey and switched off the screen with a click of his fingers.

Hmpf...

Chapter 8: Wake

Firo was worried. Very worried. He knew that the Legatus returning would probably lead to his team getting overlooked. With the hard work, blood, sweat and tears they'd put in, he couldn't allow it. As he entered his base, he moved swiftly towards his office and called out,

" Random! Follow me!"

A man stood up from the group of four that were watching the 52 inch T.V.

" Yes boss?" he asked, running into the office. Firo smiled. Man, he's quick.

" I got a mission. Level A, of course." he said. Random raised an eyebrow. He was known ny his team-mates as Retriever as he could get anything for anyone, very quickly.

" What do you want me to do?" he asked. In response, Firo waked over to his desk, and pulled out a photograph from the draw. He handed the photo over to Random. Looking at the image, Random gasped.

" That's Wake. The first PA user to be arrested for attempted murder!" he exclaimed. Suddenly, Kakashi entered the room, yawning.

" Wake? What do ya want with him, boss?" he asked. Firo frowned.

" The Legatus has returned." he stated. Random gasped again and Kakashi raised an eyebrow.

" Take Rezin with you and bust Wake outta proson. Bring him back here. I would like to employ his services," continued Firo. Kakashi, as well as being a top mechanic, was the agent for the Armour Squad.

" Do you intend to kill him?" he asked. Firo raised an eyebrow before bursting out laughing.

" Kill the Legatus? No way! How long have you known me? I'm not a murderer," he said.

" Then what do you need Wake for?" asked Random, confused. Firo sighed.

" I thought you guys were smart. Think, if te Legatus is back, we'll get pushed to the side. So how can we increase our rep in a good way?"

" Um...... have a huge fight?" asked Kakashi.

" Get Rezin to sleep with a few celebrities? offered Random.

" Who's the most wanted PA user?" asked Firo. Kakashi thought for a second.

" Vonnie," he answered.

" How many people have tried and failed to capture her?" pressed Firo.

" Over 20 warriors and 4 teams, including the Mad Dogs, who are ranked 7th in the world."

" Oh I see, so if we capture her, our rep will sky rocket!" said Random.

" Exactly!" exclaimed Firo.

" But why do we need Wake?" interrupted Rezin, who had been standing by the door the entire time. Firo grinned broadly.

" Because he's the best and if he escapes prison and gets us Vonnie, then-"

" We can turn him in to the cops too and get double the reward!" exclaimed Random.

" Exactly!" yelled Firo again. Kakashi looked impressed.

" That's actually a pretty good plan"

Firo smiled. If this all went to plan, then the Armour Squad would become legends.

Vonnie ducked the missile and jumped at it's firer. The man cursed and tried to get out the way but was too slow. Much too slow. With a casual, almost indifferent flick of her wrist, she sliced off her assailant's helmet and head. Kicking the body off the roof, she powered down her armour and sighed.

" What do you want Opem?" she asked, as the assasin appeared next to her.

" Very impressive, I never manage to sneak up on you," smiled Opem.

" Whatever," replied Vonnie, sitting down on the roof of the building.

" How many would-be killers have you dispatched now?" asked Opem.

" 33 if you include the Mad Dogs." said Vonnie. Opem whistled.

" That's a lot," he said. Vonnie just shrugged. After a moment of silence, Opem spoke again.

" Lambert's returned,"

" No surprise there," replied Vonnie.

" Really? Why not?" asked Opem, curiously.

" Well, we share the same blood and I would expect nothing less of him."

Opem gasped.

" The same blood? What do you mean?" he questioned impatiently. Vonnie sighed and looked into the starry sky.

" Lambert and Vonnie. The last siblings of the Collins family,"

Great chapter, though getting introduced then set up all in one go... well lets see how smart I am to figure it out, lol. And love how the picture comes together with "the Collins family." This is getting more and more interesting, keep up the great work you two.