PAX Machina, a RazoRune Collaboration

Anras Rune

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 9: Training Days

Roughly a week had passed since Danny and Silas had first arrived at Lambert's mansion, and had their pride taken down more than a few notches. Their humiliating defeat had really hit home, with the constant lectures from the Legatus about "...never underestimating your enemies" and the odd replay of events in their daily sparring matches with Blitz. Every match ended the same, with the pair defeated and Blitz standing tall. Their intial overconfidence had been shattered and was being replaced by a jaded form of respect.

Between sparring and drills, Lambert made the pair read up on the history of the sport and it's current combatants, learning their tactics and techniques on the battlefield. Of the two it seemed Silas absorbed this more than Danny, who seemed to resent the current tutelage they were recieving, believing it to be a waste of time. On the various occasions that he confronted the Legatus on this subject he was met with a cold indifference.

Irish had also been showing them how to maintain their Armors, just in case he wasn't there to tend to them. He had also upgraded them extensivly. Their armors had both been changed dramatically by the upgrades. Rune's Armor had taken on viking like appearance with a new helmet, which sported a ring of horns around the top, and new pauldrons to match. Razor's Armor had gone through an even more drastic change. Irish had removed all the extra plating on the armor, lightening it up, and had refurbished the chest and head pieces' sihlouettes, making them more streamlined. This coupled with Razor's kriss made the armor seem almost dragon like, with it's crested arms, back and helmet. The curved blade complimented the overall visage.

Blitz was also training them both in various other fighting styles, showing them how to use many different weapons, for many different situations. Between close range krav maga styles, too hyper velocity munitions weapons, it seemed that Blitz could use them all. Silas decided to ask him where he learnt it all.

"Lambert taught me damn near everything I know," Blitz replied," He took me in about five years ago. I was going to be part of Legio. before they retired."

"Why did they retire anyway?" enquired Silas

"You don't know? Wait, I suppose not many people really know why they all retired... Lets just say that final fight did more than humiliate them, which there was a reason for by the way, but it broke them. Well all but Lambert.

"What do you mean?" asked Danny, entering the conversation when it was getting interesting.

"People died that night, lets just put it at that. The rest you'll have to ask Lambert about, but I wouldn't bring it up any time soon" whispered Blitz to the pair, while looking over his shoulder. He walked away after that.

The pair looked at each other, Danny had a sullen look on his face, while Silas put his hand on his shoulder. Danny looked at his sword, and was obviously in pain. Silas tried to comfort him.

"It seems Lambert has a story like ours. But remember it wasn't your fault she died." murmered Silas in a low voice. He only heard one word breathed in reply.

"Amelia..."

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 10: Breakout

Random dropped down from the roof and knocked out the guard. Landing, next to him, Rezin powered up his PA.

" Ok, so I'll dive straight in, locate and secure Wake. You will engage the security forces and provide a distraction. Got it?" said Random. Rezin nodded.

" Good. Meet me at the statue in 10 minutes," he said. As he began to move away, Rezin grabbed his arm.

" Are you sure?" he asked. Random looked at him quizzically.

" About what?" he replied.

" This the most secure prison in the world. 10 minutes is a very, very short time," he said. Random grinned.

" Don't worry. It'll be fine," he said, before speeding away. Rezin grinned. Random was always rushing into things.

" Oh well. Time to get back to work," he said, aloud. Charging his PA's output to 100%, he released a missile barrage right into the heart of the prison. He emptied his machine gun too. As security rushed to fight him, he drew AS cannon, camouflaged so it wouldn't be recognised. It was the super weapon of the Armour Squad after all. Locking onto the incoming fighters, Rezin grimaced. He knew many people would die, but you couldn't make an omelete without breaking a few eggs.

Random felt the whole prison shake as the AS cannon fired. Rezin's really going all out, he thought. He raced down the stairs to the lower levels, where the cells were. Suddenly, a group of guards noticed him, as he turned the corner.

" Intruder alert! Fire!" screamed the commander. Random ducked behind the passage way, as a hail of bullets soared over his head.

" Shit," he swore. The guards had been quicker than he had anticipated. He lobbed a grenade at them, and was sickened by their screams. He hated killing but Firo was the boss, and what he says goes.

Rounding the corner, he drew his staff and knocked out the remaining guards. He looked at his watch, 4 minutes left till he had to meet up with Rezin.

He didn't have his PA with him, as it wasn't really needed. He rounded the final corner and was faced with a guard and a metal door. He grabbed the guard and smashed him against the door.

" Open it, or die!" he hissed. His face was covered, so he didn't fear the guard recognising him. The guard was terrified and quickly complied.

Wake looked up as his cell door opened. He was surprised to see his guard fall in, unconscious. Random grinned.

" Who are you?" asked Wake.

" Firo sent me," replied Random. Wake's eyes widened.

" Why?"

" He has a job for you...................."

Chapter 11: Escape

" He has a job for you...................."

"He does, does he?", replied Wake in with an undertone of contempt, he didnt like getting bossed around. He glanced at the guard who was on the floor, who seemed to be waking up.

"Come on then, lets go!" shouted Random, who had noticed the waking guard and was getting anxious.I'm standing next to one of the most dangerous criminals in history, in the middle of a triple max prison...what the hell have i gotten into...

"Oookay then, but first..." said Wake as he bent over the guard. First he grabbed his pistol and cocked it, checking the chamber and magazine for bullets. He then shot the guard in the head. Random looked shocked.

"WHAT the HELL was THAT!" screamed Random at Wake, way laying all common sense to shout at a psychopath with a gun, "He was defenceless!"

"And?" asked Wake casually as he walked out the door, brushing past Random on the way out.

"You didn't need to shoot the poor bastard you fucking psycho!" roared Random, furious at the situation he had just been put in. He realised that Wake had went quiet and had stopped walking.

Wake turned around to face Random, both of them not willing to back down from this little conflict. Random gripped his staff, and pressed a small, hidden button that made the ends heat up. Wake hadn't moved since turning around and he stared at Random coldly, he didnt even blink when the tips of Random's staff caught fire and started to buzz. They just stood there, staring each other down...

"There they are! Get them!" shouted guard who had just rounded the corner.

Wake, without any other movement, raised the gun and shot the guard in a tight spread, two in the chest mere centimetres apart. He grinned at Random, who would later say it was one of the most disturbing smiles he had ever seen. When the another two guards came around the corner Wake shot the first in the head, but shot the second in the knee cap and then the arm, all without taking his eyes off of Random.

Random decided he'd rather live another day and broke eye contact. Instead he turned to the guard Wake had wounded and looked back at Wake. Wake smiled smugly and walked up to the maimed guard. The guards moaning disturbed Random, but Wake smiled wider the louder it got. He kneeled by the guard and put his finger in the bullet hole on his leg. The guard screamed loudly, louder than Random thought humanly possible and started to cry out for mercy.

"Well before you black out id like to know where you keep my PA? If you tell me i'll let you live..." questioned Wake, with an almost soothing voice, were it not for the smile.

"They keep...they keep it in the Wa-Warden's office! Please let me go, I have ki-" pleaded the guard before blacking out.

"Thank you" mused Wake as he stood up, before shooting the guard between the eyes.

"Before you say anything, this gun uses hollow points, meaning he wouldn't have survived anyways. That was mercy" laughed Wake when he saw Random's face.

______

"Where the hell are they? hey should be here by now, what the fuck is going on in there?!" shouted Rezin at no one in particular.

Rezin was behind a small, bullet pocked wall letting shots off of the AS cannon every now and then. The first wave went down without a hitch but he hadn't counted on the tank. It was sitting at the other end of the yard firing back at him everytime he fired the AS cannon. He could take out the security forces with the cannon, but it was designed to take down infantry, not armor. Fuck, I wish i hadn't used up all my missiles!

A few more minutes passed of the same drill, Rezin would fire and then run furhter down the wall then the tank would fire back where he just was. Problem with this plan was he was running out of wall, and he could hear gunships over the horizon. He could picture them carrying squads of highly trained commandos in full, uninhibited military issue PA. He knew that the moment they touched down he was fucked. Something cuaght his eye just above the tank, something in a window behind it...

______

"Hello Warden Jones, how's it going?" questioned Wake in a mocking tone just before he shot the man sitting in the chair, unloading the remaining clip into him.

Random was disgusted, but amazed at Wake. He has been free for less that 10 minutes and hes already killed 7 people! Wake saw his PA mounted on the wall behind the Warden's body and sneered. He threw the pistol away and took the PA down off the trophy mount. He stroked it a couple of times, as if caressing a lover and proceeded to power it up.

"Now for the fun part!" cackled Wake after he streched and bent in the PA...

______

This is it...I'm going to die wought Rezin as the tank blew th last of his cover away. He stood up and lowered the AS cannon, raising his hands above his head. HE lowered his head and tensed for what he thought was going to be the final shot. He was wrong.

Wake decloaked on top of the tank and, with a flick of his wrist, unsheathed two large blades attached to his forearms. With a slashing motion he cut the tank's barrel off and slashed the tank's hatch in half. Sheathing one of his blades he grabbed one half of the hatch and ripped it off.

"Hello Boys!" laughed Wake, with his terrifying PA, painted in the visage of Death. He dropped a grenade into the tank, back flipping off just afterwards. He landed on his feet but rolled along the floor, singing a song as he went. Just as he jumped up the tank exploded and he pulled a pose with his arms outstrecthed shouting," TAAAADAAA!"

"This guy is fucking mad!" said Rezin as he saw Random appear next to him.

"Yeah, tell me about it..."

Chapter 12: News

Lambert sighed as he crashed onto the sofa and switched on his t.v. It had been a tiring day. He had sparred with Blitz and was surprised by how much his student had improved. The match had been so intense that Danny and Silas, who had been observing the demo, had forgotten to take notes. There were 3 months left till the tournament had he wanted to speed up their training as much as possible. Lambert was confident, however, that his team was as strong as any other bar the PAX Reapers and the Armour Squad. He smiled as he thought about how the world would react to his return. The popularity of the tournament would increase tenfold. It would be interesting to see how the tournament had changed since the last time. His smile slipped off his face. The last tournament he'd been apart of had been a disaster. It had completely obliterated his relationship with the rest of the team. Though he would never admit it, he still had nightmares about it.

" The notorious assassin, Wake, escaped from prison today with the aid of two extremely powerful PA users....' blared the t.v, bringing Lambert out of his train of thought. He gasped. Irish burst into the room.

" Lambert, have you heard the-" he stopped when he saw the t.v screen.

" Irish, shut the door, now." ordered Lambert. Irish quickly complied.

" We're screwed," muttered Lambert. Irish sat down on a chair. They sat, absorbing the news.

" We need to prepare. If Wake's out, he'll come after me soon enough," said Lambert. Irish frowned.

" Are you sure? Why would he?" he asked. Lambert hesitated.

" Can you keep a secret?" he asked. Irish nodded.

" My old team had a masked man on it. He was powerful. Very powerful. But he was a psychopath. He has the will and ability to kill anyone he wants. I'm telling you this because......." Lambert stopped. Irish gasped.

" No way," he breathed. Lambert sighed.

" Yes. Wake is my former team-mate and because of what happened in the last tournament, he hates my guts,"

" The notorious assassin, Wake, escaped from prison today with the aid of two extremely powerful PA users....' blared the t.v

Ballard's eyes widened and Styx gasped. Styx turned to Ballard.

" Did you order this?" he asked. Ballard frowned and shook his head.

" This isnt part of my plan," he replied.

" Then who did? The Legatus?" asked Styx.

" No. Wake would kill him straight away," answered Ballard. Styx was about to ask another question but Ballard put his hand up to silence him. After about a minute, he looked at Styx.

" Firo," he spat. Styx gasped. Ballard buzzed his private assistant.

" Yes sir?" she answered.

" Triple security and arm them with live ammunition," he said. The assistant faltered.

" Y-Yes sir, right away," she replied. Ballard cut the link. In response to Styx's questioning glance, he said,

" There's a chance that I am Firo's target and I can't afford to take any risks,"

" The notorious assassin, Wake, escaped from prison today with the aid of two extremely powerful PA users....' blared the t.v

Iori put his head in his hands as soon as he heard the announcement.

" Seems I'm no longer the best assassin," he muttered aloud. He was apprehensive, since Wake was his rival and this would probably mean a conflict between the two. As he powered up his PA he smiled. Despite his apprehension, he was excited. He felt he needed to prove something after his stalemate with Danny, and what better way to increase his reputation than to have him defeat Wake, the most powerful PA user? He opened his comm link to his goons.

" Be ready men! We have a fight to attend to!"