PAX Machina, a RazoRune Collaboration

Anras Rune

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 20: Imminent Showdown

' The surprise and daring attack led to many injuries but the most alarming consequence was the loss of the Legate. There is no word as of yet regarding the culprit, but the assassin Wake is a prime suspect....'

Firo switched off the T.V.

" Wake! Get in here!" he yelled. The door to his office was kicked open.

" What?" asked Wake, casually. Firo's eyes narrowed. He was beginning to regret releasing the assassin.

" Did you steal the Legate?" he asked. Wake was stunned into silence. Firo couldn't help but smile, it was the first time Wake had ever been surprised.

" No, I didn't," answered the assassin, eventually. Suddenly, his eyes lit up.

" This is perfect! We can capture him and use him to get Vonnie! I really wanna cut the guy's head off too but-"

" No. Now we can find the Legate. That'll mean we will get even more recognised by the public. Who knows, we may even become more popular than the Reapers!" smiled Firo.

This guys an idiot, thought Wake. Ordering me around like that, I'll kill him slowly after I've been paid.

" I wonder who stole it though," mused Firo. Wake shrugged.

Firo's phone rang.

" Hello?" he answered, brightly.

" Boss, turn on the news," it was Random. Firo frowned.

" Guess I'll be going then," muttered Wake. Firo turned on the T.V and was stunned to see his face on the screen.

Spotting the image, Wake stopped.

" Whats this?" he asked.

" I repeat, shocking news just coming in. The police have confirmed that the blood of the thief that was found in the Vox Rex compound belongs to Firo, the leader of the Armour Squad!"

Firo froze. Wake's jaw dropped.

" Impossible," breathed Firo.

" The police chief says a squad of PA officers has been dispatched to apprehend Firo and the Armour Squad"

Random spoke again.

" I'm on my way, make sure everyone's ready," he said. The phone cut.

Wake cackled. Firo looked up at him and saw the assassin leave.

He was in trouble. Big trouble.

Lambert cursed as Irish told him of the news. He got up despite his rib injury.

" Irish get the crew together. Now!" he ordered.

" But Blitz is unconscious and you're injured-"

" Leave Blitz. I'll be fine, bring Opem along instead," growled Lambert. Irish hesitated, Lambert was making a mistake. Irish knew Firo and believed he was being framed.

" Lambert stop, we can't-"

" Do it now. I will get my PA back at all costs. That's an order," replied Lambert. Irish nodded and exited the room swiftly.

I will get it back. I owe her that armor.

Ballard smiled. Things were all going to plan, just one thing was left for him to do.

He opened his phone and dialled a number. After a couple of rings, the receiver answered.

" Hello Vonnie........"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry for the wait. I've been busy for a while, and i kinda forgot the plot we had set out. On a side note, the story is almost finished so enjoy these last few chapters!!

Chapter 21: Phone Call

"Hello Vonnie..."

"Ballard. What do you want?" replied a cold voice on the other end of the phone. It wasn't Vonnie.

"Is this who I think it is?" asked Ballard, a bit worried. It sounded like his employer.

"Yes, you dim witted baffoon. Now get me out of this predicament." replied the voice, obviously mocking Ballard, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Ballard, who was sitting in his office, thought to himself what he could do. He knew Vonnie's history, he was in a great deal of it, but he couldn't decide what Vonnie would do. She was ruthless, but there was some measure of compassion in there. Just as he thought he had a solution he heard something over the telephone.

______

Vonnie was crouched down in full PA, one knee on the man with the pinstripe suit, with a pistol aimed at his temple. She knew who he was, they called him the Broker, and he was the man that paid all the illegal "partners" of various persons set in high society. Vonnie didn't like him.

"Go on, Mister Broker, tell him you'll be alright" began Vonnie, veiled comtempt permeating her every word, "Tell him that I'll be seeing him soon."

She waited for him to finish, then shot him in the head. She decided too shot him twice in the back as well, not wanting to risk anything. She stood up slowly, and could hear the voice of Ballard through the phone. There was a loud noise coming from the windows and outside, followed by the sound of the elevator reaching her level. Three more black Armored security guards came out of the elevator and readied their sub machine guns. After checking the the hallway, they got ready to enter the room. They rounded the corner, guns scanning the room as they went along. Vonnie was no where in sight.

"All clear. Suspect has escaped, we have multip-" began one of the guards before being cut off. The three had caught sight of Vonnie standing in the doorway, a pair of pistols in hand with her arms spread.

The three guards began to raise their guns, but Vonnie beat them to it. She fired a pair of rounds at the right most guard, one glancing off his shoulder, the other piercing his right bicep. As she done so she dove to the side landing behind an overturnd table, firing a few more rounds their way, one of which glanced off the middle guards helmet. The guards intial shock wore off and they opened fire, spraying the area that Vonnie had only just previously occupied. Bullets riccocheted off the doors metal frames, hitting the windows and roof. One of the windows caved in, and a huge gust of air unbalanced the unstable guards. Vonnie took advantage of this, squeezing off another couple of rounds, and managed to hit the injured guard in the forehead taking him down instantly.

The other two guards saw their comrade fall and decided to flank her. They split up, using surpressive fire to keep her from surfacing. She could hear their footsteps getting louder and pulled out a small sphere from her PA's belt. She depressed the button on the top and threw it in the air. Both the guards saw it and dived to the floor, but only the left guard got out of the way in time. The sphere fired a horizontal circle of shrapnel, hitting the right guard in the chest and neck. Most of the shrapnel didn't get through the PA, but the force threw him back, crashing him down on top of a sofa roughly 20 feet away. The other guard began to stand up but Vonnie had already made her way towards him, kicking him in the head, then using her feet to roll him on his back. As she did so, she fired three rounds in quick succescion, executing the guard on the floor.

"Damn, I better get out of here before more come." said Vonnie, thinking aloud. In her momentary relapse the third guard had gathered his wits, and began to run at Vonnie, arms spread wide to tackle her.

Vonnie saw the sudden movement and turned on her heel, raising one pistol just as the guard jumped towards her. She shot him between the eyes, in mid air, but didn't manage to dodge his flying body. It hit her in the waist, making her tumble over on the floor and due to the guard's speed, get tangled in the elevator door. The impact was thundering, rattling her head to the point of near death. She slipped out of consciousness, allowing her body a brief respite from carnage.

_____

"I need you to go and get Vonnie. She seems to have overstepped her boundaries." said Ballard, speaking to Styx, wo hadn't been told what had happened yet.

"What do you mean?" replied Styx, curiousity beaming through.

"She has just killed the Broker, and a large contingent of our beneficiares. It seems those Reapers you posted to guard them weren't enough." commented Ballard, the calm tone turning Styx's blood cold. He may be one of the most dangerous individuals on the planet, but even he was unnerved by Ballard sometimes.

"I'll get right on it my self. Don't worry Ballard, I'll drag her in here, dead or alive." began Styx before being cut off.

"I'd prefer alive Styx. Vonnie and I have some unfinished business" replied Ballard.

"Of course, right away..."

good chapter but please could someone tell me what happened to my guy

yeah, you are with the Armor Squad I do believe. I was going to include you in the Iori fight, but it was more a Wake orientated chapter. Don't worry, you have a role in the next couple of chapters I do believe, just got to wait and see what Razor does.

also thanks folks!