Anime or Manga?

Koby

Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?

See, I don't really care for this thing. I don't have a distinct preference. Sometimes i find the anime more enjoyable, sometimes I like the manga better. All depends on the series. I think those who say "THE MANGA IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN THE ANIME BECAUSE IT'S THE ORIGINAL" Are ignorant, same to those who always say "ANIME IS BETTER THEN MANGA BECAUSE IT'S COLORFUL AND MOVES." It's all up to the individuals taste and the series itself as to whether the Manga or Anime is better. Well hey, just my two cents.

I prefer manga to anime coz it's from them that come animes ! Beside, they always remove those little quotes added by the mangaka that make me laugh so much XD Too bad !!

Also, I like to imagine a specific voice for each character... So when I go to have a look to the anime, I always feel desapointed XD Stupid, I know...

Well... I could tell a lot about "why I prefer manga to anime" but those are the main points ^^

With manga you can accelerate the story by your own preference, and never have to deal with the scheduled commercial break, which - even when skipped - will still cause characters to basically rehash the last thing they said before the break. Anime has to repeat itself a lot because its serialized AND not easily checked back upon. If I want to remember what happened at the end of last week's manga release, or just the last chapter, I can flip back a page. But with anime you would have to rewatch footage, so they compensate by repeating things at the beginning of episodes and/or after commercial breaks.

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly prefer one, just because I'm lazy when reading. Don't state the obvious, Manga is the base of most if not all Anime, but they do tend to be different.

I'm still noobish here, I searched this and didn't match any tags by thread title so if this thread exists can my comment just be added to the original as a post or reply?

Manga all the way! I haven't watched anime for few years, because I kinda got bored with them. Manga is usually better. Better art work, no fillers. There's really no "oneshot" anime, like there's manga. Though there is some manga I've been dissappointed with, but more rarely than with anime.

After couple of years' anime break I'm starting to get excited of anime again...

I'm just now really getting in to manga, but for me it all depends on the series, and maybe even which way I see the story line first. I prefer Venus Verses Virus, and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki in manga form, but pretty much everything else I prefer in anime form :3 haha

I feel like we've had that thread before, but that could just be me.... Anywho, I like anime and sometimes quite a bit, but overall if you asked me out of all the anime and manga I've seen and read which gave me the most impact and emotional experience I would say manga. That being said a few anime have been at that level for me but not as many as manga has. That's what I base on; how good a story is, so I guess it all depends on how you base how good the story your watching is.

Manga is great for like long trips to read, but in my job where I am busy on an all day basis, especially underway, I prefer anime. Simply because, I know that if I am watching one that I have seen before, it's just back ground noise and helps time go by. But some days I get into my anime mood where I will watch a series all day. I just finished Eden of the East today.