Anime or Manga?

Koby

Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?

I prefer anime without a doubt. I have read many good manga before but i would rather sit down in a cozy place watching awesome shit on a screen. Like others have said though, even i know that some animes are not a good as the corresponding manga. That pisses me off but i'm still not gonna read it. Even if i know it's better. Anime rules the show indefinalty

I like anime because I prefer to see it than read it. You know, like with Harry Potter. I'd rather watch the movie for 3 hours than read the book for 3 weeks.

You can't put anime and movies in quite the same category. Most of the time, movies that have been adapted from books sucked real bad. so then, reading the book is much better than watching the movie.

Anime all the way. I've never read any manga and don't plan on reading any soon.

you should at least try reading manga before you judge it...Try maybe one shot manga to get the feel of it...You might land up liking it more....maybe not, but you should give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I prefer the source material. If that sucks, it should have never been adapted. Very few times an adaptation surpassed the source, or has even had the potential to do so. This makes watching said adaptation pointless imo, since it required effort to try to enjoy something that is lackluster.

I love anime more but sometimes I find the manga more deep and emotional than anime. They both have their pros and cons. With the manga your imagination can take over and you could think of how their voice would sound like that fits their character and image while with anime if that character was your favorite and their voice was a whole lot different than what you imagined or doesn't match the character, you'd probably be disappointed. (Aishiteruze Baby for example. The manga was, to me, more emotional than the anime since most of the time I complained about how annoying and fake the crying was in the anime.) But anime would also be better than manga. The actions and effects for example. I haven't read a lot of manga but the effects in most anime I watched cannot compare to manga.

• 4 weeks later...