Why do you actually hate Teen Titans Go ?.

/account moved/

• 4 weeks later...
On Sunday, September 04, 2016 at 10:08 AM, FamuPokeSera said:

I mean its not like i really like the show but its below than average. I watched the Original and it was cool . But beyond the reason with it not being like the original why do you hate it ?.

Beyond the original series, the show is good for me.

• 2 weeks later...

First and foremost, the art style. For this, there is no "not comparing to original series" because they are quite clearly using the same basic designs which anyone who watched the original will associate them with, but aren't doing it well. I'm fine with chibi style for comedy. I loved the DC chibi shorts that aired before the show so that isn't my issue. It's like a bad parody's animation, it feels cheap. Secondly, the show is a comedy, and while it has funny episodes/moments, it overall isn't really funny. It just feels like they're trying too hard to make a show about super heroes all about typical, modern, CN comedy stuff. Third, any show that piggybacks on an original shows success only to ditch 90% of what made the original popular is begging to fail. Finally, (and this is my most important personally) the creators of TTG have acted from the very beginning as though they are in every way superior to the original show and it's writers. They literally sh!t on the show that did all the hard work for them (ie. Character development, settings, voice actors, designs for 90% of everything. Not to mention a fan base!). They even said they never watched (or planned to watch) the originals other than skimming for source materials for their show. Overall, it's the ATTITUDE that the creators and subsequently their show have toward the original series they base their crap on.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Because they deliberately spat in the face of the fans of the original animated series. They hyped it up by making announcements like "The Teen Titans are coming back!" and then make a big deal out of gathering the original voice talent. They use the same characters, costumes (most of which had been heavily redesigned for the earlier animated series and don't actually reflect their comic counterparts), villains (most of which were original to the previous cartoon), and settings of the original cartoon... and then feed us a bastardized riff straight out of Robot Chicken or MAD! and have the audacity to say: "it's for children who aren't even nostalgic about a show that existed before they were born!"

No. There was no reason to go to all the trouble to make TTGo superficially resemble and ape aspects of the previous incarnation of the series. They could have used different characters, made new costumes or used ones which were more inspired by the comics, used completely different villains. They didn't do that. They went out of their way to appeal to the older fans, and then somewhere along the way they decided "Nah, fuck those guys."

That's why I hate TTGo. It was a giant fucking bait and switch, followed with incessant mocking from both its creators and its fans. It was dishonest from the start.

Edited by PhoenixPress