Dragon Ball Xenoverse (Discussion)

J-Lord

I read that the mystery character was just a mixture of chatacters in one. It would make sense really.

The hair, Adult Gohan, the scouter, Vegeta, the cape, Piccolo, the clothes, Future Trunks, the Super Saiyan God form, Goku.

They should have added TIen's third eye, Yamcha's scars and Krillins dots just to mix it up a bit. Fed up with Dragon Ball being all about Saiyans all of the time. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late update, this information came out awhile ago but never got around to putting the information in this thread.

At the Japan Expo DB Xenoverse was showcased. Two battles were shown, Goku vs Vegeta and Goku vs Cell. The Goku vs Vegeta looks by far the better fight in terms of showcasing how the game will fight out while the cell fight is more of showing off certain aspects about the game.

Also a new mystery character was teased, maybe a new villain that fits in with the capsule corp mystery character:

mysterydbx_zps1ac3a8ce.png

DBZ Expo Vid: (Best Part Only not whole show)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XC9BebbxWA

Dragon Ball Xenoverse apparently is set for release in March 2015. So looks like the 1 DBZ game a year deal seems to have some fine print. We will not be seeing this game this year.

Also the game seem that it will continue in some form from the battle of Gods movie.

Quote: "Video Game Plot To Feature Manga/Anime Continuation Story Of Goku And Bills Travelling The DBZ Multiverse!"

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/28979/20140715/dragon-ball-xenoverse-release-date.htm

Who knows really guess we will have to wait and see, sadly I was hoping to see this game this year but, I guess the more time they spend on it hopefully the better it will be. Fingers Crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

Been waiting for some good updates before posting more.

Just under a month ago it was confirmed that the mysterious character is a Saiyan and is able to transform into an super saiyan. As seen in the screenshot below:

Dragon-Ball-3.jpg

It also seems like this game will feature multiple battle types such as 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and so on. Not confirmed but from screenshots I have seen, this seems to be the case.

Lastly it seems the mysterious character has been confirmed to be a created character with Dimps showing multiple created characters now from different races. You will be able to make you DBZ character once again like in Ultimate Tenkaichi only this time it looks better and much more customizable.

Follow this link for all the details on the last part:

http://www.explosion.com/66912/dragon-ball-xenoverse-mysterious-characters-identity-revealed/

• 1 month later...

New Trailer for DBX, this new trailer showcases off a lot of cool stuff for the upcoming Dragon Ball game. I must say watching some game play for it, there still needs some work to be done to it fighting mechanics wise, other than that it looks great.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk

New Trailer for DBX, this new trailer showcases off a lot of cool stuff for the upcoming Dragon Ball game. I must say watching some game play for it, there still needs some work to be done to it fighting mechanics wise, other than that it looks great.

Special Beam Canon? Destructo-Disc!?

Those attack names sound stupid XD

Special Beam Canon? Destructo-Disc!?

Those attack names sound stupid XD

Stupid, to a point yes but have been engraved into dbz history. Just a question if you could rename them what would you call them?

Should be interesting. Not so happy that it looks like we will be missing out on "cutscene" special moves. They were always my favourites.

Me personally, I can do without them as the last few games seemed to focus on them a little to much such as Ultimate Tenkaichi and Burst Limit. Where they are interesting, they seemed to drag out battles when all I want to do is fight in real time. Although in saying that this game still has some sort of cutscene special moves I think, just not as long or focused on like in previous games.

Edit-----------------------------

Also for those who want an offline multiplayer mode like myself, it has been confirmed that there will be one

If that wasn’t cool enough, it was confirmed that there are offline multiplayer battles of at least the 1 vs 1 variety and that there will be 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 and even one vs many fights present in the game. In offline mode, the camera will focus on both characters as opposed to being split screen in similar fashion to the Naruto Storm series.

Edited by J-Lord

Should be interesting. Not so happy that it looks like we will be missing out on "cutscene" special moves. They were always my favourites.

Me personally, I can do without them as the last few games seemed to focus on them a little to much such as Ultimate Tenkaichi and Burst Limit. Where they are interesting, they seemed to drag out battles when all I want to do is fight in real time. Although in saying that this game still has some sort of cutscene special moves I think, just not as long or focused on like in previous games.

Maybe I am remebering wrong, but I do not think there has really been cutscene-style special moves since Tenkaichi 3. Maybe Raging Blast did? I forget.

Stupid, to a point yes but have been engraved into dbz history. Just a question if you could rename them what would you call them?

Special Beam Canon ---> Demon Gun (or Demon Spear)

Destructo Disc ---> Energy Disc (or keep it as Kienzan)

That's more accurate to their Japanese names.

Keep in mind I never watched DBZ dubbed.

Edited by Rockman X

Maybe I am remebering wrong, but I do not think there has really been cutscene-style special moves since Tenkaichi 3. Maybe Raging Blast did? I forget.

Burst Limit wasn't a big one for cutscene moves but more cut scenes during gameplay. Ultimate Tenkaichi on the other hand seemed to be greatly focused on it. Every move you made was a cutscene that cannot be dodged unless you meet certain requirements.

Special Beam Canon ---> Demon Gun (or Demon Spear)

Destructo Disc ---> Energy Disc (or keep it as Kienzan)

That's more accurate to their Japanese names.

Keep in mind I never watched DBZ dubbed.

I never watched them subbed so I never knew there jap names. It is good to know and I can see how they sound better.

Burst Limit wasn't a big one for cutscene moves but more cut scenes during gameplay. Ultimate Tenkaichi on the other hand seemed to be greatly focused on it. Every move you made was a cutscene that cannot be dodged unless you meet certain requirements.

Ultimate Tenkaichi was a strange case. It was a very good game, if you could get past the fact that every character played pretty much exactly the same, with the same movesets, just coloured slightly differently as I recall. It was really awesome to watch, but at the same time extremely repetitive in that regard.

Ultimate Tenkaichi was a strange case. It was a very good game, if you could get past the fact that every character played pretty much exactly the same, with the same movesets, just coloured slightly differently as I recall. It was really awesome to watch, but at the same time extremely repetitive in that regard.

When I first played UT I found it to be a good game but got quite depressed when I found out that I had pretty much done everything fight mechanic wise within twenty minutes. So the repetitiveness pretty much killed the game for me, sure it is fun for maybe one to two rounds, anything after that feels like torture.

Have just spent some of the last 24 hours playing the Xenoverse Network Beta. Now understanding that this is a beta and still has months of development left it is still an unfinished game and of course has bugs and not very fluent gameplay.

I was to talk about some of the things I did and experienced during the Beta and if you too where lucky enough to play the beta, please tell me your experience of the game.

Beta Talk:

Characters:

During the Beta you get a very small selection of characters, well small to the number of DBZ characters that exist. You can play Goku, Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, Yamcha and a few others. During the beta I only really played Goku and my created character, As I will go into below. Like the Budokai games you can make combos up from two buttons. This was on the PS3 platform as the Beta was PS3 Exclusive so I am about to talk PS3 controls.

• Square = Punches
  • Triangle = Kicks
  • Circle = Ki Blasts
  • X = Jump (lower/raise character height)
  • R1 = Lock on and off
  • R2 = This when held opens a second menu that you then push Circle, Square, Triangle or X to use one of your four super attacks
  • L1 = Block
  • L2 = Swoop/Fly

Some of the above characters had some cool moves that ranged from Beams, to ki blasts and even fist attacks and power ups.

Created Characters:

This is the chartacter I played the most and is the main focus of the DBZ Xenoverse storyline. In the Beta you could make your character a Male or Female Saiyan and a Namekian. You could then choose from a range of hair, eye, nose and facial structure styles. The customization is quite detailed. Sadly you where limited to the outfits you could wear, you could unlock more during the beta but it was a bit difficult.

Once my character was created you could start fighting other online members, computer players and even fight in one of two story type missions to unlock attacks, gear for your character and perks (upgrades). I would love to see how this feature gets better in the full game.

Game-play:

Now the game-play is a little sketchy but still fun. I tried a broad variety of matches to see how each one plays out. 1 vs 1 plays nice, but sometimes you can be punching air when you don't want to and be missing with your energy attacks. But keep in mind if you hit all your energy attacks which you can almost use one after another, you could just spam your way to victory so I guess missing with them 50% of the time adds a skill factor for you to get it right and with punching air this is done because your your opponent moving away at lightning speeds a second before you punch them.

3 vs 3 is also a fun mode to play, has all of the above 1 vs 1 down sides but also your competing to fighting a opponent with one of your allies sometimes, so if they have them in a punch combo, most likely you will have to sit back and wait your turn. Also if the other 2 team mates go down on your team, you better be ready to fight 3 enemies at once and I can tell you it is no easy task.

To sum the game up, it is fun but still has a lot of work to be done before the final product which is months off at this stage. I can't wait to see how it progresses. Oh and if your expecting a Raging Blast, Budokai Tenkaichi type game then forget it, this is nothing like that game. And for those fearing it may be like Battle of Z, it has similarities but if far superior even in beta stages.

My thoughts on the Network Test: I hope this is VERY early stuff, because I thought it played very poorly. Maybe I have been spoiled by playing the great Budokai 3 recently, but I have been unable to really get into the full 3D DBZ games since Tenkaichi 3. I thought Raging Blast 1 and 2 were pretty dire.

The hub world appeared to work fine, although lots of people popping in and out. The battle gameplay just did not flow well at all, half of the time I couldn't get a lock on the enemy, the other half was just us punching either other, teleport behind, punch, teleport, repeat. Hopefully there are a lot of improvements to come before the game releases.

:doubt:

My thoughts on the Network Test: I hope this is VERY early stuff, because I thought it played very poorly. Maybe I have been spoiled by playing the great Budokai 3 recently, but I have been unable to really get into the full 3D DBZ games since Tenkaichi 3. I thought Raging Blast 1 and 2 were pretty dire.

The hub world appeared to work fine, although lots of people popping in and out. The battle gameplay just did not flow well at all, half of the time I couldn't get a lock on the enemy, the other half was just us punching either other, teleport behind, punch, teleport, repeat. Hopefully there are a lot of improvements to come before the game releases.

Agreed, If Xenoverse is released in somewhat the state of that Network test then they won't do very well, Battle of Z will end up being better than it in the long run.

But with the last few DBZ games I have had to drop all past DBZ games when comparing new ones, why???? Sure some of them are classics and are great in their own realms. But you cannot compare games like DBZ Budokai 3 and the Budokai Tenkaichi series to this. This game is trying to be something different which is great!

But for it to be the good type of different they need more work on it....much....much...more. I still had fun playing it though I must admit. I was able to look past some of the downsides to combos and learned to adapt to them rather than hate them for being there.

But in saying that I only had a few chances to fight human players. Fighting Computer players was easy in a way compared to some of the online fights I had. I am not sure if it was a bad internet connection but most of my combos got overthrown by my opponents combos. Everytime I would start one the opponent would somehow get a hit in and boom I was stuck for a world of pain if I couldn't teleport out.

Let see what the next few months bring out for this game, as it currently stands it is still in early stages. Hopefully.

Agreed, If Xenoverse is released in somewhat the state of that Network test then they won't do very well, Battle of Z will end up being better than it in the long run.

But with the last few DBZ games I have had to drop all past DBZ games when comparing new ones, why???? Sure some of them are classics and are great in their own realms. But you cannot compare games like DBZ Budokai 3 and the Budokai Tenkaichi series to this. This game is trying to be something different which is great!

But for it to be the good type of different they need more work on it....much....much...more. I still had fun playing it though I must admit. I was able to look past some of the downsides to combos and learned to adapt to them rather than hate them for being there.

But in saying that I only had a few chances to fight human players. Fighting Computer players was easy in a way compared to some of the online fights I had. I am not sure if it was a bad internet connection but most of my combos got overthrown by my opponents combos. Everytime I would start one the opponent would somehow get a hit in and boom I was stuck for a world of pain if I couldn't teleport out.

Let see what the next few months bring out for this game, as it currently stands it is still in early stages. Hopefully.

You are absolutely right in not comparing it to Budokai 3, but it can definitely be compared to Raging Blast/2 in terms of the battles at least.

My problem with these betas (or Network Test in this case) is that every time I have played such things in the past, the final product invariably is pretty much the same as it has been in the beta. Thus, I tend to find myself struggling to believe that any game will really change substantially between beta and release. Of course, this is DBZ, so it gets a special exception. :P