File Hosts.

All filehosts are shit. Use torrents.

2969f6.jpg

That's even worse than file hosts. You're pretty much putting yourself out there in the open to companies like Funimation and you end up wasting bandwidth uploading to other people downloading the torrent plus you have to deal with silly share ratio bullshit if you use a private tracker.

IRC is the correct answer. Faster speeds than both file hosts/torrents, no limits, and more available content.

• Like 2

That's even worse than file hosts. You're pretty much putting yourself out there in the open to companies like Funimation and you end up wasting bandwidth uploading to other people downloading the torrent plus you have to deal with silly share ratio bullshit if you use a private tracker.

IRC is the correct answer. Faster speeds than both file hosts/torrents, no limits, and more available content.

Actually, I was working off the assumption that most users are cheap idiots who have no clue how to properly host a (x)dcc bot. I would not recommend hosting a (x)dcc bot on a home connection anyway, unless you want to end up with something like Sakura's NukuServ|Archive (of which all content is available through torrents). (x)dcc bots are great if done right, but will not beat torrents in terms of content or speed.

For the record, I have uploaded FUNimation torrents under this username. I only upload to peers that have the correct encryption settings and do not use DHT. I have not recieved any removal requests/warnings/anything from my ISP or my server provider.

Edit: Maybe you should disregard the above. I missed the 'ratio bullshit' comment... I am now assuming you are one of the many leechers that seem to hang around this forum.

Edited by JohnFlower

I would say Media Fire and Filecloud.io

Do you know what the (if any) expiry times are on files on these hosts?

Not sure about mefiafire but I thought filecloud deleted anything over 200mb after a week of it not downloading. It used to be good for free users both downloaded and uploaders but now its not.

Not sure about mefiafire but I thought filecloud deleted anything over 200mb after a week of it not downloading. It used to be good for free users both downloaded and uploaders but now its not.

Did a little research about filecloud.io - Max file size is 2GB, 1000GB (1TB) of storage for free users, and files over 300MB expire 30 days after the last download. http://filecloud.io/misc-faqs.html

Mediafire -  10GB storage for free users, and a limit of 200MB per file, though files do not get deleted if they are not downloaded but rather if you dont use your account. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaFire#Features 

Around the time MegaUpload got hit, MediaFire panicked and banned a lot of accounts and continued to actively wipe their servers of any copyrighted material. They even announced they offered their entire database to the FBI and would report users to them who showed signs of continual copyright infringing videos. I don't have a clue if they still practice this or not; but for a long time Kametsu had banned the use of their service. I don't keep up with the happenings of file hosts though anymore because file hosts are completely useless with all the other more reliable options out there.

MediaFire was practically useless for anything except your own legal stuff.

Around the time MegaUpload got hit, MediaFire panicked and banned a lot of accounts and continued to actively wipe their servers of any copyrighted material. They even announced they offered their entire database to the FBI and would report users to them who showed signs of continual copyright infringing videos. I don't have a clue if they still practice this or not; but for a long time Kametsu had banned the use of their service. I don't keep up with the happenings of file hosts though anymore because file hosts are completely useless with all the other more reliable options out there.

MediaFire was practically useless for anything except your own legal stuff.

Huh, wow. They probably lost a lot of users due to that... Im leaning towards filecloud.io for future uploads, them seem to offer a lot for free users.