What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

Kid Ryan

What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

• Winamp
    • Media Player Classic and/or Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
    • BS Player
    • GOM Player
    • MPlayer and/or MPlayer Extended
    • Windows Media Player
    • Zoom Player
    • RealPlayer (this not dead yet?)
    • DivX Player
    • KMPlayer
    • Quicktime
    • VLC Player
    • Other (Tell Us/Please Explain)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had many problems with VLC(it's what I mainly use for windows). But I just use the standard Movie Player when I'm on my Linux laptop, the codec pack you just download to play any media file works with every video file I have.

I guess console wise, I use XBMC running on my old Xbox. That's when I can't stand being scrunched over my laptop anymore (it has a better screen then my tv though, lol).

• 2 weeks later...

Wow a lot of people use vlc.

I use MPC-HC for pretty much all of my videos with CCCP of course.

One thing I'll say VLC is good for is playing partially downloaded videos, It skips frames that aren't downloaded yet. It's not that great, but useful if you're dubious about wether of not the vid you're downloading is the one you want.

• 3 weeks later...

No offense, but 21 / 46 voters use VLC? Man this forum is full of retards. =P

VLC has horrible subtitle rendering, broken codecs, screwed up seeking, broken audio playback, desyncing of subtitles, and many other problems. You can't get anything worse than it. It's by far the worst player.

The only people who should use it are the people who don't know how to work a PC to install CCCP with MPC-HC.

VLC lovers watch this video and shut up:

IHhUcabwkuw

Lol, Koby you really hate VLC don't you, I had problems with it a few years ago with mkv files when i used it so i switched.

Now as i said before in the other thread i use The KMPlayer i did try MPC-HC with CCCP but it crashes with a 'Don't send' error every time i open MP4 Files and KM Doesn't so i'll stick to KM for now.

@Sick

Well when someone sends me an email saying they have problem playing the file and I ask what player they use, 9 times out of 10 they reply with VLC.

I tell em it's shit, and get MPC-HC with CCCP.

Sometimes they argue at first, but usually they go and try it. They all end up having NO problems.

VLC sucks face it. I'm tired of having to give help because everyone wants to use a FAIL player.

On EDK, I'm probably going to have to leave a message saying we only support MPC-HC with CCCP, and will not provide tech support for other shitty playback solutions. So if you have problems get it, if you have it and still have problems (very unlikely unless you are an idiot who failed to install properly, have other codecs interfering, or have a corrupt or unfinished downloaded video) then send me an email and I'll provide help if possible.